Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Tony Stark was fine and entertaining when he was a boring stuffy businessman and all-purpose lame guy. He was also more likable then. That version of Tony i.e. the Errol Flynn look-alike was JMS' take. And it's also Warren Ellis' in EXTREMIS which is maybe the best Iron Man story.
    He wasn't as much the RDJ pastiche he's written as now but he definitely wasn't a boring stuffy businessman. He had a lot of charm and flair that charmed the ladies and contrasted with Iron Man.

BANNED

Almost any version of Tony was better than man child Peter. No wonder MJ ditched the loser(in that run) to hop onto the iron man wagon. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Alas, Spidey can't get any respect. It's the Parker Luck.

Still, he's always been on good terms with the X-Men, as they've gone on many adventures together and Spidey's been good friends with Wolverine, Beast, Iceman, Firestar, and others I can't recall right now. I remember Nightcrawler gushing about him as Spider-Man was kicking all of their asses in Secret Wars. So I imagine they'll have some level of decency if the mutants rise up and take over the world.
    Nah, that comic just had mean spirited jokes towards Spidey, even Bobby was treating him like a pest, pretty much a pot calling the kettle black situation, not to mention those two are friends too... There was also some joke about how PI was doing better without him around.

Hopefuly if there's some other crossover with Spidey and X-Men, they could have better respect towards him, not saying that everyonse should respect him, as it's completely okay for plenty of characters to not like, or even detest Spidey, just don't make everyone do so or it gets boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Almost any version of Tony was better than man child Peter. No wonder MJ ditched the loser(in that run) to hop onto the iron man wagon. Lol
    Man-child Peter and bitch MJ, Slott make the relationship be mathematicaly perfect to not work, or for you to want to cheer for 'em

I really do wonder what happens in the scenario that the mutants take over, and what will happen to their non-mutant friends close to them and their allies in the greater superhero community. That's where the "you will have a place in our new world" idea comes from. I would think someone who's been a friend to mutants would be more warmly received than someone who hates or is genocidal to them in a world where mutants are now the majority and will rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    At this point, the biggest critical and sales hit for Marvel is Jonathan Hickman's X-Men relaunch.

I'm curious about what you guys think the implications are for Spider-Man, both in terms of what's going on with the Marvel Universe and what this might mean for publishing down the line.

One takeaway is that one of Miles Morales' best friends (Goldballs) has suddenly become very important.
    Not an unreasonable question. The impact of House of X/Powers of X hasn't really spread to the rest of the Marvel universe yet, but some have mentioned, most notably Namor. And since Spider-Man does regularly team up with characters like Wolverine and has worked closely with the X-Men before, this is sure to shake things up a bit. While I don't think he'll be impacted as much as others, like the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, I think he'll feel its effects. At some point, he might need to hide out somewhere to protect himself and his family. Krakoa could be one of those havens, since he has mutant friends who might be willing to vouch for him. I also wonder if he'll have opinions about what Professor Xavier did in House of X #5 in bringing back dead mutants. Peter probably has strong opinions on stuff like that, given his history. And that could make for some interesting conflict.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

WAIT!!!! STOP!!!... wasn't Electro a mutant (not a X-Gene mutant, but a mutant like Franklin Richards)?! Will Max come back?
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 09-19-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Man, I loved the relationship Peter, his family and the X-men had in the Renew your Vows-verse

Watching Peter trusting Annie to them, and them being close friends was something I would like to see in 616 someday !

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Not an unreasonable question. The impact of House of X/Powers of X hasn't really spread to the rest of the Marvel universe yet, but some have mentioned, most notably Namor. And since Spider-Man does regularly team up with characters like Wolverine and has worked closely with the X-Men before, this is sure to shake things up a bit. While I don't think he'll be impacted as much as others, like the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, I think he'll feel its effects. At some point, he might need to hide out somewhere to protect himself and his family. Krakoa could be one of those havens, since he has mutant friends who might be willing to vouch for him. I also wonder if he'll have opinions about what Professor Xavier did in House of X #5 in bringing back dead mutants. Peter probably has strong opinions on stuff like that, given his history. And that could make for some interesting conflict.
    "How is this any different than the Jackal 'reanimating' people?"

"It's different because this is true resurrection, on a higher level of recreation and rebirth than anything your Miles Warren or Ben Reilly were ever able to emulate, Peter Parker."

". . . Right. And I'm going to be the new King of Wakanda."

I could see an exchange like that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Man, I loved the relationship Peter, his family and the X-men had in the Renew your Vows-verse

Watching Peter trusting Annie to them, and them being close friends was something I would like to see in 616 someday !
    Yeah, those were great times.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "How is this any different than the Jackal 'reanimating' people?"

"It's different because this is true resurrection, on a higher level of recreation and rebirth than anything your Miles Warren or Ben Reilly were ever able to emulate, Peter Parker."

". . . Right. And I'm going to be the new King of Wakanda."

I could see an exchange like that happening.
    "Our mad scientist is a camp/goth/glam social darwinist who got auto-locked on Thin White Duke. Your mad scientist is a creepy Humbert Humbert who saw you as a c---blocker."

"I guess your guy is cooler."

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    "Our mad scientist is a camp/goth/glam social darwinist who got auto-locked on Thin White Duke. Your mad scientist is a creepy Humbert Humbert who saw you as a c---blocker."

"I guess your guy is cooler."
    Touche. In fact, Sinister was so cool Jackal went and raided his labs for material to use in his own experiments in Chris Yost's Scarlet Spider/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up comics. And Spider-Man actually fought Sinister a few times outside of that, if I recall.

Astonishing Member

Personally, I don't care at all. Whatever is going to happen with the X-Men at the end of HOX/POX, it will definitely won't last. Xavier has crossed too many lines for what he has done, and the Marvel Universe will make him pay dearly for it.

Besides, it's all the same boring routine. No matter what kind of change you make a character to pass through, eventually, it will return to square one. Something will happen, surely through 2020, that will cause the Mutants to be back to where they always are: Mostly exterminated and relentlessly chased by those who hate them.

December's Solicitations can be already a sign of it, because several young mutants rejected to live in Krakoa. Why?, surely because they know that eventually, the X-Men wil cause another disaster that will cost many mutants their lifes, and they don't want to be any close to them whan that happens.

If I have to guess, I believe Krakoa itself will cause the next mutant's extermination. Why?, because someone/something will cause it to return to its "original roots", and become a monster who feeds on mutants. With all the mutants in the world now close to it, it will be a free buffet for Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Personally, I don't care at all. Whatever is going to happen with the X-Men at the end of HOX/POX, it will definitely won't last. Xavier has crossed too many lines for what he has done, and the Marvel Universe will make him pay dearly for it.

Besides, it's all the same boring routine. No matter what kind of change you make a character to pass through, eventually, it will return to square one. Something will happen, surely through 2020, that will cause the Mutants to be back to where they always are: Mostly exterminated and relentlessly chased by those who hate them.

December's Solicitations can be already a sign of it, because several young mutants rejected to live in Krakoa. Why?, surely because they know that eventually, the X-Men wil cause another disaster that will cost many mutants their lifes, and they don't want to be any close to them whan that happens.

If I have to guess, I believe Krakoa itself will cause the next mutant's extermination. Why?, because someone/something will cause it to return to its "original roots", and become a monster who feeds on mutants. With all the mutants in the world now close to it, it will be a free buffet for Krakoa.
    Krakoa could be it. Either that, or Mister Sinister running his own game that causes things to backfire on everybody and things to get even worse. That aside, I mostly see this as a tragic, but perhaps inevitable consequence of humanity alienating mutants for so long. At some point, the mutants just had to pick up their ball and go home, home being a self-sustaining, self-sufficient society independent of human economic, political, and cultural power structures.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Krakoa could be it. Either that, or Mister Sinister running his own game that causes things to backfire on everybody and things to get even worse. That aside, I mostly see this as a tragic, but perhaps inevitable consequence of humanity alienating mutants for so long. At some point, the mutants just had to pick up their ball and go home, home being a self-sustaining, self-sufficient society independent of human economic, political, and cultural power structures.
    Mutants alienated themselves using humanity's fear as excuse. After so many innocents died at the hands of Magneto, Mystique, Apocalypse and others, the X-Men just welcome them to their ranks as nothing. If they wanted to be accepted by humanity, they should have put an end to them; but instead, they recruited them. That's hipocresy!

house of x is crazy fun honestly i dont see it affecting Spider-man that much at all. to me the x-men feel like a separate entity in the MU so whatever problems they have the other heroes are never involve to deal with it. But when it comes non-mutant heroes they always make the x-men show up and help. So it will be the same ole stuff
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Mutants alienated themselves using humanity's fear as excuse. After so many innocents died at the hands of Magneto, Mystique, Apocalypse and others, the X-Men just welcome them to their ranks as nothing. If they wanted to be accepted by humanity, they should have put an end to them; but instead, they recruited them. That's hipocresy!
    No more than Captain America recruiting Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as his first set of new Avengers when they were only known as members of Magneto's Brotherhood. Or for a more recent example, recruiting Red Hulk as an Avenger after he took part in a coup against the United States of America, which was especially galling because his alter ego was a US general sworn to defend the country at all costs and turned his back on that for power to rival, if not surpass, the Hulk. Or even more recently, Thor being accepted back as an Avenger after he joined HYDRA-Cap of his own will in Secret Empire without being brainwashed, reprogrammed, or possessed like Vision and Scarlet Witch were. Going back a little further, anyone looking at Iron Man as any sort of credible hero after what he pulled throughout the original Civil War, the stain of which was so bad he had to be rebooted with a pre-Extremis backup copy of his brain, and even then, he admitted he would do most of the same things he did with (or despite) the benefit of hindsight. Then, going all the way back to the beginning, the Hulk was a force for destruction who had surely cost a lot of innocent lives himself, to the point that his fellow heroes decided they were better off with him off the planet; depending on how you look at what's going on in Immortal Hulk, he may well be the biggest threat to the world outside the united mutant nation of Krakoa, and he was still accepted as an Avenger at various points in their history.

I could go on, but there are plenty of cases in canon where the Avengers have been wretched hypocrites who abandoned the principles they were supposed to stand by and uphold in the name of whatever they thought was either the greater good or just plain expediency. As for the innocents killed by the various mutant villains that Xavier and the X-Men have accepted into their fold, bear in mind that the X-Men were repeatedly faced with the mass murder of innocent mutants that was in many cases sanctioned or condoned by human authorities, while everyone else, the likes of the Avengers included, turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to genocide being openly espoused, if not actively and publicly carried out, by those same authorities. At least Magneto went on trial for his crimes back in Chris Claremont's X-Men run, which is more than I've ever seen for the likes of William Stryker, Bolivar Trask, and even Scarlet Witch; let's not forget that her actions in House of M led to the deaths of nearly one million mutants, and Trask created the Sentinels in the first place, which were later used for the genocide of Genosha, extinguishing sixteen million mutant lives. None of them ever went on trial or faced lawful punishment for what they did, and Scarlet Witch was even protected by the Avengers and allowed to become one of them again.

That is hypocrisy.