Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Rachel was largely ignored but they referenced Jean all throughout that plot and the lie that Wolverine told about Jean was the basis for the Avengers going to war with the X-men. I really dont see how th same plot could be told while ignoring Jean if she were alive. It would have to be different

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What makes you think they don't? Jean has been synonymous with the Phoenix for over 30 years. Just because she isn't always the central star of a story doesn't change that.
    It was taken from her for a reason, powerpax.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel was largely ignored but they referenced Jean all throughout that plot and the lie that Wolverine told about Jean was the basis for the Avengers going to war with the X-men. I really dont see how th same plot could be told while ignoring Jean if she were alive. It would have to be different
    It's easy. There are no rules. Just because she could vibe with the Phoenix before doesn't mean she would when they necessarily don't want her to. She would have been ignored just like Rachel. They could have just had Jean say something dumb instead of Wolverine. Continuity does not get in the way of a "good" story lmao

AvX actually couldn't happen if they had respected Jean's status with the Phoenix: continuity before the Hope thing was that Jean and the Phoenix had fully merged and left to gather the rest of her "pieces".
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-23-2019 at 07:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It was taken from her for a reason, powerpax.
    When she died 30 years ago? Uh, yeah, it's because no character sustains the Phoenix long term. The connection remains.

BANNED

We should be getting a preview of this book tomorrow. Can't hardly wait.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    When she died 30 years ago? Uh, yeah, it's because no character sustains the Phoenix long term. The connection remains.
    No, when she returned like 2 years ago. And the connection explicitly doesn't remain.

I don't care about pacing or establishment. If Dracula doesn't get enough play in #1, I'm quitting Marvel.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I wonder if the big reveal that will have a ripple effect throughout the books be that Jean and Logan are in a relationship?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think it is that (lthought they do seem to be on one). I think it is something different, something dark.

Extraordinary Member

No, when she returned like 2 years ago. And the connection explicitly doesn't remain.
    Jean is the Phoenix. The Phoenix is Jean.

No change in her power level will ever trump that canon.

BANNED

We should be getting a preview of this book tomorrow. Can't hardly wait.

The connection remains, though, on a meta sense and has no reason not to be there when the time comes. Just because Rosenberg thinks the relationship is abusive and Taylor wanted Jean to be Goku ("The cosmic entity was holding me back"), doesn't mean the connection won't ever be acknowledged and be used in future stories. Unless you want to keep pushing the "poor Jean is a victim of the X-Office" narrative that you're so fond of.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I wonder if the big reveal that will have a ripple effect throughout the books be that Jean and Logan are in a relationship?
    IDK to me that doesn’t sound big enough esp since we already seen the rooms connected. Though I do feel it will be Wolverine related.
    First X-Lady

It will be something about an X-Force/mutants antagonist that will "leave them in pain"

BANNED

Do people genuinely believe Jean's connection to the Phoenix has been permanently severed? Lmao.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I was wondering if Moira might reveal herself to Logan.

Astonishing Member

Logan isn really Logan he's a de aged old man Logan the the old man who died was Logan who was aged up or a Male clone of laura

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Jean is the Phoenix. The Phoenix is Jean.

No change in her power level will ever trump that canon.
    Agreed, but that's just our headcanon.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The connection remains, though, on a meta sense and has no reason not to be there when the time comes. Just because Rosenberg thinks the relationship is abusive and Taylor wanted Jean to be Goku ("The cosmic entity was holding me back"), doesn't mean the connection won't ever be acknowledged and be used in future stories. Unless you want to keep pushing the "poor Jean is a victim of the X-Office" narrative that you're so fond of.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Do people genuinely believe Jean's connection to the Phoenix has been permanently severed? Lmao.
    It's severed until it's not.