Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Can the children of Spider-Man and Mary Jane be the ones to end OMD ?

Given yesterday issue of JJ Abrahams and son Spider-Man story it got me thinking: We’ve seen various alternative world where Spider-Man and Mary Jane are parents to children that end up getting Spider-Man’s Powers ?

So what if this is Marvels Endgame for the webhead ? Letting the children of Spider-Man help reverse OMD, and at the cost of their world being destroyed in the process. At least that’s how I see it.

Also you know how they say that the children are the future.

As fans of the Spider-Man kids: What your take on this ?

BANNED

It depends on what kind of story Marvel wants to tell.

The current regime, run tacitly by Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada, doesn't want to end OMD.

someone please rewrite avengers endgame to be about parker spawn pulling a time heist
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

It could be a dark tale if Marvel have their way to spread OMD into the multiverse where prime earth Peter and mj are going to each verse and begging their counterparts to give up the soul of their offspring/s as each one has a sliver of the soul of may day.and they need it to reconstitute her soul. After much fighting blood sweat tears when the soul is reconstituted it will instead provide Mephisto the power to get all Peter/mj pairings omded across the multiverse.

Ugh, no. Because then they're likely to push for them having kids, and I just don't want Spider-Dad to happen in the main continuity (yes I'm aware it kind of happened before...I think).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given yesterday issue of JJ Abrahams and son Spider-Man story it got me thinking: We’ve seen various alternative world where Spider-Man and Mary Jane are parents to children that end up getting Spider-Man’s Powers ?

So what if this is Marvels Endgame for the webhead ? Letting the children of Spider-Man help reverse OMD, and at the cost of their world being destroyed in the process. At least that’s how I see it.

Also you know how they say that the children are the future.

As fans of the Spider-Man kids: What your take on this ?
    I actually like that. It would be interesting to write down a Spider-Verse's story involving all the alternative versions of Peter and MJ's children.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It depends on what kind of story Marvel wants to tell.

The current regime, run tacitly by Chief Creative Officer Quesada, doesn't want to end OMD.
    I am more positive about OMD/BND coming to an end. Why? 1: I go back to Dan Slott who. ( despite RYV) could not find a use for MJ in 616. Now, it is 180 degrees opposite direction. We are seeing lots of MJ. My prediction is the end of this nightmare story will go hand and hand with Kindred.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am more positive about OMD/BND coming to an end. Why? 1: I go back to Dan Slott who. ( despite RYV) could not find a use for MJ in 616. Now, it is 180 degrees opposite direction. We are seeing lots of MJ. My prediction is the end of this nightmare story will go hand and hand with Kindred.
    And into a new nightmare.

Dunno; we've had teases of OMD ending before in one way or another and none of them panned out.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Dunno; we've had teases of OMD ending before in one way or another and none of them panned out.
    Isn’t it entirely possible that all of the “teases” were just projections made by the fandom?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Isn’t it entirely possible that all of the “teases” were just projections made by the fandom?
    Or trolling efforts by Editorial?

Anything is possible I suppose.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Some could be. Don't think the OMD jokes in Deadpool were projections, though. Also recall official artwork for an upcoming project way back when that had MJ in a wedding dress reaching out to Spidey that was clearly went nowhere. Heck, when RYV dropped, we weren't told it was an AU until well after that first cover (and variant covers for other series depicting the character's relationship) was revealed (although I'm not sure the target audience minded as much once it got an ongoing).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

They are just alternate Universes.

Does not count, since it is not Marvel 616.

Astonishing Member

Having children would require the actual movement of time which is a big taboo in the Big 2, sadly, so no, it'll never happen

Having children would require the actual movement of time which is a big taboo in the Big 2, sadly, so no, it'll never happen
    Harry and Liz have Normie in the mid 80s. What is he, 5 years old by now? If baby May ever resurfaced, she could be 3 years old when introduced and stay young child forever since Normie can't age either without conveying more passage of time.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-20-2019 at 07:00 PM.