Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-FORCE by Benjamin Percy and Joshua Cassara Appreciation 2019

Since Arnihal didn't create one for this for some reason, decided to make it myself lol.

This from House of X #5 seems to be their mission statement:

The interiors for this book look the best out of all the other books, in my opinion. Only contested by New Mutants.

Don't really care for the lineup outside Sage and Logan but that interior art is just too good to pass up on.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Don't really care for the lineup outside Sage and Logan but that interior art is just too good to pass up on.
    I know, the artist did a good job giving me a hairy Logan~

I enjoy the line-up though.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I really like most of the cast, not huge on Black Tom but I don't hate him either.
    I hope this is good. Jean and Beast aren't characters I ever imagined on X-force.
    Hope they are done good

Any interior art outside that DoX trailer?

I do find the lineup weird though. As I said, X-Force has always been the mature "bad boy" comic starring strong men and sexualized women, all of whom have a willingness to kill and do the dirty work. Jean Grey and Beast don't really fit to me, and I'm not big on Quire and Colossus being there either. Wolverine, Sage, Black Tom and Domino make sense though.

Though, to be fair, isn't this version of X-Force basically "mutant CIA"? That's what I read before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Any interior art outside that DoX trailer?

I do find the lineup weird though. As I said, X-Force has always been the mature "bad boy" comic starring strong men and sexualized women, all of whom have a willingness to kill and do the dirty work. Jean Grey and Beast don't really fit to me, and I'm not big on Quire and Colossus being there either. Wolverine, Sage, Black Tom and Domino make sense though.

Though, to be fair, isn't this version of X-Force basically "mutant CIA"? That's what I read before.
    Yeah. And as I said that HOX note seems to be what they're gonna be about. They're also divided between intelligence and field teams, and the writer has said there's gonna be drama, as apparently the field team is gonna want to go oldschool X-Force style.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The interiors for this book look the best out of all the other books, in my opinion. Only contested by New Mutants.
    Agreed. 100%.

BANNED

I'm excited for this for the different character dynamics. What I've seen of the art looks great too.

Loved that nod to X-force in today's issue.

today's hox issue actually made me interested in this book

Hope they make good use of the MA rating and find a way to balance out the page time for the big cast.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I liked the Wolverine Percy wrote for that audio novel thing he did with Marvel a year ago, so I'me excited. I also love his DC work. This should be a good read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Since Arnihal didn't create one for this for some reason, decided to make it myself lol.
    Created a lot of thread that day. Got tired. lol

X-FORCE #3 & #4
    THE BEST DEFENSE…
    TARGET: ALL ENEMIES OF MUTANTKIND!
    First, the new team strikes back against the humans who took one of their own. Then, with its orders established, the new X-Force hits the ground running, taking on deadly threats targeting mutantkind’s rightful place in the world
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-18-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Knowing how resurrecting is working in X-Men now, makes me wonder if the point of X-Force here isn't to kill people with the idea of resurrecting them later.