Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Are those ASM covers Tony Daniels first Marvel work?
    We need better comics

I kind of wish bleeding cool would stop being putz’s and let comic companies release solicits when they want to. That being said...
    New mutants sounds like we may get to see some of the lost generation mutants.
    Who is in mi;13in Excalibur? I kind of like some of the British characters.
    Is morbius going after super villains, now?
    Not interested in the avengers in space, but Thor as a brood...
    Last edited by protege; 09-18-2019 at 08:48 PM.

That's an absurdly cringey solicit for Immortal Hulk.

Thoughts:

- I wasn't really in-love with how Ewing tried to tie things in together with Marvel 1000 so I'm not sure if I'll be any more engaged this time around.

- So is Rosenberg going to kill off as many cosmic heroes as he killed off X-Men? Is Rich going to keep mentioning that time he ripped Annihilus' face off?

- Fitting to have Gage write the FF for a one-shot when he's frequently Dan Slott's writing partner.

- 2099 is back in force. I wonder if we'll see an MC2 resurgence in the next few years or so?

- Even Ghost Rider 2099? Lot of Ghost Riders these days.

- I'm not sure how I feel about Strange as a surgeon again (I guess even a Sorcerer Supreme needs a day job), but I'm going to give Waid the benefit of the doubt.

- That "Worthy" one-shot sounds fun. "no Thor story would be complete without his most trusted companion: the berserker, the warrior extraordinaire, the Lady Sif!" Someone should tell modern Thor writers this.

- Didn't even take two issues for Thompson to bring Elsa Bloodstone into her new book. I wonder if she's secretly continually pushing for an ongoing or series for her behind the scenes?

- Doom vs. Mephisto? Blue Marvel? You have my attention.

- Hawkeye and Black Widow fans sound like they'll be very happy with December's Web of Black Widow.

- Glad to see Aaron's run finally concluded, now all that's left is the announcement of who's taking over Thor.

- Sounds like The Hulk has become a movement unto his own.

- "Thor is a Brood now..." does not surprise me in the least.

- Carol's killed an Avenger? Yeah, there's some subterfuge or fakery going on here, unless it's a really obscure one she killed.

- Does Kamala really need a souped-up supersuit to beat Mr. Hyde? I mean, he's tough, but not tougher then other villains she's take on.

- Sounds like they take the AI dynamic in Slott's Iron Man and maybe have an AI Tony running an Iron Man armor.

- Coates is finally at this final arc? Will this finally finish his run?

- The Agents of Wakanda vs. The Moon? Does Ego have a hand in this?

- The Agents of Atlas sure seem to be kissing a lot.

- Oh hey, classic Yondu meets modern Yondu! That should be fun .

- Aero has the classic Superhero relationship problem...your love interest hates your Superhero identity.

- Charles Soule wrote a much-lauded Darth Vader run, and now he gets to write his grandson.

- So are they consolidating all the Star Wars books into one series leading up to Empire Strikes Back? Or is that a one-shot leading to the new ongoings?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think it's a bit rash to leap to that conclusion. That's a fairly typical trade length, especially if it also contains the Omega Issue story, and Kibblesmith has been talking up until pretty recently, as in 3 days ago, like it's going to continue. He's been on a few podcasts recently, and he kept talking about his 'first arc' and like he had plans for the future. The 5 issue trade could just mean a new arc begins with issue 6, and it may be delayed for the same reason, it may rely on events elsewhere, like in the Thor relaunch or Avengers.

I am not sure where people keep getting this idea, but no, it was billed as an ongoing from the first issue.
    Did Loki have a solicitation this month? I think that's where people are getting that idea.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thanks, Digifiend, for posting these.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    INVADERS #12
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    CARLOS MAGNO & BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    It all ends here! Can NAMOR be redeemed as the world drowns? Or will THE SPEAR crush THE INVADERS and remake the world in their image?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Invaders is cancelled as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Invaders ending seems expected but wow, Loki is gone already?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLives View Post
    So no Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man (maybe that was last month?), no Loki (was it a 5 issue series?), no Ironheart, and Invaders and Future Foundation cancelled
    Don't burst my bubble! I'm still hoping this means the end of the ARC, and that Zdarsky will get to continue writing Invaders. It's been a great book, and it isn't doing all that badly sales wise. There's plenty of other stories and Invaders that he can focus on, if he's finished his much appreciated focus on Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel "Let's cancel a bunch of our great books and give the reader's event tie-ins instead" comics. I am excited for the books I am currently reading but nothing else really stands out to me in regards to ongoing comics.

That Byrne She-Hulk Omnibus, however, looks great to me. Can't wait to pick that up.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    The 2099 issues are all one-shots making up a mini-event and ending with the 2099 Omega issue.
    Oh well, I guess it was too much to hope for.

All the X- Men Books
    Mag Ms Marvel 10
    Fantastic Four 17
    Future Foundation 5.
    Runaways 28.

That’s all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    The selection of characters looks amazing. :-)
    The art... I don't care for the elongated bodies. :-(

Meanwhile...
    Annihilation!?
    Will this relight Marvel's Cosmic Fire???
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    My suspicion is that the decent sales of Aaron's Avengers would be compromised if they brought out another ongoing like New Avengers or Uncanny Avengers. I don't think they would outsell the flagship title but they would peel off some readers who preferred that lineup (whoever happened to be on it). This way they can at least say their boring all-star lineup is selling OK.
    That "boring all-star line-up" is what a lot of fans want from the Avengers. It is, after all, supposed to be the A-list roster.

I'm glad that Marvel is sticking to having Aaron's book have the brand to itself, save for side books like WCA or Savage that are clearly not meant to step on the toes of what Aaron's doing.

Having too many Avengers teams only diluted the Avengers brand. Even if many of those books were solid, it was just too much.

I'd rather have Aaron's Avengers have the playing field to itself - as long as other teams like SA or Strikeforce or Agents of Wakanda can give homes to some under-used characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Did Loki have a solicitation this month? I think that's where people are getting that idea.
    no, but what I took issue with was how definitively they said it. All I'm saying is, no solicitation this month doesn't mean it is definitely canceled. Books get delayed sometimes for other reasons, from art delays to making it sync with another book, and we have other things pointing to it continuing. Not to mention Thor will likely be relaunching the following month, so the idea that it may tie in with the relaunch with a new arc isn't far fetched, them being brothers and all. All I'm saying is wait for an official word, or check next month before declaring it's done for sure, because books are delayed sometimes.

edit - oh and the 'i don't know where people get this idea' wasn't to the supposed cancellation, but that I keep seeing people thinking it is a limited series, even before this, and I don't know why, since it couldn't have been more clear that it was an ongoing in the solicit.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-18-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    That "boring all-star line-up" is what a lot of fans want from the Avengers. It is, after all, supposed to be the A-list roster.

I'm glad that Marvel is sticking to having Aaron's book have the brand to itself, save for side books like WCA or Savage that are clearly not meant to step on the toes of what Aaron's doing.

Having too many Avengers teams only diluted the Avengers brand. Even if many of those books were solid, it was just too much.

I'd rather have Aaron's Avengers have the playing field to itself - as long as other teams like SA or Strikeforce or Agents of Wakanda can give homes to some under-used characters.
    I'm glad you're glad, but obviously that doesn't make me find the lineup any less boring.

And anyway the problem is that they're not giving homes to under-used characters; that's why some core Avengers haven't been in anything in months. The constant double-dipping on characters (not all of them stars, to be fair: Janet Van Dyne, another core Avenger, is in multiple books) creates a situation where some characters have their stories set up and never told: the Scarlet Witch and Dr. Voodoo started a romance two years ago but haven't appeared in a book together all year.

If they can use characters and tell their stories without diluting the brand, great; otherwise, I will root for them to introduce another Avengers book that features more of the core Avengers and fewer of the A-listers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm glad you're glad, but obviously that doesn't make me find the lineup any less boring.

And anyway the problem is that they're not giving homes to under-used characters; that's why some core Avengers haven't been in anything in months. The constant double-dipping on characters (not all of them stars, to be fair: Janet Van Dyne, another core Avenger, is in multiple books) creates a situation where some characters have their stories set up and never told: the Scarlet Witch and Dr. Voodoo started a romance two years ago but haven't appeared in a book together all year.

If they can use characters and tell their stories without diluting the brand, great; otherwise, I will root for them to introduce another Avengers book that features more of the core Avengers and fewer of the A-listers.
    Keep rooting! All I would say is "don't hold your breath."

Digifiend you ever come to Atlanta I owe you a beer
    The J-man