Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You can also see Laura feeling more human than ever before.There is no reason for her to question her existence anymore in the face what is going on in Krakoa.

Also death in comics never meant anything especially recently so this turn is pretty fine. It will go away at some point and death will be more meaningful
    But Laura hasn't really questioned hee existence in a while. She learned that she had a soul, she had friends who loved her, and she had blood relatives who love her.

She's a functional person who can have a life outside of the X-Men, something even Logan can't really claim.

If anything, I think this whole thing will make her question her loyalty to the X-Men, though I don't think it will happen right away. I think she's going to try and be happy and accept what's happening, but then something will happen that will make her realize how wrong everything is.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You can also see Laura feeling more human than ever before.There is no reason for her to question her existence anymore in the face what is going on in Krakoa.

Also death in comics never meant anything especially recently so this turn is pretty fine. It will go away at some point and death will be more meaningful
    How? They're making clones, then body snatching them, to provide the illusion of immortality. This should be horrifying for a clone.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    How? They're making clones, then body snatching them, to provide the illusion of immortality. This should be horrifying for a clone.
    Seriously, this isn't cheating death and unlike some other resurrection attempts in Apiderman and elsewhere, there is no mention of a soul.

If anything, this reminds me of Loki's method of reincarnation. Please note that each resurrected Loki ia technically a different person feom the one before and that the "back-up personality" is changed. And this is happening with a freaking, so how does old Chuck think he isn't going to mess up?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    FALLEN ANGELS #3

FALLEN ANGELS #4
    FALLEN ANGELS #3 & #4
    BRYAN HILL (W) • SZYMON KUDRANSKI (A)
    Issue #3 – Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    Issue #4 – Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    APOTH APPROACHES! PSYLOCKE’S PAST THREATENS HER NEW TEAM!
    Psylocke’s past continues to haunt her as she molds her companions into a fighting force… But can they take on the children of Apoth?

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    X-23 when written well is one my favorite characters, but Im gonna wait and see how this is. If these are the same characters pre house/ powers of X then its not for me. It is encouraging that Laura's annoying (imo) shadow is nowhere to be seen.
    Funny, for me now, things don't seem right without the shadow. Takes all types, I guess.

Yeah, have to second this. Not counting the fact that she was almost a victim of this process herself before, she's currently been shown to be spending her main superhero career scuttling operations like this.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm gonna give this a go, hopefully the cast grows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I'm gonna give this a go, hopefully the cast grows.
    Hill said it will, and there's a good chance it's the academy x kids will appear, and Magneto will be playing a role
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 09-19-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think Laura would try and be OK with this, since everyone else is. It just wouldn't stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Hill said it will, and there's a good chance it's the academy x kids will appear, and Magneto will be playing a role
    Recall it being reported that Magnento will be in it, but why do we think Academy X will appear?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Do you think Fallen Angels will help flesh out Kwannon's character so people will accept her as the new Psylocke?

I feel like some people are against it, mainly because they think she's only there to be a sex object replacement or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Recall it being reported that Magnento will be in it, but why do we think Academy X will appear?
    Said Laura's relations ship with her friends(mainly new xmen) would be brought up, and a few of them would fit the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Do you think Fallen Angels will help flesh out Kwannon's character so people will accept her as the new Psylocke?

I feel like some people are against it, mainly because they think she's only there to be a sex object replacement or something.
    Fleshing out Kwannon is basically what Bryan Edward Hill said one of his primary goals was.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 09-20-2019 at 04:54 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Fleshing out Kwannon is basically what Bryan Edward Hill said one of his primary goals was.
    Think it'll be enough to get people to accept her as Psylocke?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Think it'll be enough to get people to accept her as Psylocke?
    Depends on the reason why they don't want to accept her; some people were going on about how Psylocke was Betsy's true name as revealed by Spiral, therefore it shouldn't be used by Kwannon... I have no idea as to the validity of that claim.

Though the iconoclasm of this series might give it a boost.
    Context is king.

Extraordinary Member

She's beautiful on those covers and while she does have the classic sexy ninja outfit, her actual body type isn't being drawn to be too sexy.