Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Idea: Summers-Grey family as a lynchpin of the MCU X-Men plotline

You know: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Corsair, Havok, Rachel Summers, Madelyne Pryor, Cable, Nate Grey, Vulcan, Hope Summers etc...

... and it all goes back to one Mr. Sinister, who I believe will be a huge MCU villain by way of being a major X-Men bad guy that the Fox movies never used, and thus completely new and an easy way to separate themselves from them.

Obviously, this wouldn't be the only thing about MCU X-Men, as it's massive and will have many plots like the rest of the MCU. I can see them tying the whole (confusing) family together as a major force in the ongoing storyline until the conclusion. I feel like that kind of tight-knit storytelling and continuity would be a step up from Fox. I also remember an Endgame writer saying they wanted to reinvent Cyclops and make him cool again, so it's totally possible.

Granted, the family tree is very infamously convoluted in that it involves clones, aliens, interdimensional beings, time travel, and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if they simplified things just a little bit for convenience.

What would you think?

After all the criticisms of the Fox movies for focusing on Logan. Xavier, Magneto and Mystique to the exclusion of everyone else, I can't see this being received any better. Especially with how convoluted the family tree is.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    After all the criticisms of the Fox movies for focusing on Logan. Xavier, Magneto and Mystique to the exclusion of everyone else, I can't see this being received any better. Especially with how convoluted the family tree is.
    As I said, it amounts to execution. I even said it wouldn't be the only plot, but one of them, because the MCU has always been good about balance (most of the time). There are numerous arcs that reach their conclusion without invading or taking away from anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    You know: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Corsair, Havok, Rachel Summers, Madelyne Pryor, Cable, Nate Grey, Vulcan, Hope Summers etc...

... and it all goes back to one Mr. Sinister, who I believe will be a huge MCU villain by way of being a major X-Men bad guy that the Fox movies never used, and thus completely new and an easy way to separate themselves from them.

Obviously, this wouldn't be the only thing about MCU X-Men, as it's massive and will have many plots like the rest of the MCU. I can see them tying the whole (confusing) family together as a major force in the ongoing storyline until the conclusion. I feel like that kind of tight-knit storytelling and continuity would be a step up from Fox. I also remember an Endgame writer saying they wanted to reinvent Cyclops and make him cool again, so it's totally possible.

Granted, the family tree is very infamously convoluted in that it involves clones, aliens, interdimensional beings, time travel, and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if they simplified things just a little bit for convenience.

What would you think?
    No thanks.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

X-men lore much bigger than that. So no. Specially no to Nate grey, Pryor and Vulcan in MCU. Rachel can kinda work.

BANNED

LOL I like them in moderation but **** no. I had enough of the Summers-Grey Brady Bunch family as the most important part of the X-Men **** in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    LOL I like them in moderation but **** no. I had enough of the Summers-Grey Brady Bunch family as the most important part of the X-Men **** in the 90s.
    And i really can't see it happening after a whole movie about Jean/Phoenix
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

No thanks.

Do people miss the part where I said it wasn't the only plot?

Because that's what moderation is. It's a plot that gets resolved in the end but there are tons of others that don't get intruded or anything.

Because that's what moderation is. It's a plot that gets resolved in the end but there are tons of others that don't get intruded or anything.
    Ok here we go. So they have to go out of their way to adapt a story. So now we have to figure out how to explain Jean and Maddie in a movie where neither of them will be known. Sounds like a lot of screen time.

Then we have to explain nate. So now there is a child involved which already ages the characters even if it's a sinister creation.

Throw Rachel on top of that with Nate and now your looking at 3 children between 3 characters that has to be explained, two from an alternate timeline.

There just doesn't seem to be any point to it when there is literally thousands of other material that can be touched on.

personally i wouldn't touch Nate, Rachel, Cable, or MAdelyine with a ten foot pole, especially not when i'm just trying to establish a franchise in the MCU. It doesn't make sense it would take WAY too much time.

Then you have the "source material" crowd that will proably go crazy over too many changes.

There is absolutely no advantage to trying to do this story. none.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think Kevin Feige made it clear that he'll use any character he can, so don't be surprised if Nate shows up at some point.

I think Kevin Feige made it clear that he'll use any character he can, so don't be surprised if Nate shows up at some point.
    Some point maybe. But definitely not in what will proably be the first trilogy or introduction of the x-men. Best to keep it simple and focus on deep story rather than how to alter a whole family for no other reason than for them to be there.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Deleted because the right picture doesn’t want to load. It was Kitty and Illyana btw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 10-03-2019 at 06:51 AM.

BANNED

It's a no!

1. I don't think a Dragonball eugenics storyline is good for America.

2. I don't think Mister Sinister is a good villain to tell X-Men themes.

3. I don't think Scott <3 Jean stories are all that compelling.

4. I think all their time-traveling, dimension-hopping children are extraneous wastes of time.

What else you got?