Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    There is something I don't understand, maybe I didn't pay attention
    Xavier is dead but what is preventing other telepath to resurrect him? Someone as important as him should already have a plan in case this happened.
    My guess is that Xavier hasn't trained another telepath to use the new cerebro, and that Jean will have to step up and resurrect him. In one of the data pages in HOX/POX, we can infer that Xavier hasn't trained another telepath to do it because it says eventually a highly skilled team of telepaths would need to be trained to assist Xavier in all of the resurrections (it was stated there were too many that needed to be brought back for Xavier to do by himself).

There is something I don't understand, maybe I didn't pay attention
    Xavier is dead but what is preventing other telepath to resurrect him? Someone as important as him should already have a plan in case this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    My guess is that Xavier hasn't trained another telepath to use the new cerebro, and that Jean will have to step up and resurrect him. In one of the data pages in HOX/POX, we can infer that Xavier hasn't trained another telepath to do it because it says eventually a highly skilled team of telepaths would need to be trained to assist Xavier in all of the resurrections (it was stated there were too many that needed to be brought back for Xavier to do by himself).
    Which is BS bc Jean used her TP to contain Xavier's mind all on her own and then used Cerebra to split it off into every living being on the planet and then reassembled it in New X-men. I cant see how downloading a copy of Xavier's mind into a husk would be a challenge for her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Which is BS bc Jean used her TP to contain Xavier's mind all on her own and then used Cerebra to split it off into every living being on the planet and then reassembled it in New X-men. I cant see how downloading a copy of Xavier's mind into a husk would be a challenge for her
    I Agree that she did all what you said, in New X-Men. I loved that by the way. But some fans may think/say that she could because she was Phoenix at the time. Anyway, that she's might be the one resurrecting Xavier is cool imo.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Well I forget solicitations fast but Xavier is in one of the covers of X-men so he will return fast, there is one cover with Jean using cerebro. Which issue comes first?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I Agree that she did all what you said, in New X-Men. I loved that by the way. But some fans may think/say that she could because she was Phoenix at the time.
    And they would be right. Jean under Morrisson created a spaceship that could travel at light speed and survived crashing into the sun. If Jean was anywhere near that level of power currently she would have shown it during the Orchis assault. Theres no reason to believe she could reproduce the feat of uploading and safeguarding Xavier's brain rn.

Well I forget solicitations fast but Xavier is in one of the covers of X-men so he will return fast, there is one cover with Jean using cerebro. Which issue comes first?
    Jean using cerebro, But covers aren't relaible. Xavier may be or not on it

I Agree that she did all what you said, in New X-Men. I loved that by the way. But some fans may think/say that she could because she was Phoenix at the time. Anyway, that she's might be the one resurrecting Xavier is cool imo.
    I’d dispute that bc she wasn’t tapped into the PF when she did it. The only reason she used Cerebra was bc holding Charles’ mind with hers was causing too much of a strain, something that wouldn’t be the case for Phoenix. Cerebra also only amplifies reach and powers but it doesn’t give someone skills. Jean was skillful enough to do what she did and she should be able to do a less complex task with Cerebra

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    And they would be right. Jean under Morrisson created a spaceship that could travel at light speed and survived crashing into the sun. If Jean was anywhere near that level of power currently she would have shown it during the Orchis assault. Theres no reason to believe she could reproduce the feat of uploading and safeguarding Xavier's brain rn.
    Of course. She would not be able to create a spaceship now, to die in the sun and come back would be way impossible.

But Hickman's Jean was able to maintain a TP connection with earth from space. Is splitting Charles mind, storing it in mutants, then restoring it back, a feature that an Omega telepath Mutant can't achieve with cerebro?

BANNED

I’d dispute that bc she wasn’t tapped into the PF when she did it. The only reason she used Cerebra was bc holding Charles’ mind with hers was causing too much of a strain, something that wouldn’t be the case for Phoenix. Cerebra also only amplifies reach and powers but it doesn’t give someone skills. Jean was skillful enough to do what she did and she should be able to do a less complex task with Cerebra
    She'd been tapping into the PF since Revolution.

Of course. She would not be able to create a spaceship now, to die in the sun and come back would be way impossible.

But Hickman's Jean was able to maintain a TP connection with earth from space. Is splitting Charles mind, storing it in mutants, then restoring it back, a feature that an Omega telepath Mutant can't achieve with cerebro?
    We have no frame of reference to know that for now. She had feats in New X-Men that are basically unconceivable for her now. Storing an entire sentient being's mind may not seem that impressive but Xavier was impressed that she managed to do it at the time.

We have no frame of reference to know that for now. She had feats in New X-Men that are basically unconceivable for her now. Storing an entire sentient being's mind may not seem that impressive but Xavier was impressed that she managed to do it at the time.
    No she hadn’t. The PF wasn’t with her again till Morrison

I think the close up of Xavier drinking that glass in that foreign country is super important to the narrative and the final scene.

BANNED

No she hadn’t. The PF wasn’t with her again till Morrison

This is a bit different. Jean caught his mind as he died, but in this case the mind has already died and she has to retrieve it from where the back up is being stored. Just my take, I could miss the mark. But I agree it is something Jean should be able to do.

Jean saved Xavier before, and now she has to do it again. Unless we get fooled and Quire does it.

Jean is wearing the cerebro helmet on cover to x-force 3.

At the time that was physical manifestation of her telepathy , but who knows what editorial considers it now.

She absolutely did not. I clearly remember that during a Q&A with editor of the time, Mark Powers, that he confirmed to fans that no Force was involved. Phoenix powers were all Jean's and she had no TK at the time.