Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 165
  1. #136
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,606

    Default

    Was anyone really looking for Wonder Woman to go back to WWII? Frankly, I can't say I was.

  2. #137
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was anyone really looking for Wonder Woman to go back to WWII? Frankly, I can't say I was.
    I definitely was not. Something I enjoyed about the Wonder Woman run starting with Rucka's Rebirth was seeing old villains revamped for modern times. Dr. Cyber was easily the best revamp. We obviously can't have the revamped Dr. Cyber in WWII. I'm also concerned that DC seems to take a 1 step forward 18 steps backward approach to Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman should be seen as a modern hero, and I don't understand the need to tie her to the beginning of the 20th century and war.

    I'm still going to check out Snyder's Wonder Woman, of course, but I hope it doesn't erase the vast improvement she's had with revamping villains and actually starting to solidify a consistent supporting cast, mission and even recurring rogues.

  3. #138
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was anyone really looking for Wonder Woman to go back to WWII? Frankly, I can't say I was.

    I was! Sorry!
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  4. #139
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I definitely was not. Something I enjoyed about the Wonder Woman run starting with Rucka's Rebirth was seeing old villains revamped for modern times. Dr. Cyber was easily the best revamp. We obviously can't have the revamped Dr. Cyber in WWII. I'm also concerned that DC seems to take a 1 step forward 18 steps backward approach to Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman should be seen as a modern hero, and I don't understand the need to tie her to the beginning of the 20th century and war.

    I'm still going to check out Snyder's Wonder Woman, of course, but I hope it doesn't erase the vast improvement she's had with revamping villains and actually starting to solidify a consistent supporting cast, mission and even recurring rogues.

    Dr. Cyber wasn't one of Diana's World War II villains so no worries there.
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  5. #140
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,606

    Default

    The Golden Age costume is back too:


  6. #141
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Golden Age costume is back too:

    I know I'm about to be a hypocrite, but the art is really good to where I am a little interested in this title now. I hope Snyder uses her original rogues. Isn't he the one who redefined Kite Man for Batman to now he's a really popular character? I hope he'll do the same for Wonder Woman's rogues.

  7. #142
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    654

    Default

    The braces are still silver and the boots aren't the old ones.

  8. #143
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,753

    Default

    Also, from the angle I think she's wearing some form of mini skirt in the image above, not culottes as in her original suit.

    The bracers I'm not too bothered about. Printing technology has evolved since then, and I can easily believe the black bracers of the golden age were meant to evoke some form of silvery colour. The boots have some dissimilarities, but I'm not going to mourn the loss of the high heels.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  9. #144
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I know I'm about to be a hypocrite, but the art is really good to where I am a little interested in this title now. I hope Snyder uses her original rogues. Isn't he the one who redefined Kite Man for Batman to now he's a really popular character? I hope he'll do the same for Wonder Woman's rogues.


    I hope Snyder uses Diana's original rogues too. This is a golden(no pun intended) opportunity for Snyder to modernize the likes of Hypnota, Osira, Minister Blizzard, The Mask, Kung, Baron Blitzkreig, and others who fit better in the themes of World War II. In fact, I'm going to be very disappointed if Cheetah is the only Wonder-rogue to appear in issue #750. If the rest of the villains are from public domain or other heroes' rogues galleries, it will come across as an epic failure to me.
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  10. #145
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I know I'm about to be a hypocrite, but the art is really good to where I am a little interested in this title now. I hope Snyder uses her original rogues. Isn't he the one who redefined Kite Man for Batman to now he's a really popular character? I hope he'll do the same for Wonder Woman's rogues.
    It definitely looks better then some of Hitch's other DC work (but still no Nicola Scott).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope Snyder uses Diana's original rogues too. This is a golden(no pun intended) opportunity for Snyder to modernize the likes of Hypnota, Osira, Minister Blizzard, The Mask, Kung, Baron Blitzkreig, and others who fit better in the themes of World War II. In fact, I'm going to be very disappointed if Cheetah is the only Wonder-rogue to appear in issue #750. If the rest of the villains are from public domain or other heroes' rogues galleries, it will come across as an epic failure to me.
    Maybe he'll mix up Wonder Woman Rogues with JSA villains.

  11. #146
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It definitely looks better then some of Hitch's other DC work (but still no Nicola Scott).

    Maybe he'll mix up Wonder Woman Rogues with JSA villains.


    Agreed on Hitch & Scott.

    As for WW villains and JSA villains, it always disappointed me that none of WW's villains ever made the roster of the Injustice Society. With Diana now being DC's first superhero, I hope that changes and Cheetah(Priscila Rich), Queen Clea, or one of her other WWII rogues get added to the Injustice Society.
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  12. #147
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I know I'm about to be a hypocrite, but the art is really good to where I am a little interested in this title now. I hope Snyder uses her original rogues. Isn't he the one who redefined Kite Man for Batman to now he's a really popular character? I hope he'll do the same for Wonder Woman's rogues.
    No Tom King was the one who redefined Kite Man. However Snyder has a love of Golden Age Batman that shows in his Zero Year arc. Perhaps he might show Golden Age WW the same amount of love.

  13. #148
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    11,180

    Default

    Exclusive: WONDER WOMAN #750 Preview with Writer Steve Orlando: https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-...steve-orlando/

    Wonder Woman #750 creators preview their timeless Cheetah story: https://ew.com/books/2020/01/21/wond...story-preview/

  14. #149
    Astonishing Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Snyder’s complete preview with dialogue:

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...tm_name=iossmf
    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  15. #150
    Astonishing Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •