Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

[Tacky Hellion joke deleted]

BANNED

Did it have something to do with him having no hands?

So are Paige and Laura gunna swap Warren stories. Does Kwannon have some Betsy's lingering memories of Warren?

Can we call this the Ex-Warren Club?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Did it have something to do with him having no hands?
    Not.... really?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    So are Paige and Laura gunna swap Warren stories.
    Why did he and Laura even break up? They seemed cute in what little I read of that "Hopeless" run until he got all overbearing. But chickening out on her and Teen Scott was weak.

BANNED

He broke up with her because she apparently had a death wish because she wasn't afraid to use her healing powers to full effect.

It was awful, as was everything about that run. I especially loved it when they would randomly break into a dance party.

Incredible Member

It is kind of hilarious how the X-Men repeatedly keep forgetting about Hellion. Unloved.
    He's probably joined the Inhumans by now XD

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Why did he and Laura even break up? They seemed cute in what little I read of that "Hopeless" run until he got all overbearing. But chickening out on her and Teen Scott was weak.
    Becuase it was a bad idea from the get go.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Their relationship was so ill-conceived and pointless that they broke up off-panel and we don't know what the actual reason was. And then he got sent back to the past where he belonged making it a moot point, anyway (note: They apparently broke up BEFORE he returned to his own time, apparently sometime before Orphans of X).

He broke up with her because she apparently had a death wish because she wasn't afraid to use her healing powers to full effect.
    He broke up with her...but then they got BACK together again because reasons (ironically in an issue that demonstrated just HOW MUCH more chemistry and connection she had with Teen Scott than she would ever have with Warren). Hopeless made a complete and utter mess of it, so badly that Taylor and Tamaki pretty much wanted nothing to do with them, and only mentioned it for continuity's sake.

BANNED

I liked them tripping around in a giant RV TARDIS with the bamfs. And I liked Bagley's art and incorporating Evan and Idie. That was about it. I didn't like having the O5 in the present long-term to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    A big part of it is putting the anima of the deceased back into their body. The “husk” is just a body with the layers of the owner’s soul, memories, and experiences eventually grafted onto it. As this is something that Laura struggled with for a long time before eventually being revealed to have one, I don’t know why she would be so unreceptive to understanding the nature of the soul and how they aren’t being “cloned” but just generally resurrected. The Favility is creating clones, entirely new beings, to serve out their plans like assassinating people. The Five are growing husks and placing souls back in their bodies, not creating entirely new beings.
    The "husks" are clones. They are more clone than most of Marvel's named clones. Hickman depicted the actual cloning process, with mutants instead of test tubes, pipettes, electric current and human wombs. It's almost like he couldn't help himself, he had to be accurate. It's science. It's science-fiction. It's cloning. The "husks" are living, breathing twins of the original with their own brains and baby-minds, completely scrambled by being gestated and aged to adulthood in 48 hours. Xavier downloads the backup copies of the mutant's memories, cognitive development, personality--think of all the centers of the brain. Some control language skills, others comprehension of speech, others impulse control. All this biology has been digitalized and stored and this is downloaded into the clone's brain, essentially reprogramming it--but the host brain is so undeveloped and short-circuited by the developmental process it seems to be receptive. If the clone were allowed to develop naturally, it would have to be taught from scratch like a newborn, and become an actual new individual genetically identical to the original.

I can definitely see why Laura wouldn't be comfortable with the whole process.

But in general, I'm excited by this comic. Because I'm not happy with the whole Avatar/Krakoastan direction. So I have at least one comic that I can read about characters who (I hope) have some excellent reasons why they don't want to colonize a living island that knows everything they do, forced to interact with only mutants--no matter if they like them or not--squeezed together on the spongy, weird-ass, viney back of a creature that eats mutant energy for lunch. Sincerely, if I lived on Marvel Earth and I were a mutant, I'd rather take my chances with the Purifiers than spend one second on that creepy, pervy so-called island.

BANNED

Pretty sure the only reason they paired Laura and Warren up was to give Teen Warren some sort of purpose. Tyke and Jeen had multiple relationships and dynamics they could play towards given Jean/Scott's core nature in the franchise, Bobby had his coming out experience, Beast had the magic shite. Warren had nothing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Looking like a Cable harem book by #5
    "Cable was right!"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

They are lesbians (i wish) and he will be 60+ on a few years.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-05-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Their relationship was so ill-conceived and pointless that they broke up off-panel and we don't know what the actual reason was. And then he got sent back to the past where he belonged making it a moot point, anyway (note: They apparently broke up BEFORE he returned to his own time, apparently sometime before Orphans of X).

He broke up with her...but then they got BACK together again because reasons (ironically in an issue that demonstrated just HOW MUCH more chemistry and connection she had with Teen Scott than she would ever have with Warren). Hopeless made a complete and utter mess of it, so badly that Taylor and Tamaki pretty much wanted nothing to do with them, and only mentioned it for continuity's sake.
    Weren't they split before Tamaki's run? Warren was flirting with other girls in X-Men Blue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman