Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 319
  1. #226
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    I like Piotr. He's just so rarely used well and made into a credible force. Someone could easily. Give him back the beard and position him more a la Generation Next, and he could lead a squad instead of sitting around moping for Katya.

  2. #227
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,442

    Default

    Im interesting in seeing Jean and Piotr interact again. He was like a little brother to her and their interactions in Gold were always awesome



    I hope this is acknowledged

  3. #228
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    I hope they do something with Colossus but he will probably just be there to throw Wolverine and tease domilossus once.
    Many writers just don't care about him, along with Nightcrawler, Colossus is someone who sadly is considered secondary most of the time.
    Even on the brief things we know about this book is all Wolverine, Jean, Beats which is not bad because I like them but we haven't heard anything about Colossus.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-21-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    My opinions are my own

  4. #229
    Astonishing Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I like Piotr. He's just so rarely used well and made into a credible force. Someone could easily. Give him back the beard and position him more a la Generation Next, and he could lead a squad instead of sitting around moping for Katya.
    The beard needs to comeback. Piotr is like 200% sexier with it. I'd get him in a new or adapted uniform too. I'm not sure I'd ever have Piotr leading a squad, but he certainly should be much more than just the strong guy on the crew. I'm hoping his role in X-Force has substance, and he isn't written with some of his worst character traits (being mopey and pining after Kitty damn Pryde).

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope they do something with Colossus but he will probably just be there to throw Wolverine and tease domilossus once.
    Many writers just don't care about him, along with Nightcrawler, Colossus is someone who sadly is considered secondary most of the time.
    Even on the brief things we know about this book is all Wolverine, Jean, Beast which is not bad because I like them but we haven't heard anything about Colossus.
    Ugh don't jinx it. If Piotr is there just to do the fastball special, and doesn't hook up with Neena... what even is the point of him being there?
    I'm not sure I would say that Nightcrawler is secondary, but I do think the two have in common that writers don't really know what to do with them, so oftentimes they're just bounced off other characters y'know?

    It is sounding like most of these ensemble titles will have character leads, which is hardly surprising, but Logan & Hank being the writers favourites and the primary focus of the narrative just bores me. Jean, Domino & Colossus are the ones I'm interested in. And X-23, who apparently will show up down the line in some capacity.

  5. #230
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    The beard needs to comeback. Piotr is like 200% sexier with it. I'd get him in a new or adapted uniform too. I'm not sure I'd ever have Piotr leading a squad, but he certainly should be much more than just the strong guy on the crew. I'm hoping his role in X-Force has substance, and he isn't written with some of his worst character traits (being mopey and pining after Kitty damn Pryde).



    Ugh don't jinx it. If Piotr is there just to do the fastball special, and doesn't hook up with Neena... what even is the point of him being there?
    I'm not sure I would say that Nightcrawler is secondary, but I do think the two have in common that writers don't really know what to do with them, so oftentimes they're just bounced off other characters y'know?

    It is sounding like most of these ensemble titles will have character leads, which is hardly surprising, but Logan & Hank being the writers favourites and the primary focus of the narrative just bores me. Jean, Domino & Colossus are the ones I'm interested in. And X-23, who apparently will show up down the line in some capacity.
    The books seems very dinamic. Percy said that one issue follows Domino, sometimes 2 characters;
    while the leads are logan and beast, it doesn't mean they canibalize all the book
    Zethrimon unblock me

  6. #231
    Mighty Member tuck frump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope they do something with Colossus but he will probably just be there to throw Wolverine and tease domilossus once.
    Many writers just don't care about him, along with Nightcrawler, Colossus is someone who sadly is considered secondary most of the time.
    I wish this was true.

  7. #232
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I wish this was true.
    Why do you hate him?
    He is a good person, tall and handsome with a useful powerset
    My opinions are my own

  8. #233
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,783

    Default

    My only problem with colossus is when he decides to talks the word "Katya"
    Glady she isn't on this book
    Zethrimon unblock me

  9. #234
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,338

    Default

    I dunno. From all interviews X-Force sounds the most like a team book for me. Wolverine and Beast may be leaders of each group but I don't expect them to overshine other characters. Even covers for X-Froce focuses on different characters.

  10. #235
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    My only problem with colossus is when he decides to talks the word "Katya"
    Glady she isn't on this book
    Yeah. Colossus in Cable and X-Forve were the last time I really liked him.

  11. #236
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Red was one of the worst comics I've ever read. I can't remember how many times i cringed while reading it.

    Comparing it to House of X is like comparing the Ghost Rider Movies to Winter Soldier or TDK.

  12. #237
    Mighty Member tuck frump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why do you hate him?
    He is a good person, tall and handsome with a useful powerset
    Whedon should never have brought him back his arc had a satisfying ending. Nothing interesting has been made with him nor Kurt since Claremont first left.

  13. #238
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Red was one of the worst comics I've ever read. I can't remember how many times i cringed while reading it.

    Comparing it to House of X is like comparing the Ghost Rider Movies to Winter Soldier or TDK.
    so much for not criticizing Hicman x-men?

    without the high concepts hickman fall flat, while Red is really good with characters and was ahead of cambridge analitica scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah. Colossus in Cable and X-Forve were the last time I really liked him.
    Colossus was ok on extraordinary x-men, the problem was having go back to Kitty and being written by Guggemheim.

    He needs a new fresh direction
    Zethrimon unblock me

  14. #239
    Mighty Member tuck frump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    I dont remember a lot from XMen Red but the attempts at being topical were very cringey. The plot being resolved by literally just copying what Duggan was doing on Uncanny Avengers is embarassing. And inuniverse Jean calling out to the Avengers for support left a bad taste in my moith. + I hated her outfit.

  15. #240
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    so much for not criticizing Hicman x-men?

    without the high concepts hickman fall flat, while Red is really good with characters and was ahead of cambridge analitica scandal



    Colossus was ok on extraordinary x-men, the problem was having go back to Kitty and being written by Guggemheim.

    He needs a new fresh direction
    Colossus was a Horseman for half of EXM lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    And inuniverse Jean calling out to the Avengers for support left a bad taste in my moith. + I hated her outfit.
    I liked that it basically confirmed what we all secretely knew: if Jean was alive during AvX, she'd Benedict Arnold it up with Logan and Beast.
    Last edited by Maestroneto; 10-23-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •