Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Having children would require the actual movement of time which is a big taboo in the Big 2, gladly, so no, it'll never happen
    Corrected that for you.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Harry and Liz have Normie in the mid 80s. What is he, 5 years old by now? If baby May ever resurfaced, she could be 3 years old when introduced and stay young child forever since Normie can't age either without conveying more passage of time.
    I thought he was like seven or something, though I can't be sure. Kids age weird in the MU.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    It could be a dark tale if Marvel have their way to spread OMD into the multiverse where prime earth Peter and mj are going to each verse and begging their counterparts to give up the soul of their offspring/s as each one has a sliver of the soul of may day.and they need it to reconstitute her soul. After much fighting blood sweat tears when the soul is reconstituted it will instead provide Mephisto the power to get all Peter/mj pairings omded across the multiverse.
    Given how dark some of Marvel stories have gotten....I can almost see this happening.

I hope not. If OMD is ever undone, I expect it to be done in the less convoluted way
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I hope not. If OMD is ever undone, I expect it to be done in the less convoluted way
    Undoing OMD is inherently convoluted.

I don't care how, but I think Peter and MJ need to know about the alternative timeline where they were married and that Mephisto has messed with their lives. There is no way to be worse than OMD, so I'd be fine if a giant blue smurf appeared, told MJ and Peter a synopsis of the full story, mumbled something about Mephisto really being Gargamel and then poofed away.

The kids can be involved, fine. But I'm not seeing it as being important.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

For me I don't want OMD undone as such as Peter learning about it and growing from it, I don't need Peter/MJ married again respectfully been there read it and i'm not interested. However the massive problem for me was Peter even agreeing to the deal. Plus some consequences for Mary Jane would be nice IMO maybe her learning about the MC2 and OMD is more than enough because I don't want her bashed but seriously just do that and then move on to other stories, I would really like some Peter/Gwen but I'll accept anything new.
    Truth is the best policy

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    For me I don't want OMD undone as such as Peter learning about it and growing from it, I don't need Peter/MJ married again respectfully been there read it and i'm not interested. However the massive problem for me was Peter even agreeing to the deal. Plus some consequences for Mary Jane would be nice IMO maybe her learning about the MC2 and OMD is more than enough because I don't want her bashed but seriously just do that and then move on to other stories, I would really like some Peter/Gwen but I'll accept anything new.
    Ditto, I simply can't get passed how this has, IMHO, morally tainted Peter Parker. OMD needs to be resolved for the good of the character and franchise. Peter & MJ might not remember what happened but we the readers do.

I also approve of your Peter/Gwen idea, except I'd prefer Peter/Spider-Gwen (not the 65 version but another variant).
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-25-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Why would you say you want something new and then give one of the most tired and predictable Spider-Man pairings ever?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Harry and Liz have Normie in the mid 80s. What is he, 5 years old by now? If baby May ever resurfaced, she could be 3 years old when introduced and stay young child forever since Normie can't age either without conveying more passage of time.
    You know...I've often wondered how the illusion of the passage of time works for Peter when other people who are the same age as he is are having life events... I think we are just lucky Peter made it into adulthood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know...I've often wondered how the illusion of the passage of time works for Peter when other people who are the same age as he is are having life events... I think we are just lucky Peter made it into adulthood.
    In recent years, I've joked that eventually, Peter will be in the same age group as Miles, Riri, Kamala & Spider-Gwen because they'll continue to slowly age up while he stays the same or even slips backward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Having children would require the actual movement of time which is a big taboo in the Big 2, gladly, so no, it'll never happen
    Ruined that for you.
    And corrected THAT for you...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    And corrected THAT for you...
    What do you have against children?!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    In recent years, I've joked that eventually, Peter will be in the same age group as Miles, Riri, Kamala & Spider-Gwen because they'll continue to slowly age up while he stays the same or even slips backward.
    Watch them find a way to say that all of Peter's peers in college and high school were significantly older than him to find a way to explain why someone like Harry would clearly be in his 30's with a child while Peter is still in his mid 20's. I can see it now "Peter was actually a college freshman at 18-19 who was dating Gwen, who was a graduate student, who was almost a decade older than him. They were in the same classes because, he was just that smart"

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Watch them find a way to say that all of Peter's peers in college and high school were significantly older than him to find a way to explain why someone like Harry would clearly be in his 30's with a child while Peter is still in his mid 20's. I can see it now "Peter was actually a college freshman at 18-19 who was dating Gwen, who was a graduate student, who was almost a decade older than him. They were in the same classes because, he was just that smart"
    Don't give them any ideas lol.

No doubt something like this will eventually happen and I fear sooner rather than later (say within the next five years or so of real-time) given Editorial's obsession with de-aging/keeping Pete young however possible.

I'm waiting for the OMD of age regression stories for Pete, and maybe Aunt May. Somehow Pete gets de-aged to a teen and decides he likes being a kid again or is otherwise stuck that way for some reason.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-05-2020 at 01:39 PM.