Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

1970s by Olivier Coipel:

1980s by George Perez:

1990s by Brian Bolland:

2000s by Adam Hughes:

2010s by Jim Lee:

Incredible Member

Overall they're nice but I kind of have issues with each of them...

In the seventies image, why are there no white stripes on Diana's boots? It's otherwise a perfect cover but she's consistently had white stripes on her boots for a long time hasn't she? Weren't those around in the seventies?

I love Perez and I'm so glad he contributed to this issue, but his proportions have really been off for a while. He had eye surgery didn't he? In any event I much prefer the images of Diana in profile to the central one, where she kind of looks like a little girl. He's amazing though, so he gets a complete pass from me. The colourist on the other hand, does not. Whoever it was coloured the white ponytail hair that comes out of the top of Diana's war helmet black, as though it's part of Diana's natural hair when it isn't. You don't have to look far through Perez's work to see that Diana always had a white ponytail coming from the top of her helmet. I mean, you can even tell from the way the hair is drawn that that hair is straight and Diana's natural hair is curly. They're not supposed to be the same colour! Also, the colorist didn't colour the top part of her corset red. It drives me nuts whenever I see that mistake, because it's a frequent one. The very top of the bustier has a red stripe followed by the golden Wonder Woman logo and red below it. Oy.

The Bolland cover is pretty much perfect, but her facial expression is a little weird. I get that she's supposed to be laughing as though this is a candid moment during her iconic standing on the shield photoshoot...but the facial expression is a little weird and it kind of messes with that whole thing. Also I'm not sure about the choice to make the background a cloudy grey and fill the props with that swampy green. I don't remember Diana standing on any green fabric in the original cover.

The Jim Lee cover doesn't really matter to me because I don't like that costume design or Jim Lee's take on Diana in particular.

The Adam Hughes one is great, but I could have done without all the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    All 8 "decade" variant covers...

1940s by Joshua Middleton:

1950s by Jenny Frison:

1960s by J. Scott Campbell:

They love that arched back, don't they? Not my style.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The variant covers are a mixed bag. My least favorite is the 1960s one. It's overly sexualized IMO. Bolland's Diana is too skinny and her facial expression looks odd. The Coipel, Perez, and Hughes ones are quite good. I was hoping to get at least one cover with several of Diana's villains on it.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Overall they're nice but I kind of have issues with each of them...

In the seventies image, why are there no white stripes on Diana's boots? It's otherwise a perfect cover but she's consistently had white stripes on her boots for a long time hasn't she? Weren't those around in the seventies?
    Apparently, not on the cover that Coipel is paying homage to:

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

I think it may be a safe generalization to say that Diana wasn’t sporting the white stripes for the first half of the seventies. I believe they returned with the TV series. Note that Superfriends Diana was stripe-less.

I have a lot of admiration for Perez, but of these variants I’d go with Coipel.

Incredible Member

I'm going to be thinking about that Coipel piece all day. I *love* it. I also really like the Middleton cover, and I'm curious to see the final art. It has an elegance about it and is a clear homage to HG. I like 2/3rds of the Campbell one, but just wish he'd resisted that white-outfit pose. On the other hand, it comes hand in hand with Campbell art.

Hughes has another variant that I like better, although something weird is going on with her legs. It will be exclusively sold in the same manner as the Artgerm variant, but he hasn't released the purchase details yet. This is from Twitter:

AH WW variant.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I'm going to be thinking about that Coipel piece all day. I *love* it. I also really like the Middleton cover, and I'm curious to see the final art. It has an elegance about it and is a clear homage to HG. I like 2/3rds of the Campbell one, but just wish he'd resisted that white-outfit pose. On the other hand, it comes hand in hand with Campbell art.

Hughes has another variant that I like better, although something weird is going on with her legs. It will be exclusively sold in the same manner as the Artgerm variant, but he hasn't released the purchase details yet. This is from Twitter:

AH WW variant.jpg
    Yikes!

Is that Hughes’ way of telling us he thinks HG’s Diana looked like a man in drag?

More WW #750 variants by J. Scott Campbell:

https://www.instagram.com/jscottcampbellart/

Alex Ross' WW #750 variant:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5nzhUqFW0H/

2 more variants by Jim Lee (WIP):

https://www.instagram.com/jimlee/

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

More WW #750 variants by J. Scott Campbell:

https://www.instagram.com/jscottcampbellart/

I love the Super Friends-esque cover! I wish that would be one of the main variants for the official release!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5nzhUqFW0H/
    This is *beautiful*! I realize it's pretty slavish to the original, but I love the detail, the colors, the shading, the freakin' lasso (!) - I'd love an over-sized version of this.

Incredible Member

https://www.instagram.com/jimlee/
    Is this Dr. Psycho? Does this mean the 750 issue may include a Dr.Psycho story? How exciting if so?

I'm loving all these covers. They are so absolutely beautiful.

https://www.newsarama.com/48136-crea...woman-750.html

DC has revealed the writer/artist teams working on the milestone Wonder Woman #750 anthology.

Series writer Steve Orlando and artist Jesus Merino's lead story will tie into "Year of the Villain." Joining them will be stories by Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott; Gail Simone and Colleen Doran; Marguerite Bennett and Laura Braga; Scott Snyder and Bryan Hitch; Mariko Tamaki and Elena Casagrande; Kami Garcia and Phil Hester; Shannon Hale, Dean Hale, and Riley Rossmo; and Vita Ayala and Amancay Nahuelpan.

The issue will also include pin-ups by Emanuela Lupacchino, Travis Moore, Liam Sharp, Ramona Fradon, Bilquis Evely, and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.