Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sounds like a good setup of writers, though I wish they'd have given room for a short story from Wilson—her Ferdinand story in the summer oneshot was delightful. I'm interested in how both Garcia, the Hales, and Tamaki will approach Diana.

A pity we likely won't get Xermanico on art. He was the only artist who consistently brought the A game to the art during Wilson's run. I'd also like to see Lupacchino in the art lineup. But I'm looking forward to Jones's take on Wonder Woman (though I wish her inks aren't drowned in glossy colours, like they are in Catwoman).
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

It’s not Joelle Jones’ finest work but it’s nice, pretty sure that globe was live-traced from a stock image and it doesn’t really read as Wonder Woman carrying the weight of the World on her shoulders, it reads like she caught a falling globe sculpture

I'm mostly looking forward to those covers, as well as Nicola Scott on the interiors

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

That cover leaves something to be desired with me. The knee-guard on Diana's boot looks like it's melting, the bracelets appear to be bendable, and her hair looks like a wig. I'm glad to hear that Rucka and Simone are returning but where are the iconic Wonder Woman artists besides Nicola Scott? Granted they have some for the variant covers but what about the interiors? Hopefully they get John Byrne, Phil Jimenez, Terry Dodson, Aaron Leoprosti, Don Kramer, or Renae De Liz/Ray Dillon on board before the release date.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

Can't wait to see the other covers before I put in a pull. I went with the 30's versions for Action and Detective #1000, so anxious to see what Middleton has to offer for the 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    That's a darn shame for me. I was hoping for a stronger writer for Diana by the time her 750th came around.
    Agreed. Steve Orlando is not one of my favorite writers. He has TERRIBLE problems with dialogue and pacing. I was hoping for a stronger writer to take over Diana's book after the extremely lackluster run we just got from G. Willow Wilson. Oh well.........

Incredible Member

Wonder Woman #600 had a nice story (though did Vanessa get de-aged for it?), if I recall correctly
    She was. Perez didn't write it. Gail did.

It drove me crazy. An epilogue for Nessie that throws her back into High School while referencing things that took place while she was in college. Bizarre.

Pretty much the only thing I'd like to see in this anniversary issue is something from Perez or Garcia-Lopez or Jimenez.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

There was a solicits for WW #84 on Previewsworld and other sites before the issue was cancelled, I guess the story will be now in #750 instead.

"In the final chapter of 'The Wild Hunt-' Wonder Woman is torn between two righteous warriors in a battle to protect her patron- Hear- with the lives of every Bostonian on the danger of becoming collateral damage! With Cheetah bent on severing Diana's connection to the gods at any cost- and the Viking Judge hungry for Cheetah's blood in the name of all she's hurt- it's up to Wonder Woman once again to fight like hell to bring peace to all sides. But at what cost? What will she do when she realizes Cheetah- her onetime friend turned bloodthirsty enemy- has been right all along?"

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...nder-woman-84/

Makes me wonder how they did the count for #750. It's not like DC should lack routine in counting all prior issues and volumes of a title…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Makes me wonder how they did the count for #750. It's not like DC should lack routine in counting all prior issues and volumes of a title…
    614 was the last issue before Flashpoint. 614+52 (post-FP) + 84 (Rebirth) = 750. Rebirth WW #34 had also a special WW #700 variant cover.

Oh, I'm not doubting you, more that I checked the thread title and it says #85 / #750, but when I checked I didn't find anything relating to #85 from DC. So I guess they did their count correctly.

I'll leave hunting down and documenting any scrap for others to do now, from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Oh, I'm not doubting you, more that I checked the thread title and it says #85 / #750, but when I checked I didn't find anything relating to #85 from DC. So I guess they did their count correctly.

I'll leave hunting down and documenting any scrap for others to do now, from now on.
    It must be a typo/miscount from the OP.

So they miscounted, and issue 85 would've actually been her 751st issue? Whoops.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm just miffed to read that some writer is sending her back to BOSTON...no-ooo! We're leaving ANOTHER fictional city, Ocean City - remember Gateway City - custom-made for Diana, ..to go back to Boston?

I probably won't be reading much of this new Orlando run.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So they miscounted, and issue 85 would've actually been her 751st issue? Whoops.
    Yes. And they're fixing it, apparently:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...popular_mobile

From Steve Orlando's Twitter:

"Hey folks! Just wanted to update here - we're perfectly on time, just lining things up for January's 750th Issue (which is Issue 84 of this run). You'll get Issue 82 then Issue 83, then Issue 750/84, as expected and in the right order."
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

All 8 "decade" variant covers...

1940s by Joshua Middleton:

1950s by Jenny Frison:

1960s by J. Scott Campbell:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-03-2019 at 02:12 PM.