Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So happy to see the mutant messiah FINALLY doing something important. I gave up on her before. I just hope she can still copy powers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I've always liked Elixir but man since Academy X he feels like just an overpowered plot device. Like man can't he just be a normal student and have a personality.
    I would argue that he has been depowered here. Should a mutant die on Earth old Elixir alone should be able to handle it. Now he always needs help it seems. He also has yet to undergo a secondary mutation judging by the lack of gold.

Also school suks.

reading/writing real time resurrection in Marvel comic books with Stan Lee's letters actually juxtaposed throughout the issues addressing fans out of the pages of an age when word and communication and ephemera...

Hickman's a genius.

if there was a such a thing as human evolution transcending our current state of crudely cutting away flesh and stone for societal construct...maybe resurrection as a collective possibility that entails the active archiving of us in parts as re-becoming art and of individual memory, body, molecular structure, fit, name, occupation, power all internal to the next rip and curl...etc - set against the threat and/or concurrent evolution of an AI and animate earth...all...someplace other...even as explained and carefully shown and diagramed...this whole universe...is nowhere...but there...like a stage...transportable...a theater of where.

um, is doesn't even have to be genius...

it's great storytelling.

Use what you got...to make something you don't even understand...yet...

5 is an important number in X-books.

5 alive...4 horsesmen and a fifth after...too...maybe Hope.
    Last edited by sungila; 09-19-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

The rainbow jesuses are pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I would argue that he has been depowered here. Should a mutant die on Earth old Elixir alone should be able to handle it. Now he always needs help it seems. He also has yet to undergo a secondary mutation judging by the lack of gold.
    Has Elixir ever created biological matter from nothing? I thought his powers always worked directly on a target. Otherwise he'd just be able to magic up any person he wanted any time.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

Also school suks.
    Elixir can resurrect folks on his own but it requires a lot of energy. He has to take an equivalent amount of life force from someone else, essentially he has to kill in order to give life.

But by focusing on his biological manipulation abilities, specifically cellular regeneration, and working with Goldballs, Proteus and Tempus he can bypass that cost. Resurrect more people without having to kill an equivalent amount

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think it's interesting that Josh has chosen to alter his genetic sequence to be, well, normal again. I wonder what spurred that on?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Amazing Member

Dani theorized that Josh's golden skin was representative of his subconscious desire to become the "golden boy" so if that is true then as one of the five he could be said to have succeed in becoming the "golden boy" so with he desire fulfilled his subconscious might have restored him to his normal appearance.

If mimic joins the five omg I would love that.

Also why isn’t Layla Miller on this team

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    If mimic joins the five omg I would love that.

Also why isn’t Layla Miller on this team
    Layla resurrects living creatures without their soul, which means they become amoral sociopaths, and she needs the body of the dead person to be intact. She can resurrect you without your soul if you died 10 minutes ago, if you have begun to rot she can't. If your body is destroyed she can't.

She can't be used by Hickman because she brings the problem of having or not having a soul into this. And it's an issue Hickman is avoiding. We are to believe clones are the same as the character who died because the clone is given the same memories of the character who died.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When was the last time Mimic copied a mutant's powers that wasn't one of the O5? If it was Dark X-Men and/or Legacy , I don't own most of those books.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When was the last time Mimic copied a mutant's powers that wasn't one of the O5? If it was Dark X-Men and/or Legacy , I don't own most of those books.
    it was legacy, he was with his almost boyfriend Omega, whom I am surprised wasnt included in the Omega Level mutants list.

Amazing Member

Just thinking the Five could be used to create children if you create a fertilized in a lab then inject it into one of the golden eggs the Five do their thing and remove the baby when it is developed enough to survive easily in outside the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it was legacy, he was with his almost boyfriend Omega, whom I am surprised wasnt included in the Omega Level mutants list.
    Omega could help them to improve the Resurrection procedure, like Mimic and Sync. I hope he comes back as Mimic's boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    Just thinking the Five could be used to create children if you create a fertilized in a lab then inject it into one of the golden eggs the Five do their thing and remove the baby when it is developed enough to survive easily in outside the egg.
    Maybe that is exactly how they started creating Chimeras in Life 9.

Incredible Member

As a reality warper, couldn’t proteus bring people back to life just as jamie braddock did with psylocke? Are the others even nevessary?