Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Very pumped for Forge showing up too. I’ve always liked he and Logan’s interactions ever since Wolverine #50.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Honestly I hate when fans say stuff like this let's have the most popular character with brand recognition and proven track to sell show up less in a book, The book has freaking Black Tom and Quentin Quire and couple of characters who are kind bland I am not saying any names. I would prefer those show up less and Wolverine shows up as much as he needs to in the book. If you are talking about "character balance" why not have worse characters show up less so good characters get more time. Black Tom is not going to sell books, I love Quire and Sage but they aren't going to sell books. Why in the world would you have less Wolverine instead of less Black Tom.

The biggest myth is among X-men fans is that less Wolverine is better thing less of the worst person on the roster. As if putting Wolverine for 2 pages and on the cover isn't going to be better net result than Pyro(marauders) ,Bling (fallen Angels) Mondo(New Mutants) Apocalypse (Excalibur),Black Tom(X-force) in the same position. Then when their favorite book has low numbers they complain "It was such a great book,It is shame more fans don't read it or haven't given it chance". Hmm if only there was popular character whose very existence brings a group fanbase capable of keep a book afloat if they are happy with the product.
    Wolverine is the biggest seller on the team, followed by Jean.

By the time he died, he wasn't selling so hot. So I hope Marvel won't overdo it again.
    X-force seems very free with the cast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Very pumped for Forge showing up too. I’ve always liked he and Logan’s interactions ever since Wolverine #50.
    Both have the same taste for women

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That's true, i think that is fair assumption to make than Wolverine and Beast might recieve a bit more focus than the others being the face of both parts of the team, but that doesn't necesarily mean than the rest would be just minor players. For another side though, Beast and Wolverine aren't very loved in this forums (especially Beast), so people are probably going to come in with a fair if negative expectations.
    Clearly there will be issues that follow X characters. Like there is a entire issue following Domino.

I don't think Jean will be big on this book
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-06-2019 at 08:37 AM.

I noticed, and correct me if I'm wrong but the cbr re-cap was the only re-cap to mention that Percy made reference to Jean putting on the cerebro helmet at the end of X-force #1. It makes me wonder if this was true or if someone misunderstdood. Did he actually state this or did they just show the cover for X-force #3 where she is wearing the helmet?

I tried to find the full video of the Dawn of X panel and did not find it.

I am excited for this series. I notice they do not promote it as much as the Gerry's book but they really don't have to since this book will feature Wolverine.

I'm most excited for Beast, Jean, and Sage. I also find Percy's interviews to be really interesting so am I am very hopeful. I've only heard good things about him.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think Jean will be big on this book
    I think she will have a lot to do, Beast too.

Anyone ask if the team will get new looks? Seems all the other books are hitting the ground running and X-Force is just in the early stages of forming after HOX.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I noticed, and correct me if I'm wrong but the cbr re-cap was the only re-cap to mention that Percy made reference to Jean putting on the cerebro helmet at the end of X-force #1. It makes me wonder if this was true or if someone misunderstdood. Did he actually state this or did they just show the cover for X-force #3 where she is wearing the helmet?

I tried to find the full video of the Dawn of X panel and did not find it.

I am excited for this series. I notice they do not promote it as much as the Gerry's book but they really don't have to since this book will feature Wolverine.

I'm most excited for Beast, Jean, and Sage. I also find Percy's interviews to be really interesting so am I am very hopeful. I've only heard good things about him.
    Wolverine isn't the juggernaut on sales he was one day, the return of wolverine mini sales wasn't so good.
    The reason Marauders is receiving more promotion is because it has Hickman favorite, simply like that.
    Marvel should remmeber that they have other books and characters to promote

he had other interview on video with Penagos, but I don't remember he mentioning the helmet. Jean probably gonna need it for the mission of rescue and ressurrect mutants

Wolverine is still leagues above any other X-men sales wise by far. He also suffered by the same sabotage the entire x-line suffered for years (supposedly for the movie rights, not sure if that is the true reason but the x-men were sabotaged for a while).

The return of Wolverine minis didn't even have wolverine for the most part and they still sold (not spectaculary but sold) i can't imagine any other x-men and very few marvel characters (maybe only spidey could) carrying so many minis.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wolverine is still leagues above any other X-men sales wise by far. He also suffered by the same sabotage the entire x-line suffered for years (supposedly for the movie rights, not sure if that is the true reason but the x-men were sabotaged for a while).

The return of Wolverine minis didn't even have wolverine for the most part and they still sold (not spectaculary but sold) i can't imagine any other x-men and very few marvel characters (maybe only spidey could) carrying so many minis.
    Agreed, with Wolverine and the X-Force brand it doesn't need much promotion. Even though I'm more excited for Marauders I guarantee X-Force is gonna kill Marauders in sales.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

he didn't suffered any sabotage, the character just had a huge burnout and I think readers siding with Scott on Schism didn't helped. So Marvel put him some time off

I wouldn't put all my eggs on a basket, specially rely on a not so certain sales power.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Wolverine isn't the juggernaut on sales he was one day, the return of wolverine mini sales wasn't so good.
    I am not going to talk feelings. I am going to put the only numbers we get access to

Return of Wolverine 1 $4.99 09/19/18 Marvel 260,410
    Return of Wolverine 2 $3.99 10/24/18 Marvel 80,211
    Return of Wolverine 3 $3.99 11/28/18 Marvel 61,312
    Return of Wolverine 4 $3.99 01/16/19 Marvel 58,560

If by not good you mean , A top 20 comic in sales and 1 issue was the best selling book when return then yeah the sales weren't good.

PS- Wolverine is used as much before and here is the thing. It isn't clicking with that complainers because THEY DON'T HAVE PICK UP HIS BOOKS so they aren't "burnt out" and the thing is they never had to pick up all of his books.The people complaining are just aware Wolverine is in alot of place but not actually reading the books. All of the X-line is canceled "Wolverine" is still in Marvel Comic Presents, Dead Man Logan and Wolverine the long night not to mention Savage Avengers and HoX/PoX. The people who are "burnt out" or "tired" of Wolverine are subset of X-man fans who blame him for their character not showing up in books. Wolverine is in 5 books why aren't they tired of Wolverine right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Very homoerotic if I say so myself...

Dat art is pretty amazing. Probably my favourite of all the books. Hope the writing is up to par too.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am not going to talk feelings. I am going to put the only numbers we get access to

Return of Wolverine 1 $4.99 09/19/18 Marvel 260,410
    Return of Wolverine 2 $3.99 10/24/18 Marvel 80,211
    Return of Wolverine 3 $3.99 11/28/18 Marvel 61,312
    Return of Wolverine 4 $3.99 01/16/19 Marvel 58,560

If by not good you mean , A top 20 comic in sales and 1 issue was the best selling book when return then yeah the sales weren't good.

PS- Wolverine is used as much before and here is the thing. It isn't clicking with that complainers because THEY DON'T HAVE PICK UP HIS BOOKS so they aren't "burnt out" and the thing is they never had to pick up all of his books.The people complaining are just aware Wolverine is in alot of place but not actually reading the books. All of the X-line is canceled "Wolverine" is still in Marvel Comic Presents, Dead Man Logan and Wolverine the long night not to mention Savage Avengers and HoX/PoX. The people who are "burnt out" or "tired" of Wolverine are subset of X-man fans who blame him for their character not showing up in books. Wolverine is in 5 books why aren't they tired of Wolverine right now?
    It can look better than many others comics, but doesn't look so good on a very limited return of a fan favorite character.

Say that a team doesn't need promo because of Wolverine, is asking the booking to underperform.
    Marvel presents wolverine is selling like 15k every month, dead man logan is on the 20k range.

Of course the book needs promo, Wolverine being there just helps, it's what i think.
    that he is a great plus not a liability or a problem

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The book looks amazing and I'm considerably more excited than I was.

I see no evidence Jean is a 'minor' character in this book. 'Not leading the team/not the center of everything like 1993' =/= 'minor'. It is a team ensemble.
    I'm definitely more excited now. I didn't like the roster at first, but I've opened up a lot more to it.

Now I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I'm definitely more excited now. I didn't like the roster at first, but I've opened up a lot more to it.

Now I can't wait.
    Same here, Initially this series was at the bottom of the pack for me, but between the concept and that GORGEOUS art it has moved near the top for me.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel