Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    BANNED

I think this article by CBR sort of gives an understanding of how Spider-man would be involved in the whole House of X and Powers of X tale given the usage of Cloning... https://www.cbr.com/x-men-house-of-x...nent-but-real/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I think this article by CBR sort of gives an understanding of how Spider-man would be involved in the whole House of X and Powers of X tale given the usage of Cloning... https://www.cbr.com/x-men-house-of-x...nent-but-real/
    Certainly, the whole Clone stuff will make Spider-Man involve in this, sooner or later. Even more, this way of cheating death is quite similar to the process used by the Inheritors to resurrect continuosly; and then used by Doc Ock as the Superior Spider-Man. If Otto still remains as Superior Spider-Man AFTER what happened in his last issue, I believe he could be the key to balance the situation against mutantkind's way to cheat death. This will certainly end up involving Peter himself, as the whole Clone Conspiracy was one of the biggests hits he ever received.

Anyway, between the Inheritors' tech and the Jackal, I'm pretty sure Spider-Man will get involved in this. And I bet humanity will use it to bring back ALL the Human Haters who can fight against this.

BANNED

On the Doylist leve, is Spencer a fan of Hickman (he seems to be), is Spencer a fan of X-Men (most definitely)...so on that level something of Hickman's run (HiXmen) might seep through.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    What makes guessing this hard is that the X-Men have been out of the spot light for quite a while, really. And yet, it makes sense that the X-Men stuff will start reaching out into the larger MU.

It just feels like there's some X-Men vs Everyone Else event coming up.
    I really hope not, I especially don't want to see Peter fight the X-men because it would sad to see given the times he was there for them or the relationships he formed with them. I mean he mourned Logan's death, Cable said he was the greatest hero to his daughter, he was Hope's mentor and he really reached the Special class when he was teaching at JGSH. I don't know what is going to happen or if Spencer and Hickman have some crossover in play in the future but i don't want them at each others throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Yeah, seems like it. Though with the reverse-racism towards non-mutants (human, mutate or otherwise), I wonder if there will any instances of "positive racism" to their non-mutant friends and allies. As in, a condescending sense of compassion.

Like with Spider-Man, I can see Magneto saying to him "You may not be a true mutant, but you've been a friend to mutant-kind. For that, you will be rewarded by having a new place in our world."

Sounds like an interesting way to go.
    Maybe but we all know he wouldn't take the deal and what is most likely to happen next.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Certainly, the whole Clone stuff will make Spider-Man involve in this, sooner or later. Even more, this way of cheating death is quite similar to the process used by the Inheritors to resurrect continuosly; and then used by Doc Ock as the Superior Spider-Man. If Otto still remains as Superior Spider-Man AFTER what happened in his last issue, I believe he could be the key to balance the situation against mutantkind's way to cheat death. This will certainly end up involving Peter himself, as the whole Clone Conspiracy was one of the biggests hits he ever received.

Anyway, between the Inheritors' tech and the Jackal, I'm pretty sure Spider-Man will get involved in this. And I bet humanity will use it to bring back ALL the Human Haters who can fight against this.
    Yeah, that last bit would definitely be a nightmare scenario for mutantkind, and I could see Ben Reilly getting involved as well, since I doubt the New U/Inheritor tech being used to revive anti-mutant bigots would sit well with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I really hope not, I especially don't want to see Peter fight the X-men because it would sad to see given the times he was there for them or the relationships he formed with them. I mean he mourned Logan's death, Cable said he was the greatest hero to his daughter, he was Hope's mentor and he really reached the Special class when he was teaching at JGSH. I don't know what is going to happen or if Spencer and Hickman have some crossover in play in the future but i don't want them at each others throats.
    Agreed. It would be quite the heartbreaker . . . which is why I think Marvel might go ahead and do it, anyway; they're really big on shock value and damaging, if not outright destroying, relationships for the drama.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that last bit would definitely be a nightmare scenario for mutantkind, and I could see Ben Reilly getting involved as well, since I doubt the New U/Inheritor tech being used to revive anti-mutant bigots would sit well with him.
    Not only that, we still need a Spider-verse story involving the use of this tech to bring back the killed spiders. One of them must be Karn, as the Master Weaver turned out to be an older version of him, but his body was consumed by Spiders-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    At this point, the biggest critical and sales hit for Marvel is Jonathan Hickman's X-Men relaunch.

I'm curious about what you guys think the implications are for Spider-Man, both in terms of what's going on with the Marvel Universe and what this might mean for publishing down the line.

One takeaway is that one of Miles Morales' best friends (Goldballs) has suddenly become very important.
    hopefully Spider-Man (Peter) will get to join an X-Men team. There was an Uncanny Avengers with a 'unity squad', Marvel can publish the same thing again, this time with Spidey as a member of "The Mighty X-Men".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully Spider-Man (Peter) will get to join an X-Men team. There was an Uncanny Avengers with a 'unity squad', Marvel can publish the same thing again, this time with Spidey as a member of "The Mighty X-Men".
    Yeah, it was a shame he didn't stay on Uncanny Avengers by Gerry Duggan past the first issue, largely if not solely because he couldn't stand that Deadpool was also made an Avenger. Then again, that would've put him in the quagmire of choosing between the X-Men and the Avengers, so maybe for the best.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It's honestly funny how thematicaly, Spidey is pretty fitting to be with the X-Men, but he barely has any connection with them outside of Wolverine, and occasionaly Iceman.

BANNED

Not to mention Firestar.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I'm wondering what a volume 2 of this would look like at this point:

There are some structural things that are interesting and can be applied to a Spider-Man revamp.

The two different interconnected mini-series allowed for explorations of different facets of the character's history with House of X covering big moments in the X-Men and Powers of X covering different time periods. There could be a similar approach to Spider-Man, maybe with Amazing Spider-Man covering Peter Parker's adventures and Web of Spider-Man covering the people affected by Spider-Man or something like that.

There was a big reveal about a character who was introduced early on in Claremont's run, and killed off just before Morrison's run. This is a character who has history with the characters, but who also been out of the picture in the current comics era, so she could be involved in planning behind the scenes without contradicting recent continuity too much.

The series touches on the past and future of the X-Men, so there are different eras to cover, untold tales as well as the next generations. Granted, this has been borrowed from Jason Aaron's Thor.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are some structural things that are interesting and can be applied to a Spider-Man revamp.
    It might be worth it to do Parker Industries/Horizon Labs or Peter starting a startup with goals on using his powers responsibly but with the similar reach in scope as HoX/PoX. In Worldwide, Peter was handed Parker Industries and just stumbled around. No sense of taking control you can do here.

The two different interconnected mini-series allowed for explorations of different facets of the character's history with House of X covering big moments in the X-Men and Powers of X covering different time periods. There could be a similar approach to Spider-Man, maybe with Amazing Spider-Man covering Peter Parker's adventures and Web of Spider-Man covering the people affected by Spider-Man or something like that.
    The thing about HoX/PoX is that both are miniseries and very much a single story told in two titles. Each issue alludes to events and plays off the other. The bit about Professor X having the DNA and how that works is based on the issue in PoX which shows him meeting Sinister, and the payoff for that is in HoX's next issue.

As Hickman says in the reading order page at the end : "Two stories that are one".

The series touches on the past and future of the X-Men, so there are different eras to cover, untold tales as well as the next generations. Granted, this has been borrowed from Jason Aaron's Thor.
    In Hickman's case those futures are alternate timelines. One of them explicitly so. Aaron's Thor also has alternate Thors.

I guess you could tap into the Spider-Verse and make it work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It might be worth it to do Parker Industries/Horizon Labs or Peter starting a startup with goals on using his powers responsibly but with the similar reach in scope as HoX/PoX. In Worldwide, Peter was handed Parker Industries and just stumbled around. No sense of taking control you can do here.

The thing about HoX/PoX is that both are miniseries and very much a single story told in two titles. Each issue alludes to events and plays off the other. The bit about Professor X having the DNA and how that works is based on the issue in PoX which shows him meeting Sinister, and the payoff for that is in HoX's next issue.

As Hickman says in the reading order page at the end : "Two stories that are one".

In Hickman's case those futures are alternate timelines. One of them explicitly so. Aaron's Thor also has alternate Thors.

I guess you could tap into the Spider-Verse and make it work though.
    You could definitely have some kind of relaunch with Peter or Spider-Man upping their game. It's probably a better fit for the X-Men, given how that series' central metaphor is subject to change as times do, but it can be done with Spider-Man.

I agree with how a single story can be told in two titles/ mini-series. I noted one way that approach can work with Spidey. There are other ways to have two intersecting stories (untold tales and a storyline in the present.)

Pretty much any Marvel future is an alternate timeline. Though Hickman did have a story engine that allows for clever twists on that, with stories essentially erased by time travel that had already occurred (though Powers of X #1 was published before the explanation of House of X #2.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets