Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Maybe Essex brings the person back but Kwannon leaves to break the "Don't kill flatscans" law.

Then Yost comes back from issue 6.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    No idea what he meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    A small town in Wisconsin, the Duchess of Cambridge, or one of two playwrights
    Well let's hope he means the Duchess of Cambridge. She has green eyes and is reputedly low key (ie she's not an attention junkie) like Laura.

I'm not familiar with this guys writing but I have seen a few of his interviews and he comes across as a bit pretentious and full of himself. Reminds a bit of Batman writer Scott Beatty who didn't seem to be able to do an interview without letting everyone know he has a PHD. I love smart and educated writers, But the intelligence should come through in a coherent story and a sophisticated story. Not I'm so smart no one gets me. I am buying this book for X-23 but if I don't like what I see, I'm dropping it. I am already a bit nervous about his comparison to the characters being like fallen angels from Milton/The Bible. Who essentially rebelled against God and the rules. Because that just never struck me as the prime motivation of Kwannon and X-23. Now I will wait to see what they are supposed to be rebelling against. Is it the cloning? Is their person-hood being abused? Because if it's just an angry excuse to lash out at the world I am not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Then Yost comes back from issue 6.
    Is this a fact or are you needlessly torturing me?
    Last edited by Mia; 10-16-2019 at 10:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    OMG that's so beautiful!!!

You are now my favorite poster! Thanks to making my day

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Does anyone else get a "Bladerunner"/cyberpunk feeling from this book
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    What's Middleton?
    It's a who, not a what: Josh Middleton, the artist who drew Laura's comic book debut in NYX.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    It's a who, not a what: Josh Middleton, the artist who drew Laura's comic book debut in NYX.
    I completely forgot about him. I rember hill said that NYX was his favorite Laura story.... I wonder if thell be referenced?
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 10-16-2019 at 03:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    Thanks. I guess we're in for Laura being a passive doormat who takes orders.

EDIT: I just had a look at his book Romulus. It seems to follow the story of a messed up woman who tries to right wrongs etc. Not a badly written book, doesn't have forced humour and the people come across like human beings. And most of all the protagonist is strong without coming across as grating. So if he follows that template on FA. I'm fine and will probably enjoy the book.
    Last edited by Mia; 10-16-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Does anyone else get a "Bladerunner"/cyberpunk feeling from this book
    Definitely and I'm so here for it
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Going by the reviews on Batman and the Outsiders. He's really good a writing individuals like Kwannon and Laura.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I completely forgot about him. I rember hill said that NYX was his favorite Laura story.... I wonder if thell be referenced?
    It would be nice to see Kiden turn up. The book certainly sounds like just the sort of opportunity, and if it really is his favorite I could see him delving into it at some point. It's always bothered me that Laura apparently never tried to do something to help Kiden and her group once she connected with the X-Men.

I am extremely stoked for this book after reading that interview. The philosophy that will support the story and the deep exploration of identity and body? I have no idea where this book is going and that makes me even more excited.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I hope the writer releases that 3 of Archangel's exes are on this team and addresses that.

BANNED

Pretty weird that Warren has memories of fooling around with Laura tbh. But I mean the Husk thing is even worse and didnt involve any time travel. Kwannon dont know abt all that.

BANNED

Kwannon's body was naked alongside Warren's long enough for it to be weird as hell.