Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Babs has been displaced?
    This is hilariously depressing, I do wonder how far they're going to take this and if it'll turn out to be any good.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Helena is white now because of the movie, but Dinah is not biracial? How is this logical in anyway? Another Harley cash grab that will be mediocre and forgettable.
    I would assume it's a coloring mistake given that this colorist has a history miscoloring characters of darker complexion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    I would assume it's a coloring mistake given that this colorist has a history miscoloring characters of darker complexion.
    More than likely that's all it is. Let's please not advocate that they change comics based on the movies, even if it looks like they did with this mistake.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Helena is white now because of the movie, but Dinah is not biracial? How is this logical in anyway? Another Harley cash grab that will be mediocre and forgettable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    More than likely that's all it is. Let's please not advocate that they change comics based on the movies, even if it looks like they did with this mistake.
    They aren't making Helena white to sync with the movie (is that actress even white?). Not even DC is stupid enough to do such a thing, given their proclivity for bad PR. This is the same Helena we've had in the comics since Rebirth began.

Anyway, the BoP concept has been dragged through the mud for so long now, I don't see how they can return it to it's former glory short of abandoning it for a good 3-5 yrs and coming back once the stench has cleared. IMHO, of course.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    They aren't making Helena white to sync with the movie (is that actress even white?). Not even DC is stupid enough to do such a thing, given their proclivity for bad PR. This is the same Helena we've had in the comics since Rebirth began.

Anyway, the BoP concept has been dragged through the mud for so long now, I don't see how they can return it to it's former glory short of abandoning it for a good 3-5 yrs and coming back once the stench has cleared. IMHO, of course.
    You're more than likely right, but didn't they actually change one member of the Legion of Superheroes from a POC to white to balance out turning the Lightning Twins black?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Babs has been displaced?
    Considering the last time Azzarello wrote Barbara, it's probably for the best she's not in this.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering the last time Azzarello wrote Barbara, it's probably for the best she's not in this.
    So very true.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ....he didn't do Killing Joke.....what'd he write?

I'm sure Im just forgetting......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ....he didn't do Killing Joke.....what'd he write?

I'm sure Im just forgetting......
    He was a writer on the animated film of The Killing Joke.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    He was a writer on the animated film of The Killing Joke.
    Which treated Babs arguably worse then the comic did.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love Black Canary and the Spyral Helena, but I hate Harley Quinn so this has got to be a pass.

I'm glad Babs isn't in this, Castelucci is writing BATGIRL and it's already dope as hell.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-19-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, and Paul Mounts are apparently doing their own Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey Black Label book (although it's only 4 issues).

"With Harley finally done with The Joker, she’s moving forward with her life (as only she can) until she’s beset by a rogue’s gallery of Gotham City’s worst villains, the target of a $10,000,000 bounty placed on her head by the Clown Prince of Crime," reads DC's description of the book. "It will take the help of Black Canary, Cassandra Cain (a.k.a. Batgirl), Renee Montoya, and the Huntress to help Harley and get to the bottom of why The Joker has turned Gotham’s worst loose on her."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is hilariously depressing, I do wonder how far they're going to take this and if it'll turn out to be any good.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wait, Helena's black after all?
    No, DC decided that their evergreen creator line needed not one, but TWO different movie synergy Harley and the Birds of Prey titles
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)