Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Yet another month where the Scarlet Witch isn't in anything, I'm inclined to believe Rich Johnston's gossip from last month that there was a plan to turn her and Quicksilver back into Magneto's kids, but it got shelved or put on hold. Even by Maximoff standards, being completely benched for the rest of 2019 (and possibly beyond) makes it seem like something got canceled or postponed.

Cebulski's publishing strategy doesn't have much to interest me anyway, though I'm glad for X-fans that that line seems to be in decent hands.

what even is this line under cebulski
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yet another month where the Scarlet Witch isn't in anything, I'm inclined to believe Rich Johnston's gossip from last month that there was a plan to turn her and Quicksilver back into Magneto's kids, but it got shelved or put on hold. Even by Maximoff standards, being completely benched for the rest of 2019 (and possibly beyond) makes it seem like something got canceled or postponed.

Cebulski's publishing strategy doesn't have much to interest me anyway, though I'm glad for X-fans that that line seems to be in decent hands.
    Reminds me of Janet being in limbo after Axis ended in early 2015 and Janet literally appeared in 3issues(all new wolverine 5, antman annual, and another antman issue. Latter 2being small appearances) in the next 1.5 years until she joined Duggan's Uncanny Avengers.

It has to end. Come on Marvel, make a second avengers book already

cebulski sayin' sike and insta-cancelling your lgbt-led titles

cebulski refusing to launch a second actual avengers book while 6 different x-titles double ship

cebulski with a spoon telling you to eat your conan
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

So no Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man (maybe that was last month?), no Loki (was it a 5 issue series?), no Ironheart, and Invaders and Future Foundation cancelled

Invaders ending seems expected but wow, Loki is gone already?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    what even is this line under cebulski

If NYCC doesn't give me books to care about, after Runaways is axed, I'll just stick to the shows. Ms. Marvel is safe now anyways.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It has to end. Come on Marvel, make a second avengers book already
    My suspicion is that the decent sales of Aaron's Avengers would be compromised if they brought out another ongoing like New Avengers or Uncanny Avengers. I don't think they would outsell the flagship title but they would peel off some readers who preferred that lineup (whoever happened to be on it). This way they can at least say their boring all-star lineup is selling OK.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLives View Post
    So no Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man (maybe that was last month?), no Loki (was it a 5 issue series?), no Ironheart, and Invaders and Future Foundation cancelled
    Yeah, Loki's TPB collects 1-5 and his story from War of the Realms Omega. It's cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

X-Men #3-4
    Excalibur #3-4
    Daredevil #14-15
    Doctor Doom #3
    Immortal Hulk #28
    Savage Avengers #8
    Avengers #28
    Strikeforce #4
    Conan The Barbarian #12
    Doom 2099 #1
    King Thor #4
    Invaders #12

I was pretty sure Loki was only going to be 5 issues from the start?

That sucks about Ironheart though.

Not a fan with what Cebulski is doing but Spider-Woman is in an Ongoing and I hope Strikeforce has success bc I'll be sad if it doesn't.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Eh, if my guess is right, based on Incoming's solicit, Eve Ewing may well be the new Champions writer.... which would mean she'd still be writing Riri.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow.....so Doom 2099 #1 is a series and not just a True Believers reprint. The original info was pretty vague. Two ongoing series featuring Doom.....who woulda thunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wow.....so Doom 2099 #1 is a series and not just a True Believers reprint. The original info was pretty vague. Two ongoing series featuring Doom.....who woulda thunk?
    The 2099 issues are all one-shots making up a mini-event and ending with the 2099 Omega issue.

What's with that Incoming teaser using the Marvel Now era designs, only with old Loki and Black Cat? Did someone do a Marvel Now piece and forget to publish it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Loki's TPB collects 1-5 and his story from War of the Realms Omega. It's cancelled.
    I think it's a bit rash to leap to that conclusion. That's a fairly typical trade length, especially if it also contains the Omega Issue story, and Kibblesmith has been talking up until pretty recently, as in 3 days ago, like it's going to continue. He's been on a few podcasts recently, and he kept talking about his 'first arc' and like he had plans for the future. The 5 issue trade could just mean a new arc begins with issue 6, and it may be delayed for the same reason, it may rely on events elsewhere, like in the Thor relaunch or Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I was pretty sure Loki was only going to be 5 issues from the start?
    I am not sure where people keep getting this idea, but no, it was billed as an ongoing from the first issue.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-18-2019 at 06:17 PM.