Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Man, the remaining Lights must be just pissed about Hope's new crew getting the messiah glory they thought they were gonna get.
    Transonic [sucking her teeth during the "do we know them?" ceremony]: buuullllshiiitttt...

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I love the notion that they are always together and only get stronger while doing their work.
    me too it's a very interesting concept. What happens when general mutants start to try and explore what their powers can do together.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

I've always liked Elixir but man since Academy X he feels like just an overpowered plot device. Like man can't he just be a normal student and have a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Transonic [sucking her teeth during the "do we know them?" ceremony]: buuullllshiiitttt...
    I may need to draw this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Kinda reminded me of Age of X and how the mutants with Telekinesis were revered as a select group as well.
    Yeah I feel that. Kinda mirrors the Phoenix Five too. I appreciate the comparisons drawn, and what they have done for mutantkind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So do they have a list they go by? Does Noriko need to subscribe to their Patreon so she can get her picks resurrected first?
    Lol. You know some mutants would be pushy about getting their boys and girls back in the fold. Selene probably wants all her cult and Hellfire loyalists, Sunfire would want Sunpyre back, Callisto is def stern about getting all her Morlocks back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I love the notion that they are always together and only get stronger while doing their work.
    That'd be due to Hope's weird subconscious psychic influence abilities. She displayed it with her lights. They don't even realize it, but she's manipulating and placating them, and bringing them closer together.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Man, the remaining Lights must be just pissed about Hope's new crew getting the messiah glory they thought they were gonna get.
    Lol you know it. I do wonder what Oya, Primal and Transonic make of this. Velocidad might be back already too, if the Five get any say in who comes back first.

The OP panel was just so glorious to behold in the story. Such a grand entrance for Hope, Elixir, Proteus, and...two of the Bendis/Bachalo recruits! It's mindblowing to me how fondly that actually makes me remember Bendis' Uncanny run. What?? I'm pretty sure I've spent the last several years completely sure of the fact that I do not like Bendis' X-Men and it's not worth revisiting. Now I suddenly feel like the Uncanny side of it is cool and a worthy chapter in the title's storied history? Is this just Hickman's magic? May have to revisit....

Bachalo's Eva Bell design is great though; the skirt, the hair. Suddenly seeing and recognizing her after probably not thinking about that character's existence for years might be my favorite part. I mean, I've thought about Goldballs in the last few years, it's Goldballs! Gold. Balls! The others, less so. But now Fabio and Eva are a crucial part of where the whole X-line is headed... and so, retroactively, Bendis contributed a lasting piece of the X-Men mythos. It wasn't the time displaced O5, who had always been the thing I most associated with Bendis X-Men. No, the lasting part was from the outlaw series with all my favorite characters (Illyana, Kitty, Emma, Cuckoos, etc.) Well done, Hickman.

Oh and I also choose to read more polyamorous subtext into the Five's symbiotic fulfillment. Thanks for that too!

I thought Tempus was older now? I like what Hickman is doing, but it wouldn't kill for him to respect some continuity.

I’m so happy Hope is back and getting to do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I love that they seem to have adopted Goldballs' color scheme for the group.
    What a promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    The OP panel was just so glorious to behold in the story. Such a grand entrance for Hope, Elixir, Proteus, and...two of the Bendis/Bachalo recruits! It's mindblowing to me how fondly that actually makes me remember Bendis' Uncanny run. What?? I'm pretty sure I've spent the last several years completely sure of the fact that I do not like Bendis' X-Men and it's not worth revisiting. Now I suddenly feel like the Uncanny side of it is cool and a worthy chapter in the title's storied history? Is this just Hickman's magic? May have to revisit....

Bachalo's Eva Bell design is great though; the skirt, the hair. Suddenly seeing and recognizing her after probably not thinking about that character's existence for years might be my favorite part. I mean, I've thought about Goldballs in the last few years, it's Goldballs! Gold. Balls! The others, less so. But now Fabio and Eva are a crucial part of where the whole X-line is headed... and so, retroactively, Bendis contributed a lasting piece of the X-Men mythos. It wasn't the time displaced O5, who had always been the thing I most associated with Bendis X-Men. No, the lasting part was from the outlaw series with all my favorite characters (Illyana, Kitty, Emma, Cuckoos, etc.) Well done, Hickman.

Oh and I also choose to read more polyamorous subtext into the Five's symbiotic fulfillment. Thanks for that too!
    In general, it reminds me how much I love how Hickman tends to use use/remember/play with other writers' creations. That's a good use of history and the work of predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Laurie was kinda always a little ambivalent about the whole Lights thing, wasn't she?

I wonder if the Five will get their own book in the second wave. If they do, will it be called The Five? Maybe Paragons would be a cooler name for them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I wonder if the Five will get their own book in the second wave. If they do, will it be called The Five? Maybe Paragons would be a cooler name for them.
    I mean didn't they have a whole book called The Five Lights at one point?

Generation Hope?

Tempus looks age appropriate. And only change they made when she did come back older was that her hair got longer.

She could have gotten a haircut. Just saying.

Also almighty Five need to find a way to repower Wind Dancer for me. Thanks. Bye.

X-Editors read this and make it happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I thought Tempus was older now? I like what Hickman is doing, but it wouldn't kill for him to respect some continuity.
    She already had short hair by the end of Bendis' run, if that's what you associate with older Tempus. So far, no indication she's not the oldest of the group.

She would be anyway if she was not aged through time travel. I think the ones closer to her age are Goldballs and Proteus.