Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Star-Blossom!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    OMG! First - I love Nicola Scott's cover with the images of WW costumes through the ages. There are a few details here and there like the eagle toes resting on the belt but, I honestly didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out. Maybe I was just geeking over this image and Nicola's fantasticly beautiful artwork to care. Her work on the sneak peak with the Cheetah double-page spread. Wow! Nicola is definitely one of my fav WW artists of all time. I put her up there with Perez, Jiminez, Hughes and Ross. Her work has such joy and life for me. Can't wait!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Nicola Scott's Cheetah comes across as extremely menacing! Other artists should take notes!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I would like to see a new band of villains (not Villainy INC) based on few of WW's old, forgotten foes turned into a formidable, dangerous, scary gang ala the revamped Rogues that Geoff Johns memorably wrote back in 2000. I would like to see their motives enriched and their characterization deepened, and again, I would like to see them being scary and dangerous...a force to be reckoned with. They could be a combo of old pre-Crisis baddies and more recent villains, say...Mayfly, Angle Man, Juliana Zasia, Fausta, and REd Dragon. Notice how my choices are purposely not based on Greek myth.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Variants by Liam Sharp, Lucio Parrillo and Gabriele Dell'Otto:

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Nicola Scott's Cheetah comes across as extremely menacing! Other artists should take notes!
    I love it too! I think only she and Evely have managed to draw Liam Sharp's Cheetah well. Makes me wish she'd been able to draw her more. Can we have her and Rucka back on the book please?

As much as Cheetah has been spammed recently to the point where even I think she needs a bit of a break* in favor of other villains, another story between Diana and Barbara Ann by Rucka is always welcome.

*I'd make the exception for the Earth One line. I demand to see Morrison's Priscilla Rich.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Nicola Scott never disappoints, her Cheetah looks awesome. Not a huge fan of the chinese ink shading though. Liam Sharp's cover is pretty nice too

Variants by Liam Sharp:

I have a new favorite! First of all because of Ferdinand...he really should have a larger presence in the book. Love how the tip of his spear is reminiscent of his missing horn, how his bracelets almost match Diana's and the look of sadness on her face that says she's regrets having to go to war. I said "war" because of the ram's head pommel on the hilt of her sword that reminds me of Ares. It's little details like that which make me respect Liam Sharp's work so much.

Following the blockbuster 750th issues of The Flash and Wonder Woman, new adventures of The Fastest Man Alive and the Amazon warrior princess will keep the momentum going throughout 2020, as DC announced plans to return both titles to Legacy numbering, beginning with Wonder Woman #750 on January 22, Wonder Woman #751 on February 12, Wonder Woman #752 on February 25, Wonder Woman #753 on March 11 and Wonder Woman #754 on March 25.

In March, Princess Diana begins a new adventure with issue #753, written by Steve Orlando with art by Max Raynor, main cover by Robson Rocha (Aquaman) and Danny Miki (Superman: Year One) and variant cover by Jae Lee. Wonder Woman and a new warrior named Valda agree to put aside their differences to hunt a mythical beast bent on destroying all of Boston. Issue #754 takes Wonder Woman off-world to help Princess Maxima, the former ruler of Almerac, retake her throne and restore the planet’s peaceful matriarchy.

Source: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/1...bering-in-2020

Woman and a new warrior named Valda agree to put aside their differences to hunt a mythical beast bent on destroying all of Boston. Issue #754 takes Wonder Woman off-world to help Princess Maxima, the former ruler of Almerac, retake her throne and restore the planet’s peaceful matriarchy.
    So, bye bye to her supporting casts and hello to new ones? Even worse if different ones every week.

I didn't realize Almerac was ever peaceful, but I've only passing acquaintance with Maxima.

On one hand another shake up. On the other hand a cosmic adventure sounds like fun. Guess we’ll see how well Orlando handles this.

[I]Following the blockbuster 750th issues of The Flash and Wonder Woman, new adventures of The Fastest Man Alive and the Amazon warrior princess will keep the momentum going throughout 2020, as DC announced plans to return both titles to Legacy numbering, beginning with Wonder Woman #750 on January 22, Wonder Woman #751 on February 12, Wonder Woman #752 on February 25, Wonder Woman #753 on March 11 and Wonder Woman #754 on March 25.
    Didn't DC just move Wonder Woman off the biweekly schedule?

It's like they show editorial confusion in new and interesting ways nearly every month here…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Didn't DC just move Wonder Woman off the biweekly schedule?

It's like they show editorial confusion in new and interesting ways nearly every month here…
    It'll go back to the bi-weekly schedule after issue #750 as per February solicits.

It'll go back to the bi-weekly schedule after issue #750 as per February solicits.
    Yayyyyyy! I had gotten used to getting 2 issues a month and the solicits sound interesting. I've always liked Maxima.

Wonder Woman starting to look like an adventure comic, again.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!