Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Babs has been displaced?
    This is hilariously depressing, I do wonder how far they're going to take this and if it'll turn out to be any good.
    Reading list: Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Ironheart (Marvel), Champions (Marvel), Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter (Marvel), Runaways (Marvel), Young Justice (DC), Naomi (DC), Justice League Odyssey (DC), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Bitter Root (Image), Quincredible (Lionforge), Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot (BOOM!)

  2. #17
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Helena is white now because of the movie, but Dinah is not biracial? How is this logical in anyway? Another Harley cash grab that will be mediocre and forgettable.
    I would assume it's a coloring mistake given that this colorist has a history miscoloring characters of darker complexion.

  3. #18
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    I would assume it's a coloring mistake given that this colorist has a history miscoloring characters of darker complexion.
    More than likely that's all it is. Let's please not advocate that they change comics based on the movies, even if it looks like they did with this mistake.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  4. #19
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Helena is white now because of the movie, but Dinah is not biracial? How is this logical in anyway? Another Harley cash grab that will be mediocre and forgettable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    I would assume it's a coloring mistake given that this colorist has a history miscoloring characters of darker complexion.
    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    More than likely that's all it is. Let's please not advocate that they change comics based on the movies, even if it looks like they did with this mistake.
    They aren't making Helena white to sync with the movie (is that actress even white?). Not even DC is stupid enough to do such a thing, given their proclivity for bad PR. This is the same Helena we've had in the comics since Rebirth began.

    Anyway, the BoP concept has been dragged through the mud for so long now, I don't see how they can return it to it's former glory short of abandoning it for a good 3-5 yrs and coming back once the stench has cleared. IMHO, of course.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  5. #20
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    They aren't making Helena white to sync with the movie (is that actress even white?). Not even DC is stupid enough to do such a thing, given their proclivity for bad PR. This is the same Helena we've had in the comics since Rebirth began.

    Anyway, the BoP concept has been dragged through the mud for so long now, I don't see how they can return it to it's former glory short of abandoning it for a good 3-5 yrs and coming back once the stench has cleared. IMHO, of course.
    You're more than likely right, but didn't they actually change one member of the Legion of Superheroes from a POC to white to balance out turning the Lightning Twins black?
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  6. #21
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Babs has been displaced?
    Considering the last time Azzarello wrote Barbara, it's probably for the best she's not in this.

  7. #22
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering the last time Azzarello wrote Barbara, it's probably for the best she's not in this.
    So very true.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  8. #23
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering the last time Azzarello wrote Barbara, it's probably for the best she's not in this.
    ....he didn't do Killing Joke.....what'd he write?

    I'm sure Im just forgetting......
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  9. #24
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ....he didn't do Killing Joke.....what'd he write?

    I'm sure Im just forgetting......
    He was a writer on the animated film of The Killing Joke.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  10. #25
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    He was a writer on the animated film of The Killing Joke.
    Which treated Babs arguably worse then the comic did.

  11. #26
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,252

    Default

    I love Black Canary and the Spyral Helena, but I hate Harley Quinn so this has got to be a pass.

    I'm glad Babs isn't in this, Castelucci is writing BATGIRL and it's already dope as hell.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-19-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  12. #27
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,862

    Default

    Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, and Paul Mounts are apparently doing their own Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey Black Label book (although it's only 4 issues).



    "With Harley finally done with The Joker, she’s moving forward with her life (as only she can) until she’s beset by a rogue’s gallery of Gotham City’s worst villains, the target of a $10,000,000 bounty placed on her head by the Clown Prince of Crime," reads DC's description of the book. "It will take the help of Black Canary, Cassandra Cain (a.k.a. Batgirl), Renee Montoya, and the Huntress to help Harley and get to the bottom of why The Joker has turned Gotham’s worst loose on her."

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is hilariously depressing, I do wonder how far they're going to take this and if it'll turn out to be any good.

  14. #29

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wait, Helena's black after all?
    No, DC decided that their evergreen creator line needed not one, but TWO different movie synergy Harley and the Birds of Prey titles
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •