Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman #85 aka #750

In January, DC will release Wonder Woman #85 aka #750(all WW issues totaled over time). Word has it that DC is planning something special for this issue. What would you like to see in it?

Some things I'd like to see:

1.) Diana and Steve get married with Etta as Diana's Maid of Honor and Donna, Cassie, and Mera as bride's maids.

2.) The formation of the Rebirth Villainy Inc. with Queen Clea, Dr. Poison, Giganta, Zara, Blue Snowman, & Silver Swan.

3.) Stories from past iconic WW creators such as George Perez, Phil Jimenez, Alan Heinberg, Gail Simone, Greg Rucka, Liam Sharp, & Nicola Scott.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

1.) Diana and Steve get married with Etta as Diana's Maid of Honor and Donna, Cassie, and Mera as bride's maids.
    How much relationship does Diana have with Cassie and Donna since the reboot - honest question, since I haven't read anything with either of them since the reboot. I'm cool with a marriage, but not in January - too little build up. Maybe for #800. But with good writing, I could be brought around. And what about Nessie - she was really important once upon a time? I'm not sure, though, that a modern western style wedding (maid of honor, bridesmaids, etc.) suit Wonder Woman, but it is probably what would resonate most with an audience.

2.) The formation of the Rebirth Villainy Inc. with Queen Clea, Dr. Poison, Giganta, Zara, Blue Snowman, & Silver Swan.
    Depends who Silver Swan is - I'm not okay with Nessie keeping the role, but DC doesn't care about my feelings. I don't know Blue Snowman. The others seem fine.

3.) Stories from past iconic WW creators such as George Perez, Phil Jimenez, Alan Heinberg, Gail Simone, Greg Rucka, Liam Sharp, & Nicola Scott.
    Maybe.

Anniversary issues usually aren't good to me - too many past references and cameos with too little story or connectivity. But Donna's wedding went well (smaller anniversary, admittedly), and Wonder Woman #600 had a nice story (though did Vanessa get de-aged for it?), if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Depends who Silver Swan is - I'm not okay with Nessie keeping the role, but DC doesn't care about my feelings. I don't know Blue Snowman. The others seem fine.
    You know Zara but not Blue Snowman?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    In fairness, both are pretty obscure WW villains. If they read Jiminez's Our Worlds At Wat tie-in, chances are they'd know Zara.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In fairness, both are pretty obscure WW villains. If they read Jiminez's Our Worlds At Wat tie-in, chances are they'd know Zara.
    Kind of you to say. Truth is, I just overlooked the name Zara. I saw it. But "Blue Snowman" was a more standout name so I went to the wiki to look up the character, and verified it was not one I was familiar with. By then I'd forgotten about Zara and looking her up. I may be a bit absent-minded.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 09-19-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Spectacular Member

We may get something similar to what they did with "Action Comics" and "Detective Comics" #1000. So definitely a Jim Lee cover with the sword and shield front and center.
    I'd love to see DC go back to the original numbering starting with #750 just to show the character's longevity and legacy (I also think "Flash" should go back to its original numbering as well) but I don't see them doing that.

I definitely think contributions from past writers should be included - Perez, Simone, Jiminez and even go back to the Pre-Crisis days and see if guys like Gerry Conway and Roy Thomas would participate.
    Artists should include some of her most iconic ones like Perez, Garcia-Lopez, Brian Bolland… and is Jose Delbo still around?

Lynda Carter wrote a great introduction to #600, so re-run that or get her to write a new one, and/or ask Gal Gadot to write something.

Let me get uhhhhhhh, some variants. That's all. Maybe a keychain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    How much relationship does Diana have with Cassie and Donna since the reboot - honest question, since I haven't read anything with either of them since the reboot. I'm cool with a marriage, but not in January - too little build up. Maybe for #800. But with good writing, I could be brought around. And what about Nessie - she was really important once upon a time? I'm not sure, though, that a modern western style wedding (maid of honor, bridesmaids, etc.) suit Wonder Woman, but it is probably what would resonate most with an audience.

Maybe.

Anniversary issues usually aren't good to me - too many past references and cameos with too little story or connectivity. But Donna's wedding went well (smaller anniversary, admittedly), and Wonder Woman #600 had a nice story (though did Vanessa get de-aged for it?), if I recall correctly.

You're right about the Rebirth Diana/Donna/Cassir dynamic but I think it can be the re-start of a closer relationship between the 3 of them(maybe with some flashbacks showing how their relationship was built).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    We may get something similar to what they did with "Action Comics" and "Detective Comics" #1000. So definitely a Jim Lee cover with the sword and shield front and center.
    I'd love to see DC go back to the original numbering starting with #750 just to show the character's longevity and legacy (I also think "Flash" should go back to its original numbering as well) but I don't see them doing that.

I definitely think contributions from past writers should be included - Perez, Simone, Jiminez and even go back to the Pre-Crisis days and see if guys like Gerry Conway and Roy Thomas would participate.
    Artists should include some of her most iconic ones like Perez, Garcia-Lopez, Brian Bolland… and is Jose Delbo still around?

Lynda Carter wrote a great introduction to #600, so re-run that or get her to write a new one, and/or ask Gal Gadot to write something.

Great idea on including Conway, Thomas, Garcia-Lopez, Bolland, and Delbo!

I wouldn’t mind it being an anthology like AC and DC 1000 but I am hoping there’s a “main story” there as well.

Mighty Member

Agree with the above - some anniversary/anthology aspects, but a real story from Orlando that helps set the stage for what will be going on for the next little while. Past that, bring back the usual suspects for the anthology stuff as well as a couple new people that haven't really gotten a shot with her before - I bet NK Jemisin (who's learning the craft for Far Sector) can put together a good 2 page story for Diana or some of the other Amazons, for example
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I guess I just figured with Orlando now being the writer of Wonder Woman for the foreseeable future, he'd write the main story in this issue with past WW creators writing anthology-like stories from various eras of Diana's career.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I guess I just figured with Orlando now being the writer of Wonder Woman for the foreseeable future, he'd write the main story in this issue with past WW creators writing anthology-like stories from various eras of Diana's career.
    I feel like I may have asked this before, but is it 100% confirmed Orlando is the writer for Wonder Woman from here on? I was hoping for a stronger writer, especially with her 750th issue coming around...

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I would be content with just a variant cover by Cliff Chiang to feast my eyes on, and another from Dan Mora, Joshua Middleton, Fiona Staples, GuriHiru, Doc Shaner and so on

We have a cast. Perhaps #85 could visit Prince Jason in the Dark Dimension.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!