Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

That is good, so Logan can show up less on x-force
    I hope that is not the case. I want him, Jean Grey, Quire, Beast, and Colossus to appear often. Wolverine especially is the one we need to count on to be the money-maker.

Logan is definetely gonna appear a lot, since he's the head of the field team. I do hope though he's not like, the protagonist of the whole book.

Percy seems to not be holding much for a regular cast. It sucks because Jean can easily go a month without showing up in any book

BANNED

The protagonists are more or less confirmed to be him. I just hope my other personal faves get some luv'n too. We can expect that Wolverine and MCcoy will get the lion's share.

Percy seems to not be holding much for a regular cast. It sucks because Jean can easily go a month without showing up in any book
    I think for the foreseeable future it will be important to remember "at least she has been unfridged". Even if she doesn't appear much, you at least know there is no longer a rule saying she can't be used. When a writer takes interest, they will get their shot.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-05-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

That is good, so Logan can show up less on x-force
    They need Wolverine to sell. Wolverine being on a book is good even if some believe it doesn't. It helps the book exist and last.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    They need Wolverine to sell. Wolverine being on a book is good even if some believe it doesn't. It helps the book exist and last.
    X-force is a known brand, it shouldn't need Wolverine that much. I guess the two biggest sellers on this book are Wolverine and then Jean
    He already have a solo, so that take from the write the obligation of Showing too much Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think for the foreseeable future it will be important to remember "at least she has been unfridged". Even if she doesn't appear much, you at least know there is no longer a rule saying she can't be used. When a writer takes interest, they will get their shot.
    That is my thought "At least Jean isn't dead"
    Not sure if other writer will take interest, she is already taken and would need Hickman to approve any take. So that is unlikely. Wait some more time
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-05-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Honestly I hate when fans say stuff like this let's have the most popular character with brand recognition and proven track to sell show up less in a book, The book has freaking Black Tom and Quentin Quire and couple of characters who are kind bland I am not saying any names. I would prefer those show up less and Wolverine shows up as much as he needs to in the book. If you are talking about "character balance" why not have worse characters show up less so good characters get more time. Black Tom is not going to sell books, I love Quire and Sage but they aren't going to sell books. Why in the world would you have less Wolverine instead of less Black Tom.

The biggest myth is among X-men fans is that less Wolverine is better thing less of the worst person on the roster. As if putting Wolverine for 2 pages and on the cover isn't going to be better net result than Pyro(marauders) ,Bling (fallen Angels) Mondo(New Mutants) Apocalypse (Excalibur),Black Tom(X-force) in the same position. Then when their favorite book has low numbers they complain "It was such a great book,It is shame more fans don't read it or haven't given it chance". Hmm if only there was popular character whose very existence brings a group fanbase capable of keep a book afloat if they are happy with the product.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Honestly I hate when fans say stuff like this let's have the most popular character with brand recognition and proven track to sell show up less in a book, The book has freaking Black Tom and Quentin Quire and couple of characters who are kind bland I am not saying any names. I would prefer those show up less and Wolverine shows up as much as he needs to in the book. If you are talking about "character balance" why not have worse characters show up less so good characters get more time. Black Tom is not going to sell books, I love Quire and Sage but they aren't going to sell books. Why in the world would you have less Wolverine instead of less Black Tom.

The biggest myth is among X-men fans is that less Wolverine is better thing less of the worst person on the roster. As if putting Wolverine for 2 pages and on the cover isn't going to be better net result than Pyro(marauders) ,Bling (fallen Angels) Mondo(New Mutants) Apocalypse (Excalibur),Black Tom(X-force) in the same position. Then when their favorite book has low numbers they complain "It was such a great book,It is shame more fans don't read it or haven't given it chance". Hmm if only there was popular character whose very existence brings a group fanbase capable of keep a book afloat if they are happy with the product.
    Honestly I'm just tired of Wolverine. When he's written well he's written well but the overload that we got from his characters in the comics as well as the movies was just too much. I get you're argument and agree with it to an extent it's just that Wolverine's character has a tendency to be pushed to the forefront at the detriment to other character's and some fans don't want a repeat of that.

BANNED

Where does the too much Wolverine malarkey actually come from anway? The comics don't focus on him despite most people who buy X-Men comics liking him. Editors don't go out of the way to make him the "Super-Mayor in Times of War" or kill off main universe X-Men to emphasize his importance. He is usually delightfully peripheral. Can't think of any X-Men that were shelved or degraded because his narrative demanded it.

Wolverine is chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Very homoerotic if I say so myself...

Damn the art is amazing. Is Krakoa getting more violent in these pages? Looks like it. The fauna and the flora are all connected, right? They might be dealing with an infection or pollution of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Honestly I'm just tired of Wolverine. When he's written well he's written well but the overload that we got from his characters in the comics as well as the movies was just too much. I get you're argument and agree with it to an extent it's just that Wolverine's character has a tendency to be pushed to the forefront at the detriment to other character's and some fans don't want a repeat of that.
    I have to disagree. Wolverine hasn't been at the forefront in a main book since Wolverine and the X-Men. When he's in a team book he's usually just another character. The narrative doesn't become about him being the only one capable of saving all the mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Where does the too much Wolverine malarkey actually come from anway? The comics don't focus on him despite most people who buy X-Men comics liking him. Editors don't go out of the way to make him the "Super-Mayor in Times of War" or kill off main universe X-Men to emphasize his importance. He is usually delightfully peripheral. Can't think of any X-Men that were shelved or degraded because his narrative demanded it.

Wolverine is chill.
    Is mostly for the movies and the last cartoon, people are still feeling the after effects of that. Comic book wise, the only time that Logan has been the "protagonist" was between Schism and his death (so 4 years of like 30 of existence), most of the time he is a more of an important supporting characther than a lead in the X-Books.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is the book with the best art of Dawn of X in my opinion.
    Agreed. It has a very Jerome Opena vibe to it IMO.

BANNED

The book looks amazing and I'm considerably more excited than I was.

I see no evidence Jean is a 'minor' character in this book. 'Not leading the team/not the center of everything like 1993' =/= 'minor'. It is a team ensemble.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The book looks amazing and I'm considerably more excited than I was.

I see no evidence Jean is a 'minor' character in this book. 'Not leading the team/not the center of everything like 1993' =/= 'minor'. It is a team ensemble.
    That's true, i think that is fair assumption to make than Wolverine and Beast might recieve a bit more focus than the others being the face of both parts of the team, but that doesn't necesarily mean than the rest would be just minor players. For another side though, Beast and Wolverine aren't very loved in this forums (especially Beast), so people are probably going to come in with a fair if negative expectations.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona