Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Generation X and parts of Blue are arguable. Christina Weir was doing great work, especially.
    Art sucked as did the cast. I felt it was overrated. I like Blue but looking a the 2 books as a whole, it had several bumps which put it below Red. Inconsistent art and some uninteresting arcs (Maddie, Jimmy material)

Generation X and parts of Blue are arguable. Christina Weir was doing great work, especially.
    Christina Strain. Christina Weir was part of the writing team on New Mutants/Academy X.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Christina Strain. Christina Weir was part of the writing team on New Mutants/Academy X.
    Yes! Strain. Thank you! I got the feeling something was wrong with that post.

Characterization, for one.

I'm excited to see what the other writers do with the individual casts and I like the setup that House of X has given us, but the character voices so far are pretty terrible. Besides Magneto.
    Charactreization was much better

dialog much better

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, interesting to know about Jean/Hank conflict. We already know there's gonna be Hank vs Logan, I imagined it was gonna be more of an intel vs field thing, but seems like there's in-division conflict too, juicy lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    So not even Jean can get along with the current Beast

Beast fights with Wolverine, Beast fights with Jean. I hope this doesn't make even more people hate him.
    Let him be right at least for once.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Beast fights with Wolverine, Beast fights with Jean. I hope this doesn't make even more people hate him.
    Let him be right at least for once.
    hopefully Beast and Wolverine/Jean will find some common ground sooner than later and all of these conflicts will resolved more decently. And it’d be better if there are team members on Beast side.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Dauterman always delivers. A shame Domino and Colossus didn't make the cover though!
    it is A shame!!!!
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-19-2019 at 01:18 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Nrama: And so Ben, you're doing X-Force the same time you're doing Wolverine. Those two seem on the surface to be the most brutal books of "Dawn of X." Was that the intent or is that just a happy accident to have some synergy there?

Percy: You know, my heart is a twisting ball of centipedes and worms. So I’m just the guy to take on this poisonous job. And these are dirty, gritty, noir-soaked books and you see that reflected in the art of Joshua Cassara, who is really bringing a rough line and a shadow-soaked atmosphere to the page. I'm really excited to share his work with the world.

Nrama: You had mentioned about the kind of dichotomy between the head and the fist of X-Force. Can you talk a little bit more about that?

Percy:So here you have an intelligence unit. Here you have a field unit, a wetwork unit. With the paradigm shift that's occurred with mutant sovereignty declaring X-Force is no longer a black ops team, X-Force is a branch of government. X-Force is the mutant CIA. And in the last page of X-Force #1, there is something monumental that happens.
    Something that will ripple across the whole line, something that will make it very clear why X-Force is necessary.

The mutants are now the 1%. And though there are all of these seeming allies, these treaty nations who have jumped on board with them, not everyone behind the scenes is happy about what's happening. And it's a time for deniable operations.

Nrama: So is X-Force going to be operating a lot more in the public eye? Are they still going to be operating as black ops?
    Percy: This is a black ops, this is a deniable operation. They're going to be working behind the scenes. And Xavier will know about what they're doing, but he'll sort of turn his back on it because there are some morally compromising decisions that are made.

Nrama: Does the rest of the Quiet Council know about them?

Percy: Yes. Just think about banana republic stuff that might happen. You think about blackmail, you think about manipulation, assassination. There's a lot of trouble ahead but, and the only thing you can really expect from X-Force is the unexpected. You have this big team roster, right? And some of these issues are going to hone in on one character. Some will be about the whole cabal. Some people are going to be allied, some people are going to be rubbing up against each other. Some people might walk away because they're so upset at what's happening.

But the ultimate thing that they need to consider, and Beast is sometimes the person making these decisions, is the greatest good for the greatest number of mutants.

So, the team will do some shady stuff after all.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    So, the team will do some shady stuff after all.
    Domino and Wolverine are there, so that's to be expected.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I'm wondering if Jean will come to the belief that genocidal human bigots are the biggest threat to Xavier's old dream but rather than abandoning the dream entirely she just decides to go after the bigots directly but secretly in hopes of making it viable again. Maybe that's why Jean would want to be in X-Force.

BANNED

Fingers crossed Colossus is the first one to quit. Or get captured and tortured or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I'm wondering if Jean will come to the belief that genocidal human bigots are the biggest threat to Xavier's old dream but rather than abandoning the dream entirely she just decides to go after the bigots directly but secretly in hopes of making it viable again. Maybe that's why Jean would want to be in X-Force.
    I'm wondering how Jean will act here, she is good and rational but she also has a temper. She can keep everybody in check but if she is there for that that would be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Domino and Wolverine are there, so that's to be expected.
    They have killed but they are still on the "good" side of people who kills.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Fingers crossed Colossus is the first one to quit. Or get captured and tortured or something.
    Poor Colossus. He gets so much hate and he is such a good boy.

On a side note I'm almost sure someone probably someone of the good guys is going to betray krakoa

BANNED

Someone post the scan of Xavier acknowledging making Colossus an XMan was a mistake and hes a failure from UXM #279. Its only been downhill from there

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Someone post the scan of Xavier acknowledging making Colossus an XMan was a mistake and hes a failure from UXM #279. Its only been downhill from there
    Difficult as I don't think that exists.