Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default Cover Contest 9/18/2019 - 9/24/2019 : Across the Multiverse

In 1992, Marvel introduced a new line of comics based on the future of the Marvel Universe. It was known as the Marvel 2099 and was launched with Peter David and Rick Leonardi's Spider-Man 2099. Other titles soon followed like Punisher 2099, Doom 2099, Ravage 2099 later followed by X-Men 2099 and Hulk 2099. The line lasted for about 4 years before a combination of flagging sales and Marvel's financial woes eventually took its' toll and the line eventually was no more. There was also the MC2 universe that was another line that took place in the future with Mayday Parker in the long running Spider-Girls series, along with Fantastic Five and A-Next with an adult Cassie Lang.

This year Marvel is going to release a new set of 2099 comics. I am not as knowledgeable about DC's equivalent but I am sure you are all aware of which ongoing titles or limited series those would be. I would prefer it be something more that a one-shot story. But if people vote for it, so be it So basically any comic series that does not take place in what was the current MU or DCU.

1) Post One (& ONLY ONE) Cover that fits the theme of this Week's Contest!
    2) Cover must be from a Published Comic Book or Collected Volume!
    3) Covers must be Posted before Voting Begins!
    4) Voting Begins 12 AM Tuesday and Runs Until 12 AM Wednesday PST (3 AM EST)!
    5) Vote by Posting the name in BOLD of the Poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most! A vote need not be in bold, but it does make it easier to Count-The-Votes!
    6) The Winner of the Contest is the Entry with the MOST Votes after the Voting-Period!
    7) It's Okay to Discuss the Covers but if you Think Someone's Entry Doesn't Fit the Theme or Violates the Rules, you Don't need to Argue it in the thread, Simply Don't Vote for It!
    8) Plus: Occasionally Voting will Result in a Tie! The Person Who Started the Thread will do the Counting that Week will Usually call for a TIE-Breaking --Vote from Someone who has Not Yet Voted!
    9) AFTER the Tie-Breaker Vote, Voting Ends and the Winner is Declared by The One Who Started the Thread (or assigned surrogate) and Thus will do the Counting.
    10) HAVE FUN
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-18-2019 at 09:07 PM.

I am not clear on what this contest is? A title that doesn't take place in the main Universe of Marvel or DC?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Exactly. The MC2 comics and the 2099 comics were off in their own little section of the Marvel comics. For example, In 2099 Miguel O'Hara was Spider-Man, Jake Gallows was the Punisher, etc.

Like DC's Milestone or Marvel's New Universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

This is STILL a Terrifying Idea for an Alternate Universe of Marvel!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Like DC's Milestone or Marvel's New Universe?
    Sure. Those sound like they would qualify. Or will even count Marvel's Heroes Reborn series done when Image took over certain titles for a year, namely Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Avengers and Captain America.

«Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Set adrift in the multiverse
    By the whims of fate
    And thrall to the demiurge
    We all await escape

A character design I loved from this skip week event.

Dang. Foxley beat me to it.

Oh well, trying again!

I couldn't find the full cover with the text, but here's the full image.

Last edited by Nschornhorst; 09-19-2019 at 12:38 AM.

I was expecting Kingdom Come to show up and it sure didn’t take long

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Memo to Marvel's superheroes: You do NOT want to be on Frank's bad side!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison