Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #12 *SPOILERS*

Wow, this was a dang good issue! Taylor is really finding his groove on this title!

spoilers:
    Peter and Aunt May go to the cancer clinic, and Dr. Sebbens tells them that Aunt May's tumor has reduced and that they can prep her for surgery. While that's going on, there's a boat fire.

Peter goes to save the people, gets ambushed by a guy with a strange weapon. Peter falls into the water and the city reports him dead.

The Sebbenses are watching TV when Detective Sebbens gets a collect call from Peter, who's alive! They set up a meet but not before Peter gets to MJ, who is ecstatic to see her boyfriend isn't dead. He tells her that this is the third time a crime has happened that's been a trap, and that he let himself "die" so that he could investigate it. Detective Sebbens gets a description and a sketch: he's a hired gun named Yidiray Asrar (a mix of Mahmud Asrar and Yildiray Cinar?). Spidey goes undercover as a limo driver and takes down Asrar.

The next page is hilarious, as he threatens to eat Asrar with poison venom. Unsurprisingly, it works. Asrar gives a confession and Sebbens tells Spidey that it was the Under York boss who put a hit out on him. So, Spidey goes to the only people he knows to help: the Fantastic Four! For all out assault on Under York!
    end of spoilers

This series is so so good! I'm glad it's continuing. The character work is solid, the stakes are fun and not too seriously. The art is good and consistent! Man, this series is on point!

damn aunt may getting good news is the only negative for me this issue
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Honestly I wasn't expecting to enjoy this series as much as I'm doing. I hope it doesn't get canceled
    Edit: I just saw december solicitations
    Last edited by vhm74; 09-19-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    damn aunt may getting good news is the only negative for me this issue
    LOL, thanks for the laugh.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    LOL, thanks for the laugh.
    not going to lie i read this before the new abrams issue and seeing spoilers:
    mj die before aunt may
    end of spoilers piss me off

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

mj die before aunt may
    spoilers:
    Dammit just dammit, just dammit it f'you Marvel office! Kill the old bat now! Sorry, I had to vent.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

mj die before aunt may
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    Dammit just dammit, just dammit it f'you Marvel office! Kill the old bat now! Sorry, I had to vent.
    end of spoilers
    Jesus, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Jesus, guys...
    im sorry man but she is pass her expiration date there is literally no reason for her besides being peters mom

BANNED

This issue feels like an extended finale. Taylor looks like he's wrapping everything up. And also addressing some complaints. I remember many people said that Under York feels like the kind of thing that's more appropriate for the Fantastic Four, well where did that bring them, back to Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This issue feels like an extended finale. Taylor looks like he's wrapping everything up. And also addressing some complaints. I remember many people said that Under York feels like the kind of thing that's more appropriate for the Fantastic Four, well where did that bring them, back to Taylor.
    Good callback!

im sorry man but she is pass her expiration date there is literally no reason for her besides being peters mom
    Lmao damn we got some ruthless ice cold killers in this thread lol. Im not sure what’s worse...The fact that people like you exist or the fact that I completely agree with you lol.

There really isn’t any point to keep her around anymore. It’s almost as if she’s outlived her usefulness in the spiderverse... It’s been a longtime coming. Still get annoyed thinking about how Marvel screwed up her original death which was emotionally charged and perfect during the Clone Saga. Then they get a second crack at it and Peter chose the old bag over the hot red head. Sorry Aunt May, it’s time to go.....
    Last edited by RD155; 09-18-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Lmao damn we got some ruthless ice cold killers in this thread lol. Im not sure what’s worse...The fact that people like you exist or the fact that I completely agree with you lol.

There really isn’t any point to keep her around anymore. It’s almost as if she’s outlived her usefulness in the spiderverse... It’s been a longtime coming. Still get annoyed thinking about how Marvel screwed up her original death which was emotionally charged and perfect during the Clone Saga. Then they get a second crack at it and Peter chose the old bag over the hot red head. Sorry Aunt May, it’s time to go.....
    Im just at a point where when do these stories actually feel like they are moving forward instead of rebooting every other year I will like to believe there a conclusion to the story of earth 616 spiderman

Regardless of Aunt May's status, can we please talk about the actual book???

Regardless of Aunt May's status, can we please talk about the actual book???
    fine was sue quote about 5 years true was the fantastic four gone that long? cause i think secret wars was like in 2016 no?

This series is so so good! I'm glad it's continuing.
    Is it? No December solicit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman