Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    No, DC decided that their evergreen creator line needed not one, but TWO different movie synergy Harley and the Birds of Prey titles
    Because one Harley team book is not enough, apparently .

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Helena is white now because of the movie, but Dinah is not biracial? How is this logical in anyway? Another Harley cash grab that will be mediocre and forgettable.
    ^this, movie synergy is the least of my worries, it's significantly more problematic that they're whitewashing Huntress (assuming it's the same Huntress). Also, doesn't Harley have her own team with the Gotham City Sirens? this just doesn't feel like it has any real creative momentum, which means it's liable to indeed end up mediocre and forgettable.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Harley associated with the team is still unappealing, but at least this one is less...color deprived (with Huntress back to being black/tanned/racially ambiguous) and they create a bit of separation between Harley and the Birds.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Harley associated with the team is still unappealing, but at least this one is less...color deprived (with Huntress back to being black/tanned/racially ambiguous) and they create a bit of separation between Harley and the Birds.
    The "separation" is just because they want to differentiate the name and use Harley Quinn to attract readers.

In Rebirth, we have "Batgirl and the Birds of Prey" comic for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ^this, movie synergy is the least of my worries, it's significantly more problematic that they're whitewashing Huntress (assuming it's the same Huntress). Also, doesn't Harley have her own team with the Gotham City Sirens? this just doesn't feel like it has any real creative momentum, which means it's liable to indeed end up mediocre and forgettable.
    I think we have the movie to think for trying to make Harley and the BoP a thing when they're not the group she's associated with in the comics.

Hopefully it doesn't last beyond these two series.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I remember when the "Birds of Prey" moniker was strong enough to stand on its own. DC didn't need Harley - or any other name - stealing the headline; but then they went and trashed their own franchise and here we are...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES