Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Wonder Woman starting to look like an adventure comic, again.
    The question is how long will it last.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The question is how long will it last.
    Until 5G hits. Unless Orlando is writing 5G WW, he (and Tynion Batman) will only be on for 15 issues if the rumors are true.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    OMG! First - I love Nicola Scott's cover with the images of WW costumes through the ages. There are a few details here and there like the eagle toes resting on the belt but, I honestly didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out. Maybe I was just geeking over this image and Nicola's fantasticly beautiful artwork to care. Her work on the sneak peak with the Cheetah double-page spread. Wow! Nicola is definitely one of my fav WW artists of all time. I put her up there with Perez, Jiminez, Hughes and Ross. Her work has such joy and life for me. Can't wait!
    I also LOVE Nicola Scott's art - especially on Wonder Woman! I think she renders this modern version of her costume in the best possible way. She even makes The Cheetah look scary and menacing again. Lately, poor Cheetah has been looking more and more cartoonish when drawn by other artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I also LOVE Nicola Scott's art - especially on Wonder Woman! I think she renders this modern version of her costume in the best possible way. She even makes The Cheetah look scary and menacing again. Lately, poor Cheetah has been looking more and more cartoonish when drawn by other artists.
    Where are you seeing Nicola's Cheetah?

I googled and saw these, she draws the sexiest Batman I've ever seen.

Superman Action-Comics-1000-Nicola-Scott-bigger.jpg

Batman Detective-Comics-1000-Batman-Through-The-Ages-Nicola-Scott.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Where are you seeing Nicola's Cheetah?
    https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-750-comic-preview/

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Thank-you Son Of Baldwin!

Incredible Member

These interlocking covers are great, and I'd love to see the pencils for the full piece. I especially like both the Golden Age one and how very creepy Dr. Psycho is. The look of Perez's Psycho is my second favorite take.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Those Jim Lee covers are mostly awesome, especially for the inclusions of the classic villains, Donna, the jet and best of all old school Holliday Girl Etta Candy!

Questions/complaints:
    - The dude next to Dr. Poison with the scar is the only one I don't recognize. Ares is the only major villain absent, is that him?
    - If that's Pandora, why the hell is she there? Could have used Cale, Silver Swan or Dr. Cyber instead
    - GO AWAY MAX LORD I HATE YOU

Oh, wow, Jim Lee’s Golden Age homage may be my new favorite. I keep changing my mind!

I’m happy they’re finally coming these big group shots for heroes other than Batman. Looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Those Jim Lee covers are mostly awesome, especially for the inclusions of the classic villains, Donna, the jet and best of all old school Holliday Girl Etta Candy!

Questions/complaints:
    - The dude next to Dr. Poison with the scar is the only one I don't recognize. Ares is the only major villain absent, is that him?
    - If that's Pandora, why the hell is she there? Could have used Cale, Silver Swan or Dr. Cyber instead
    - GO AWAY MAX LORD I HATE YOU
    Scar is the Wilson incarnation of Ares I believe, who wanted to be a good guy.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Scar is the Wilson incarnation of Ares I believe, who wanted to be a good guy.
    Yeah, and Pandora is actually Grail

Incredible Member

Those Jim Lee covers are absolutely gorgeous, and I love his version of First Born. His Cheetah looks menacingly monstrous and Dr. Poison looks absolutely demented. The villains chosen are great - except for maybe Egg Fu - the main supporting cast is present and Wonder Woman looks regal and powerful in every shot. I did notice that Dr. Poison and Ares share a cover and so do Maxwell Lord and Cheetah. I wonder if this is some hint that the next Wonder Woman film will feature Dr. Psycho and Grail as the main villains. I joke of course.

I'm getting excited about the 750 issue, and I hope these villains are actually represented in the stories as well.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The pencil for Jim Lee's variant from his Twitter

ELjd_SuU4AENLtl.jpg

Wait, which one's First Born? The one that looks like Vandal Savage?

Why is Pandora there? Because she's from Greek Mythology?

I guess it's official... Max Lord is Wonder Woman villain now... they just need to actually create the story

I never heard of Egg Fu...

Also, Cassie's not there huh?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-15-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The pencil for Jim Lee's variant from his Twitter

ELjd_SuU4AENLtl.jpg

Wait, which one's First Born? The one that looks like Vandal Savage?

Why is Pandora there? Because she's from Greek Mythology?

I guess it's official... Max Lord is Wonder Woman villain now... they just need to actually create the story

I never heard of Egg Fu...

Also, Cassie's not there huh?

I think the villains on this cover from left to right are:

First Born

Maxwell Lord

Circe

Cheetah

Ares

Dr. Poison

Grail

Giganta

Egg Fu

Dr. Psycho

While I love this cover to death, I'm a bit disappointed that Lee didn't include a few more Golden Age/World War II villains such as Queen Clea, Duke of Deception, Paula Von Gunther, Kung, & Baron Blitzkreig.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.