Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    This is not how I interpreted the situation at all, especially given Proteus's role. Krakoa has effectively rendered the strategy of killing mutants to keep their numbers down ineffective. The process is ceremonial and a product of mutant potential, not the Facility that used cold science to create Frankenstein's monsters.
    You can hang whatever ceremony on it you want, it doesn't change the ethical question in the least.

A big part of it is putting the anima of the deceased back into their body. The “husk” is just a body with the layers of the owner’s soul, memories, and experiences eventually grafted onto it. As this is something that Laura struggled with for a long time before eventually being revealed to have one, I don’t know why she would be so unreceptive to understanding the nature of the soul and how they aren’t being “cloned” but just generally resurrected. The Favility is creating clones, entirely new beings, to serve out their plans like assassinating people. The Five are growing husks and placing souls back in their bodies, not creating entirely new beings.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That's nice, but it has no bearing on what Fallen Angels will or won't actually do. You have your heart set on Laura rebelling against Krakoa. You should prepare for that not happening.
    I think I agree that X-23's history would not make her an ally of the cloning project. That said, shouldn't we wait until we find out what the series has X-23 doing? For all we know, she may have decided to stay in NYC or something.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    A big part of it is putting the anima of the deceased back into their body. The “husk” is just a body with the layers of the owner’s soul, memories, and experiences eventually grafted onto it. As this is something that Laura struggled with for a long time before eventually being revealed to have one, I don’t know why she would be so unreceptive to understanding the nature of the soul and how they aren’t being “cloned” but just generally resurrected. The Favility is creating clones, entirely new beings, to serve out their plans like assassinating people. The Five are growing husks and placing souls back in their bodies, not creating entirely new beings.
    Eh still the potential for abuse of the system is definitely there. I have no doubt Hickman introduced this system to later highlight it's flaws and dismantle it.

But I'm sure Laura would be weary of something this and can see it could turn very bad very quickly especially with Mr. Sinister influence as well as being on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh still the potential for abuse of the system is definitely there. I have no doubt Hickman introduced this system to later highlight it's flaws and dismantle it.

But I'm sure Laura would be weary of something this and can see it could turn very bad very quickly especially with Mr. Sinister influence as well as being on the island.
    I’m sure there will be inevitable drama when it comes to the resurrection pods. But dismantle it? This is the new status quo being set up for the mutants, why would Hickman be so quick to tear down everything he’s just built?

Weary, sure. Suspicious, I guess. But an active anti-Krakoan or sometime who’s so against Xavier’s plan is something we probably should not expect from this book. Nor should it be something that’s in great focus. I’ll be surprised if Sinister is still on the island beyond HOXPOX, but I’m betting Moira will beat him off the island before he tries anything.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bryanedwa...07254268157952
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Edward Hill
    Hickman would be cross with me if I gave away the thing, but I will say that this story is about the role of warriors in peace, about the price of utopia.

"Fallen Angels" is about those who fear they have no place in heaven. I'll just say that.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bryanedwa...26356105879552
    Q: I wonder what's Magneto's role gonna be in here? Just curious. Probably too spoilery to mention I suppose. ��

A: Magneto is my favorite mutant. Take that as you will.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bryanedwa...26973826158593
    Quote Originally Posted by BEH
    FALLEN ANGELS is my love letter to all of us who are struggling to figure out where we belong in this world, how we can help it, and whether or not it's worth saving at all.

*I think it's worth saving. Even if all we can do are the little things.
    I’m soooooooooooooooo amped for this series!!!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Hmmm if Magneto is in this book my interest level rose DRAMATICALLY

Also I know some are upset about it but I am SUPER glad that Gabby is gone. Just TOO derivative.

Not sure how to feel about Neo Psylocke... I'll have to compare and contrast with Excalibur's "Captain Britain" approach I guess.

Hate the new Cable but meh they can't all be gems.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

I noticed that the color of the Fallen Angels logo seems to denote which character is focused on in that particular issue: https://www.comixology.eu/Fallen-Ang...l-comic/801014

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    IMO, waiting for Laura to be the Krakoan rebel who doesn't accept the entire setup just bc you invented that premise in your head is waiting for disappointment.
    This is the same fanbase that's still clutching on to a Hellion romance that lasted 10 or so issues over a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This is the same fanbase that's still clutching on to a Hellion romance that lasted 10 or so issues over a decade ago.
    I say this as one of the five people who didn't have a problem with their failure to hook-up; but that had 6 years set-up, and while hooking them up is not something I'd be routing for, the way that ended did demand follow-up.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 10-04-2019 at 08:29 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Fantastic Member

With each new info we get I getting more excited for all the books. I haven't got that feeling for a relly long time in Marvel.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wow, that actually sounds pretty cool. Specially the part of
    "Fallen Angels" is about those who fear they have no place in heaven. I'll just say that.

I haven't been a big fan of the krakoa status quo and everybody accepting it that easy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I say this as one of the five people who didn't have a problem with their failure to hook-up; but that had 6 years set-up, and while hooking them up is not something I'd be routing for, the way that ended did demand follow-up.
    It did not have 6 years of set-up. New X-Men by Kyost only lasted 2 years and in X-Force by that same team Hellion was already trying to hook up with other girls in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It did not have 6 years of set-up. New X-Men by Kyost only lasted 2 years and in X-Force by that same team Hellion was already trying to hook up with other girls in SF.
    There a fraction of a second scene where where a girl is pretending to hit on him but is really an anti-mutant terrorist who kidnaps him, and Laura clearly wants to rush to his rescue, a clear focus on her feelings for him, and the will they won't they relationship continues into her solo, where it ends; it was 6 years, I counted.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Do you think Fallen Angels will help flesh out Kwannon's character so people will accept her as the new Psylocke?

I feel like some people are against it, mainly because they think she's only there to be a sex object replacement or something.
    I re-read her first appearance in X-Men #17 by Nicieza. She was actually a very interesting character. Not some Asian chick who spoke pigin English and was sporting for a fight. I was wondering how she sounded by when she first popped up the team didn't seem surprised. I am not sure if the cannon has been changed. But while both she and Betsy are different, they still retain aspects of each other. And I would hope that we get some of that. It would be a bit of a salve to old long time fans like myself who are fans of Psylcke/Betsy Braddock and who don't understand why she is changed back into being a white (princess) woman. As if the books don't have enough of them already. It's as if a beloved character has been killed off.

It's not the fact that Psylocke is Asian that attracted fans to her (I'm Black of West Indian descent). It's her character and how she dealt with problems and the person she chose to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Good stuff. Don't know that I'd use "aggressive" to describe Laura per se, but she is definitely driven by her self-appointed missions. So yeah, I can see her not being able to settle into the groove of Krakoa.
    What??? I can't speak to Cable. But Laura never struck me as being blood thirsty. Yes, like most X-Men she's a type A personality, and lying on the couch eating doughnuts and watching soaps is probably not her idea of fun. But given her background in being used as a machine to kill people and the un-intentional killing of her mother. I don't think that killing is her automatic go to solution for everything. Kyle and Yost (and Marjorie Liue) made it a point to show that Laura is not an animal that she was raised to be and treated as and she was not going to be that person. She's also older now and probably wouldn't be as easily to manipulate into joining a kill team.

Although I never stuck with it, I liked what Hopeless did with Laura in the first issue (of the book he wrote), he addressed her restless energy by having her do extreme sports like skiing etc. That's how I can see her cutting lose. Not anxious about the potential of what I am going to see. I don't think that Hill really gets the character. From what I heard above, I think Hill will turn Laura into another UFC fighter/Wolvie with boobs knock off. Hill just makes it sound like she's a nut who likes to go to bars late at night to fight.

Why didn't Marvel hire Cullen Bunn for this book?