Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Fallen Angels by Bryan Edward Hill and Szymon Kudranski Appreciation 2019

FALLEN ANGELS #1 AND #2
    THE DAWN DOES NOT BREAK FOR ALL!
    Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind!

FALLEN ANGELS #3 & #4
    APOTH APPROACHES! PSYLOCKE’S PAST THREATENS HER NEW TEAM!
    Psylocke’s past continues to haunt her as she molds her companions into a fighting force… But can they take on the children of Apoth?
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-18-2019 at 09:48 PM.

I do appreciate that they went through the effort of giving fans a Psylocke they recognize, even though it's not Betsy Braddock. I think it's a good compromise rather than just keeping White Psylocke or going through the body swap again. I also think it develops Betsy further, assuming they permanently intend to keep her as Captain Britain like they're hyping (what with them comparing this to Carol as Captain Marvel).

Also, this allows them to develop Kwannon further, which I assume is what this series is about. She's kind of a blank slate other than her few traits, so hopefully it works out.

Extraordinary Member

This is the book I'm most excited about now. Who would have thought?

Love X-23, so I'm looking forward to seeing her again after her solo was canceled (curse you, Marvel!) and am glad that she's not in one of the central series; I'm oddly not interested in the who Krakoa thing and everyone resurrecting and all that, so I'm just as glad if I don't have to follow that to make sense of this.

Could care less about Cable, but am really curious what they'll do with Kwannon. After spending most of her existence with her body belonging to someone else and being dead(?), that could make for interesting character stuff as she tries to find her feet.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

This is likely to be the most underrated and overlooked book coming out of DOX. The book has good artist and a pretty good writer at the helm of it. And a cast that is likely bound to expand, it was already confirmed Magneto will be apart of it as well. If I know Bryan Hill, and I've read a few of his works, this is definitely going to be a solid book.

Do we really need another thread opened on Fallen Angels? There was one opened a while ago HERE

Moderators will probably merge these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Do we really need another thread opened on Fallen Angels? There was one opened a while ago HERE

Moderators will probably merge these two.
    This is an appreciation thread. Every other DOX series has it's own "what do you think of X lineup" thread, as well as an appreciation thread. It's just the Fallen Angel one has been a bit active as of late. Though perhaps conversation should be contained to this thread.

X-23 when written well is one my favorite characters, but Im gonna wait and see how this is. If these are the same characters pre house/ powers of X then its not for me. It is encouraging that Laura's annoying (imo) shadow is nowhere to be seen.

I'll put it here for people who don't visit twitter often. Part of conversation with Bryan Edward Hill about FA.
    BEH.jpg

As for Fallen Angels I can't wait to see what this series has to offer. Of course my major love here is X-23, and lack of little pain in the arse her sister... Kwannon/Psylocke is intriguing, I think she is going to have all of the Betsy's memories from their bodyswipe time. And part of the story will be her wondering about her true self, how much is she her own person.
    Since many people are establishing, that it will be the first series to cancel, it will also be the only series I collect all issues, since normaly I wait for tradeback sales.

BANNED

This is the one book I'm likely to pick up. I'm not liking this new status quo, especially with how Krakoa allows Marvel to dispense with even the illusion that death in comics matters altogether. I can also see Laura fundamentally disagreeing with what's happening there, and not wanting a part of it.

BANNED

And if she doesn't rebel? What then?

Astonishing Member

Show me revolutionary leader Laura. I expect many things from this

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This is the one book I'm likely to pick up. I'm not liking this new status quo, especially with how Krakoa allows Marvel to dispense with even the illusion that death in comics matters altogether. I can also see Laura fundamentally disagreeing with what's happening there, and not wanting a part of it.
    You can also see Laura feeling more human than ever before.There is no reason for her to question her existence anymore in the face what is going on in Krakoa.

Also death in comics never meant anything especially recently so this turn is pretty fine. It will go away at some point and death will be more meaningful

If the book we all trashed during SDCC is revealed to actually be the most conceptually-rich spin-off about the former outcasts' outcasts then we'll all have to gather like an actual cult and start invoking Hickman's name for power.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I'm still not sold on Kwannon ever being more than a fetish object but we'll see. The writer sounds interesting enough to make the character into something real. He's gonna have to bring it for me. But I'm finicky, I don't think Cullen Bunn was any more than serviceable as a writer outside Magneto.