Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Does Batman frustrate you?

Is it frustrating as a Superman fan that Batman gets propped up at the expense of everyone else? I feel like Clark is made to look like a big lumbering oaf and he's much smarter than that. But if Bruce is in the room, like Siatra, he commands the entire room.

BANNED

Same old same old.

Astonishing Member

Sure.

I'd rather Batman was removed from Superman's orbit for awhile, so Superman could get some honest respect, but odds are if that was done some other character (Lois, Jon, Calvin Ellis, Diana …) would eb brought in to give Superman someone to look inferior to. It's his new role in the DC Universe- the character drug down to make another character look big.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yes, though it's more frustration at what DC has turned Batman into over the years and the impact on Superman and their friendship is but one of many issues.

It's why I prefer depictions like BTAS, Silver/Bronze age or even Adam West. THAT character I have been a lifelong fan of and will be forever. And that guy wasn't at odds with Superman, they weren't pitted against each other to prop one up over the other (usually Clark gets the **** end of the stick here), they were just straight up best buds. I have no use for the uneasy allies BS, or Bruce being less at ease with them being friends. I want the World's Finest with no pretenses of anything else, and I want it to be an asset to Clark instead of a drawback.

No, he doesn't frustrate me. What frustrates me is DC's recent inability to portray both Superman and Batman as established self-starters who are good friends. There should should great overlap in their orbits with one another, but they should never collide—and by collide I mean use each other to prop themselves up, kinda like you just described.

That's not Batman's fault, that's DC and the recent writers' inability to be be good writers.

Poor Batman's been regressed into being a socially inept moron who grunts like a caveman in a cape rather than being Batman, a hero who uses his life and social skills as Bruce Wayne to further his crusade against crime.

If they can't write these men together, then maybe they should not put them together for a while until they remember how to do it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Problem isn't batman. It has never been. It is how Superman is written with batman. So my answers is no. Superman frustrates me, actually.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

It actually not Batman, It is when DC trying to preach Batman by misuses a lot of characters. The one character who was particularly misused by DC is Superman. It not just happened multiple times, But DC also keeping preach those Superman(god) versus Batman(mortal) and Batman wins scenes, Unfortunately, DC pushing it too hard, Made the mortal look like a god instead of a mortal. Made the God looks like a person who just incapable to using his supposedly brilliant mind. It really frustrating
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 09-19-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Someone really needs to make a version of that with the last panel replaced with Batman's head actually being popped off

Retired

Who is the artist?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Problem isn't batman. It has never been. It is how Superman is written with batman. So my answers is no. Superman frustrates me, actually.
    My thoughts exactly. This is the problem not the character of Batman.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, though it's more frustration at what DC has turned Batman into over the years and the impact on Superman and their friendship is but one of many issues.

It's why I prefer depictions like BTAS, Silver/Bronze age or even Adam West. THAT character I have been a lifelong fan of and will be forever. And that guy wasn't at odds with Superman, they weren't pitted against each other to prop one up over the other (usually Clark gets the **** end of the stick here), they were just straight up best buds. I have no use for the uneasy allies BS, or Bruce being less at ease with them being friends. I want the World's Finest with no pretenses of anything else, and I want it to be an asset to Clark instead of a drawback.
    This. Well said.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Yes, but then I watch scenes like this in Justice League and I feel better.

Also this: "He's more human than I am. He lived in this world, fell in love, had a job. In spite of all that power. The World needs Superman. The team needs Clark."

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Yes, but then I watch scenes like this in Justice League and I feel better.

Also this: "He's more human than I am. He lived in this world, fell in love, had a job. In spite of all that power. The World needs Superman. The team needs Clark."
    Then you will like Lex Luthor - Man of Steel
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

No. Writers who feel the urge to try and point out in story how Batman is somehow better than Superman every chance they get frustrate me, but the character himself when written correctly does not.

Of course it helps I'm both a Batman and Superman fan.