Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I feel like I may have asked this before, but is it 100% confirmed Orlando is the writer for Wonder Woman from here on? I was hoping for a stronger writer, especially with her 750th issue coming around...

He said on Twitter that he's now on the book for longer than has been solicited.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    He said on Twitter that he's now on the book for longer than has been solicited.
    That's a darn shame for me. I was hoping for a stronger writer for Diana by the time her 750th came around.

A marriage wouldn't work and would be really forced at this point. Her relationship with Steve is basically new again, you have to build it up as such. The last thing you do is try to "keep up" with Lois and Clark or Bat and Cat just on principle. It's not there yet. You marry her off to Steve now and within a few years time we'll be getting some terrible divorce storyline. If DC wants them to be an iconic thing again, keep building it somewhat organically.

I'm hoping for just a big "family reunion" type storyline where a threat brings together Diana, Donna, and Cassie, while at the same time weaving in retelling of their origins as it pertains to meeting Wonder Woman. IOW, due to this nonsensical continuity, use a form of the tell-don't-show method first to facilitate their coming back together again, then show us that relationship in the present going forward by way of the characters interacting more, crossing over more, etc.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-20-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I would like to see a Wonder Family featured in something. I think it's time for it.

I would like to be introduced to a NEW Fury, who isn't Helena Kosmatos, but could be Greek. As we have a blond WG, Cassie, and might have a blond Hippolyta, again, this new Fury could be a brown-toned Cyprian Greek ..or a North African redhead.

I would like to see Diana, Donna, Artemis, Fury, the Queen and Prince Jason (a new ) featured. I would like to see them take down a threat, perhaps, ..together. Seeing, at least, WW, Donna, Cassie and Artemis - the Jimenez Wonder Family - in action, together, would be satisying. Can we have that much?

I don't give Phil Jimenez enough credit, beyond echoing our mutual hero, George Perez. Phil gave us, for the first time, since Kanigher, ..a genuine Wonder Woman Family. I think we're ready for that, again.

I haven't given up on seeing a recurring, superhuman male ally established. I would like to see Prince Jason return. I would like to see Sensation hero, Sargon the Sorcerer, introduced, as a recurring ally and friend of Diana's, ..if only because it would be cool to give her an in-house sorcerer ally, rather than importing Zatanna, Xanadu, Raven or whoever. I would like to see Perez's heroic Hercules, who fought beside his Amazon sisters in WOGs, given another chance, as an ally for Diana. He's such a boring and dopey villain...why not?

I would also like to see more of Ocean City, ..namely, the ARGUE HQ. I would like to see Ocean City distinguished for something unique, among DCU 's iconic cities.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-20-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    A marriage wouldn't work and would be really forced at this point. Her relationship with Steve is basically new again, you have to build it up as such. The last thing you do is try to "keep up" with Lois and Clark or Bat and Cat just on principle. It's not there yet. You marry her off to Steve now and within a few years time we'll be getting some terrible divorce storyline. If DC wants them to be an iconic thing again, keep building it somewhat organically.

I'm hoping for just a big "family reunion" type storyline where a threat brings together Diana, Donna, and Cassie, while at the same time weaving in retelling of their origins as it pertains to meeting Wonder Woman. IOW, due to this nonsensical continuity, use a form of the tell-don't-show method first to facilitate their coming back together again, then show us that relationship in the present going forward by way of the characters interacting more, crossing over more, etc.

I like your idea for the Diana/Donna/Cassie story. I think it's long overdue and the special 750th issue would be a great place to showcase it.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Yeah its definitely past time for it. By the way I didn't mean to come off so forceful on the marriage issue. I just saw it again and didn't like how it came across, sorry for that. I would just like to see their dynamic worked on a lot more first.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'd like to do something wild, dramatic, and epic for #85/#750... something surprising and unlike other anniversary issues.

I'd make it the first issue of a ten-part epic that sees Wonder Woman rally and join the Wonder Women of the multiverse in an assault on Apokolips to free the worlds of the multiverse from the machinations and wrath of Darkseid and promote love and empathy throughout the multiverse. Include the various Troias and Wonder Girls and Furies as well, as they topple Parademons, the Female Furies, and Darkseid's Elite to get to Darkseid himself.

I'd go for something awe-inspiring that would change the power dynamics
    Last edited by WonderScott; 09-21-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Yeah its definitely past time for it. By the way I didn't mean to come off so forceful on the marriage issue. I just saw it again and didn't like how it came across, sorry for that. I would just like to see their dynamic worked on a lot more first.

You didn't come across as forceful. You're right in the regard that the relationship is sort of new again. Me, being a fan of Diana for decades though, can overlook that a bit I guess. I would just like to see Diana and Steve cemented as a couple.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is going to be smack dab in the middle of Orlando's first arc, so I wonder if that's taking a break for an issue or we're getting it as a main feature and some bonus stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    You didn't come across as forceful. You're right in the regard that the relationship is sort of new again. Me, being a fan of Diana for decades though, can overlook that a bit I guess. I would just like to see Diana and Steve cemented as a couple.
    K, I just didn't want it to seem I was trashing on you.

K, I just didn't want it to seem I was trashing on you.

Please......I've deal with much, much worse on this forum especially when Azzarello was on the title. Your reply was a cake-walk compared to some others. It's good to have differing opinions as long as we're respectful when stating them.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

All-Star Talent Celebrates 96-Page WONDER WOMAN #750:

Press Release

AN ALL-STAR COLLECTION OF CREATIVE TALENT CELEBRATE WONDER WOMAN THIS JANUARY IN LANDMARK ISSUE

Oversize Wonder Woman #750 to Feature Thrilling Stories from Princess Diana’s Past, Present, and Future

Milestone Comic Book to Also Feature Retailer Variants from Comics’ Best Artists Spanning the 1940s to the Present

BURBANK, CA (October 18, 2019) – Longtime favorite DC storytellers team up with acclaimed new voices in a celebration of the Amazon Princess Diana as the publisher revealed details today for Wonder Woman #750, scheduled to hit comic book stores and participating online retailers on January 22, 2020.

Wonder Woman #750 is a 96-page tribute to one of pop culture’s most enduring heroes, containing stories from writers such as legendary Wonder Woman writers Greg Rucka and Gail Simone, as well as fan-favorite scribes Vita Ayala, Marguerite Bennett, Jeff Loveness, and current Wonder Woman writer Steve Orlando. They’ll be joined by a variety of new WW storytellers, including Kami Garcia (Teen Titans: Raven, Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity), Shannon and Dean Hale (the upcoming Diana: Princess of the Amazons), and Mariko Tamaki (Supergirl: Being Super, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass).

Featuring a stunning cover from Catwoman writer/artist Joëlle Jones, artists include Colleen Doran, Jesus Merino, Wonder Woman Rebirth’s Nicola Scott, Elena Casagrade, and Gabriel Picolo, with more artist announcements to follow.

Participating comic book retailers will have something extra special for hardcore collectors and ardent Wonder Woman fans alike. A collection of comics’ most popular and talented artists will render a series of variant covers for this momentous issue, depicting the Amazon Princess in different eras from the 1940s to present day:

1940s variant cover by Joshua Middleton
    1950s variant cover by Jenny Frison
    1960s variant cover by J. Scott Campbell
    1970s variant cover by Olivier Coipel
    1980s variant cover by George Pérez
    1990s variant cover by Brian Bolland
    2000s variant cover by Adam Hughes
    2010s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams

Wonder Woman #750 is a 96-page prestige format one-shot comic book, debuting in comic book stores and participating online retailers January 22, 2020, for $9.99.

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/47467-all-...woman-750.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    We have a cast. Perhaps #85 could visit Prince Jason in the Dark Dimension.
    They should let him be. He was a poor character due to how dc used him. We also have the fact Donna and Cassie are much longer establish characters who need more attentions than Jason.

That's some very long hair for Diana from #750.

So, I take it that's the Joelle Jones cover in the post above?