Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is it? No December solicit.
    Yeah, I said that before seeing the solicits. :'( Hope Tom Taylor stays on as a Spidey writer in the future like Zdarsky did! Or maybe they relaunch this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    fine was sue quote about 5 years true was the fantastic four gone that long? cause i think secret wars was like in 2016 no?
    Secret Wars was 2015, FF came back in 2018. And you gotta remember, for Reed and Sue, it was five years. For everyone else, it was a year at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Secret Wars was 2015, FF came back in 2018. And you gotta remember, for Reed and Sue, it was five years. For everyone else, it was a year at the most.
    oh i miss that about reed and sue
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is it? No December solicit.
    This....

Kinda through me off as well. I’m hoping it continues because the book is finally getting an identity as kind of “the little engine that could “. Really liking the more down to earth character focused approach this title has going right now. Nothing big....nothing really important and in a sense that really compliments ASM nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This....

Kinda through me off as well. I’m hoping it continues because the book is finally getting an identity as kind of “the little engine that could “. Really liking the more down to earth character focused approach this title has going right now. Nothing big....nothing really important and in a sense that really compliments ASM nicely.
    Little engine that could is a perfect description of this book

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Leave Aunt May alone, let her be she is his family..Spidey has always been about Peter and May, it just is ..Spidey has always been about family..and death..Pete has always been an "orphan", he needs May, and MJ, and that scene of hugs from the FF was lovely..his surrogate family.

Jon

BANNED

Some disturbed individuals on this board who instead of getting concerned about violence against women in comics demand more of it. mj dies then Teresa May Carlisle spider Gwen die!
    Last edited by Desmark; 09-19-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Some disturbed individuals on this board who instead of getting concerned about violence against women in comics demand more of it. mj dies then Teresa May Carlisle spider Gwen die!
    I am not one who pushes death on characters, and do not support mistreatment of women. But if you go through the history of Spider-Man, many of the best stories involve death. Kid Who Collected Spider-Man, Kraven's Last Hunt, ASM 91, death of Jean DeWolff, ASM 121 & 122 and of course, Amazing Fantasy 15 to name a few. Something to keep in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    I'm by no means an advocate of violence against female characters. I simply think Aunt has (long since) ran her course as a character and should be sent off into the great beyond.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm by no means an advocate of violence against female characters. I simply think Aunt has (long since) ran her course as a character and should be sent off into the great beyond.
    Should be or could be? One sounds far better than the other.

But that's besides the point: what about the actual story???

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Death in comics are really horrible and pointless. Killing off Aunt May (or really any other supporting character) would only degrade the book.

Nice issue. The part where Spider-Man "dies" reminded me of Into The Spider-Verse. I thought it was funny how Peter saw the TV that he was dead and was like OH **** NEED TO GO TELL MJ!

Also, whats up with him constantly not understanding irony? I thought he was supposed to be a genious? Funny though....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Also, whats up with him constantly not understanding irony? I thought he was supposed to be a genious? Funny though....
    That's probably a KLH reference there by Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Death in comics are really horrible and pointless. Killing off Aunt May (or really any other supporting character) would only degrade the book.
    I think she serves no purpose but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Should be or could be? One sounds far better than the other.

But that's besides the point: what about the actual story???
    Definitely, "Should Be" in this case.

Uh, it was okay nothing special. I'll give it 2 out of 5 stars so a bit below average, IMO.