Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What do you have against children?!
    I don't have anything against children. I support Spider-Man and Mary Jane having kids.

One More Day is Over. It's been over for a long time. Spider-man sacrificed something to do the right thing. That's typical Spider-man. And in the end, evil still lost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One More Day is Over.
    Quite obviously it is not.

Thumbs up

One More Day is Over. It's been over for a long time. Spider-man sacrificed something to do the right thing. That's typical Spider-man. And in the end, evil still lost.
    How exactly did evil lose? Mephisto got what he wanted and all these years later the infamous deal is still in place with Spidey none the wiser. If anything evil or the villain won. Sure, one can argue Pete achieved his selfish objective but that doesn't take away from the fact Mephisto also achieved his objective. While I hate to revisit this topic your statement is factually untrue.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-06-2020 at 09:06 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    How exactly did evil lose? Mephisto got what he wanted and all these years later the infamous deal is still in place with Spidey none the wiser. If anything evil or the villain won. Sure, one can argue Pete achieved his selfish objective but that doesn't take away from the fact Mephisto also achieved his objective. While I hate to revisit this topic your statement is factually untrue.
    Giving up his marriage to save his beloved aunt is selfish; For who exactly? For MJ, because for him it was a selfless act. And what exactly did Mephisto achieve by breaking up the marriage, what great thing did he get from that. Marriages end all the time, the divorce rate is through the roof. The MU didn't end because Peter and MJ's marriage ended. Spiderman is still Spiderman at the end of the day, he is still the selfless hero he as always been. The idea that he is no longer a hero because he is no longer married is baffling. OMD is in the past, let it say buried and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Giving up his marriage to save his beloved aunt is selfish; For who exactly?....
    Aunt May told him (in spirit form) she was at peace and to let her go, he couldn't because he didn't want to take the blame for "killing her" because it would "tear him in two". Such a stance seems pretty selfish from where I stand especially when the only way it can be actualized is via a literal deal with a devil stand-in. People can rationalize this as much as they want but at the end of the day it's still a W for Mephisto who is undisputedly one of the evilest beings in Marvel
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-06-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Is everybody forgetting that the story continued in Spider-man and Deadpool? Taking away the marriage was supposed to be the first step in Spider-man's downfall. It was part of a larger plan to completely and irredeemably corrupt and crush Spider-man's noble spirit.

And it didn't work.

OMD wasn't the battle. It was just the first punch.

BANNED

Is everybody forgetting that the story continued in Spider-man and Deadpool?
    Dubiously canon. Put in tongue-in-cheek jokey comic. Irrelevant.

Is everybody forgetting that the story continued in Spider-man and Deadpool? Taking away the marriage was supposed to be the first step in Spider-man's downfall. It was part of a larger plan to completely and irredeemably corrupt and crush Spider-man's noble spirit.

And it didn't work.

OMD wasn't the battle. It was just the first punch.
    Not at all. I remember the attempt at damage control, which fell far short IMO. Any such attempt will never be completely successful until Peter remembers the deal and comes to terms with his now tainted past. I don't need the marriage back but I need Peter to remember so there can be closure as he'll get a chance to learn from his mistake (hopefully) preventing any similar missteps in the future. Until then, Big Red still has his W.

Not at all. I remember the attempt at damage control, which fell far short IMO. Any such attempt will never be completely successful until Peter remembers the deal and comes to terms with his now tainted past. I don't need the marriage back but I need Peter to remember so there can be closure as he'll get a chance to learn from his mistake (hopefully) preventing any similar missteps in the future. Until then, Big Red still has his W.
    What do you want him to learn? That it's okay to let people die if saving them will inconvenience you? That's the exact opposite of what Spider-man is all about.

What do you want him to learn? That it's okay to let people die if saving them will inconvenience you? That's the exact opposite of what Spider-man is all about.
    That he needs to let go and grow up be, well, responsible. That sometimes the only choices are bad ones but you still have to choose. That choosing not to choose to not play by the rules is wrong. Realize that not every problem has a solution or a quick fix. That turning to evil to do "good" is never justifiable.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given yesterday issue of JJ Abrahams and son Spider-Man story it got me thinking: We’ve seen various alternative world where Spider-Man and Mary Jane are parents to children that end up getting Spider-Man’s Powers ?

So what if this is Marvels Endgame for the webhead ? Letting the children of Spider-Man help reverse OMD, and at the cost of their world being destroyed in the process. At least that’s how I see it.

Also you know how they say that the children are the future.

As fans of the Spider-Man kids: What your take on this ?
    Funny, I had an idea like this some time ago. A story where all incarnations of Peter and Mary Jane's kids undo OMD. It would have Mayday from MC2, Annie May from Renew Your Vows, May Belle (from Battleworld's Warzone), Claire and Ben from "A whole Life".... Am I forgetting someone?

And in a sick twist, we have Spider-Man's children with other women opposing them, like Benjy (Gwen Stacy) from "House of M" and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Funny, I had an idea like this some time ago. A story where all incarnations of Peter and Mary Jane's kids undo OMD. It would have Mayday from MC2, Annie May from Renew Your Vows, May Belle (from Battleworld's Warzone), Claire and Ben from "A whole Life".... Am I forgetting someone?

And in a sick twist, we have Spider-Man's children with other women opposing them, like Benjy (Gwen Stacy) from "House of M" and others.
    LMAO, this would make the Spidey Shipping Wars so much worse. I love it.

That he needs to let go and grow up be, well, responsible. That sometimes the only choices are bad ones but you still have to choose. That choosing not to choose to not play by the rules is wrong. Realize that not every problem has a solution or a quick fix. That turning to evil to do "good" is never justifiable.
    You seem to be sending mixed message here. He has to choose, but he can't choose the bad choice. But ever choice is bad. But he can't pick the bad choice.

You want him to be responsible but at the same time you want him to go "well, there's nothing I can do about this. Time to move on," when there very much IS something he can do about it.

You seem to be sending mixed message here. He has to choose, but he can't choose the bad choice. But ever choice is bad. But he can't pick the bad choice.

You want him to be responsible but at the same time you want him to go "well, there's nothing I can do about this. Time to move on," when there very much IS something he can do about it.
    Making a deal with a monster is not being responsible.

As far as your earlier argument about "inconvenience" goes this choice was anything but. Peter wanted to save Aunt May badly from his POV the inconvenient option was to let nature take its course. Heck, besides Aunt May herself Marvel's God the One Above All told him Aunt May should die. Yet Peter selfishly decided he knew better than Aunt May herself and even freaking God so he made a deal with a known demonic entity never once considering the possible long-term ramifications of such a pact on himself, others or worst of all the world at large!!!

#NotMySpidey
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-06-2020 at 10:28 PM.