Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Getting Asm, Spider-Man 2099, marauders, agents of Wakanda and eternals.

Avengers
    Strikeforce
    X-Men
    X-Force
    Marauders
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Sticking with what I'm already reading for the most part, but there are a lot of trades that have my interest.

Definitely:
    INCOMING #1 - Because Cates and his Venom run are involved. The regular cover makes me think the murder victim is Tony.
    X-MEN #3 & #4 - Man, Leinil Francis Yu is NOT a good cover artist. Also, double shipping... guess it keeps the momentum from HOX/POX.
    NEW MUTANTS #3
    NEW MUTANTS #4 - Huh, I guess they're alternating issues for whatever reason... Okay? So long as Hickman is only on for an arc and I can drop off it if I don't enjoy it after without missing some of his stuff.
    FALLEN ANGELS #3 & #4 - Kwannon needs the purple hair. She looks too generic without it. Still looking forward to this, though.
    SCREAM: CURSE OF CARNAGE #2 - Gets an arc because I like Scream and Chapman. Still hoping it's Patricia Robertson under there and not Andi Benton. That cover though... no clue who that is. Is that one of the symbiotes from Conway's Carnage run? Or a completely new one?
    SPIDER-MAN #4 (OF 5) - First issue was pretty good and makes it clear this isn't just plugging a new villain and that's it so why not?
    VENOM #21
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #12 - I;m sure this solicitation is going to make the speculators go out in droves to buy up the rest of Cates' Cosmic stuff. Yaaaay... I can't wait for the nonsense prices...

SILVER SURFER OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC (NEW PRINTING) - YES YES YES YES YES! YES! FINALLY!

Maybe:
    X-FORCE #3 & #4 - Depending on the first issue, but not likely.
    EXCALIBUR #3 & #4 - ^. Also, yay, Rictor gets to be on the cover this month!
    MARAUDERS #3 & #4 - If I like the first issue, but even then maybe not because I don't care about the cast. Xavier's presence is cool though.
    VENOM 2099 #1 - For Houser and Venom.
    REVENGE OF THE COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 (OF 5) - For the Cates backups.
    MORBIUS #2 - Depending on the first issue.
    GHOST RIDER #3 - Might just trade-wait it, but I'm definitely interested in at least reading the first arc.
    AMAZING MARY JANE #3
    STRIKEFORCE #4

WOLVERINE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC STEVE MCNIVEN VARIANT (NEW PRINTING, DM ONLY) - I'd prefer that Kitty Pryde and Wolverine be in another UXM omnibus but Weapon X is solid and probs won't be so... maybe.
    CAPTAIN AMERICA BY TA-NEHISI COATES VOL. 1 HC - Might omnibus-wait it.
    SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC - I think I've heard decent things about this run but I'm not a big fan of a lot of Byrne's writing and Byrne himself is... yeah.
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE TPB - Maybe. Not likely though. Because if THIS series isn't getting a hardcover... yeah, they're probably including it in the a Cates Venom OHC. And honestly I might just hold out on buying trades of his run and get the inevitable omnibus, because the trades leave out important tie-ins.
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: SCREAM TPB - I've enjoyed the first two issues and it'll look nice next to the Scream trades (assuming they're good... and the series lasts a decent length). I guess Separation Anxiety can be included for length and because it's at least related to Scream in some way.
    BLACK CAT VOL. 1: GRAND THEFT MARVEL TPB
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY NICK SPENCER VOL. 6 TPB
    LOKI TPB - Well... that was short. But War of the Realms: Omega had an interesting setup and I'm hoping Kibblesmith did some interesting stuff with it.
    INVISIBLE WOMAN TPB - Haven't really heard anything about this run aside from Sue ignoring a SHIELD agent wanting her to cheat on Reed, which is nice given that their marriage drama is a completely decomposed horse by this point.
    AGENTS OF ATLAS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB - I remember hearing good things about the original Agents of Atlas and Jeff Parker has been a pretty solid writer in the past.
    X-STATIX: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB - Might just get the omnibus which I remember being dirt cheap. I AM still interested in this run, though.
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB - Would be nice to know what's actually in it (good job, CBR), but Remender's Sam run is short enough that it won't get an omnibus (Spencer's probably needs one with the dual titles), but I could see them bundling it in with the Steve run he did.
    X-MEN MILESTONES: ONSLAUGHT TPB - Probably just getting all of these Milestones trades.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 09-20-2019 at 07:22 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

Not really interested in Annihilation: Scourge without Cates' involvement, since he seems to be the new Cosmic architect, but ESPECIALLY not interested if it's Rosenberg for some reason since I recall him mentioning doing a big DC project soon?

MAN, Moondragon looks weird on that Marvel Tales cover!

Serpent War is combining with Annihilation: Scourge to ensure I don't care about any events for the first quarter of 2020.

Thor: The Worthy sounds cool and like a nice way to kind of close out Jason Aaron's era of Thor, even if he himself isn't writing it.

So... Doctor Doom... I guess we know what goes down with Mephisto in Ghost Rider then.

Okay, I was willing to give Tamaki the benefit of the doubt with Spider-Man/Venom but... no. Not with a solicitation like that.

I feel like, by this point, Bucky IS more important than Clint to Natasha and her past.

Well... Immortal Hulk sure is taking a turn.

That's a great Jane Foster cover.

If Invaders is ending, it was a good run. I wish this team was more able to support a long-lasting ongoing, but I'll take what I can get.

It's starting to sound like Ahmed is really in love with Kamala's new suit.

Man is the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda arc going for long! I guess that's going to be two OHCs?

That Future Foundation cover is bittersweet af

Legit forgot Old Man Quill was still going. Sacks is going to branch out now and do something else, right? Because he's a good writer, but I don't think it's good that his writing is so focused on that one universe (like, the only other thing I can remember him writing besides Hawkeye and Quill is that admittedly good Silver Surfer annual a while back)

I have never liked Kris Anka's costume designs and that Nico one is, again, too bland.

I've been catching up on Aaron's Conan and it's pretty alright, and thankfully the "arc" isn't really a traditional arc, but I'm still going to be glad when it's over.

Oh hey, is the main Star Wars title finally going to move past that one era (if it hasn't already)? Because I seriously got bored of that stuff after like 20 issues.

The lightsaber chains do NOT look good when drawn by Phil Noto.

Oh man, Doctor Aphra's ending? I really liked what I read of that and have been meaning to read more. Though if they do end it with her death... props to them, in all honesty. But something makes me think she'll fake her death and retire (probably with that Imperial lady who last I read she had sexual tension with).

That Astonishing X-Men omnibus DM variant cover is cute, though the black visor makes Scott look evil af.

So... we're getting a Namor movie, right?

Okay, those Absolute carnage trades... I get the miniseries will be thin trades but... these are just weird. Maybe include the issue where said person got their codex instead and put all the one-shots together? Because that Immortal Hulk one -- also, I guess Immortal Hulk will be the new Wolverine and get his name on things as long as Ewing is killing it on that title -- is thin anyway and might as well make it a bit thicker to ring out money from Immortal Hulk fans and collect things somewhat cohesively.

The guy in the turban-esque thing on the Target Vader cover made me think so hard that Esad Ribic drew that cover... but cyborg guy on the left completely negated that.

Is the lady on that Savage Sword of Conan trade meant to look like she has a Madame Masque face?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Used the Monkey's Paw to wish for more Avengers Academy characters and got Cammi in Cosmic Ghost Rider. Yay?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB - Would be nice to know what's actually in it (good job, CBR)
    CBR aren't to blame for it duplicating the description for the Agents of Atlas TPB. The same mistake is on all the sites.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

INCOMING #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: ANNIHILATION – MAN-WOLF IN SPACE #1
    CONAN: SERPENT WAR #1 & #2 (OF 4)
    TRUE BELIEVERS: ANNIHILATION – SUPER-SKRULL #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS:CONAN: SERPENT WAR #0 –THE VALLEY OF THE WORM
    X-MEN #3 & #4
    MARAUDERS #3 & #4
    DR. STRANGE #1
    THOR: THE WORTHY #1
    MORBIUS #2
    DEADPOOL #2
    GHOST RIDER #3
    DOCTOR DOOM #3
    SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN: ALIEN REALITY #1 (OF 5)
    BLACK CAT #7
    IMMORTAL HULK #28
    HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #6 (of 6)
    FANTASTIC FOUR #17
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN #12

Spectacular Member

so looks like December is going to be felt in my wallet

Annihilation omega 1
    Annihilation silver surfer 1
    Annihilation nova 1
    Annihilation beta ray bill 1
    Annihilation fantastic four 1
    avengers 28
    black panther & agents of wakanda
    captain america 17
    doctor doom 3
    doctor strange 1
    excalibur 3
    excalibur 4
    fallen angels 3
    fallen angels 4
    fantastic four 17
    guardians of the galaxy 12
    history of the marvel universe 6
    incoming 1
    king thor 4
    new mutants 3
    new mutants 4
    thor: unworthy 1
    x-men 3
    x-men 4

Extraordinary Member

The Morbius book looks fun. I wonder how his nee treatment is going to make him worse than usual?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is Incoming spinning off Marvel Comics 1000? If so, I guess I'll have to get it.

Definitely:
    Invaders 12 - I'm sad this story is ending, but not disappointed. This is a great run.
    Daredevil 14 & 15 - I hate inconsistent double shipping. This has been a fairly slowburn story, but it's been a masterpiece so far. Looking forward to the ongoing exploration of Mayor Fisk.

Probably:
    Avengers 28 - I haven't given up on this story yet. I'll definitely finish this arc since I enjoy when they go in the direction of Starbrand. Especially with the Brood since I'm re-reading the original Brood Saga right now.
    Captain Marvel 13 - I hope this isn't irreversible, but I trust Kelly Thompson.
    Black Panther 19 - I've enjoyed this story, but the pace has been terrible. Looking forward to it finally ending - eventually.

Maybe:
    Giant-Size Defenders #3 - Facsimile Edition - They're playing this as Daredevil meets the Defenders when it's really a Contest of Champions story, iirc. But Daredevil did have some important Defenders tie-ins over time.
    Thor: The Worthy - The creative lineup is just too compelling to ignore.

Maybe, but probably not:
    Strikeforce 4 - If the reviews for this series is good, I'll check it out. I realize it could be cancelled before it ever gets to that point, but it'll be on my radar.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    CBR aren't to blame for it duplicating the description for the Agents of Atlas TPB. The same mistake is on all the sites.
    Ah. CBR have screwed up solicitations in the past, so I just assumed, but yeah it's even on Previewsworld. My apologies to the CBR staff.

Regular pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Used the Monkey's Paw to wish for more Avengers Academy characters and got Cammi in Cosmic Ghost Rider. Yay?
    I know Avengers Academy fans really don't like Cammi because of Arena and Undercover, which I haven't read, but I liked her in the DnA era Cosmic stuff so I'm hopeful she's used well again... but I also really dislike Dennis Hopeless' writing in general AND he's the guy who wrote Arena and Undercover, so I'm not optimistic.

Regular pulls:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Do my eyes deceive me or do I see Richard Rider being promoted as the main Nova in these comics, with Sam nowhere to be seen?

Come on Marvel, give him another ongoing!
    Why is this remotely surprising? Like in any way. This isn't like 2 years ago. Richard's been back and been dealing with cosmic stuff for a year now. Did you miss a year or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    I know Avengers Academy fans really don't like Cammi because of Arena and Undercover, which I haven't read, but I liked her in the DnA era Cosmic stuff so I'm hopeful she's used well again... but I also really dislike Dennis Hopeless' writing in general AND he's the guy who wrote Arena and Undercover, so I'm not optimistic.
    Hopeless wrote Cammi insanely well. She was just so awesome in both of those series.

hopeless cammi the GOAT

cgr tho...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate