Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm pro-choice and all, but what if the mutant woman doesn't want to abort?
    And even if pregnancy is obsolete, are we to assume that no one is having sex? And aren't their mutants with powers that would make birth control ineffective?.
    I can't think of one
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Over in the Brand New Day Spider-Man comics, right before Grim Hunt, Curt Connors completely lost control of the Lizard, who proceeded to kill and eat his own son Billy, which completely destroyed Curt's personality, leaving behind only the Lizard, who somehow gained the power to tap into the "reptilian" portion of the human brain and make people act on their most savage and primal impulses. That was Shed.
    I feel sick
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I feel sick
    And then in a later storyline, Morbius dug up Billy's half-eaten corpse and stuck in the same freezer he used to store his blood bags, the ones he ate for lunch.

This has no bearings on what we're talking about, I just like to bring it up.

I think that all will be new and different, by a year or two and then we will get back at point zero.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I think that all will be new and different, by a year or two and then we will get back at point zero.
    And we'll be happy for it after all this weird stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I hope not. They've promised that Hickman's era will be as important as Claremont. Heck, I'd settle for it being as important as Morrison and Whedon.

Extraordinary Member

Hickman does have an out if fans don't like this take, though.

Incredible Member

The Xmen haven't been this interesting to me in nearly twenty years. Let this be the new status quo.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I feel sick
    You should. It was messed up and heinous.

And then in a later storyline, Morbius dug up Billy's half-eaten corpse and stuck in the same freezer he used to store his blood bags, the ones he ate for lunch.

And then Ben Reilly, as the Jackal, used said half-eaten corpse as raw material to "reanimate" a new Billy Connors that had to be turned into a Lizard like his father to survive when Ben went off the rails over Peter calling him out on what he was doing and tried to wipe out the human race so he could "reanimate" them all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A lot of stuff that Morrison did has stuck.
    -- Jean Grey died and remained dead between 2004-2018. That's actually longer than the time she stayed dead post-Dark Phoenix Saga.
    -- Emma Frost reformed and shacked up with Cyclops, a romance which lasted real-time for 10 years. And Emma Frost is now aligned with the X-Men and has been reformed. Morrison's take on Emma, as this Mean Girl Wears Prada type has remained her default characterization.
    -- New characters Morrison introduced have become and remained lasting features -- Stepford Cuckoos, Quentin Quire, Cassandra Nova.
    -- Concepts like secondary mutations and so on.

The only thing that got reversed big time was Planet X where Morrison tried to give Magneto his own SHED. I personally blame that story on Morrison's editors and chiefly Quesada. He/they didn't want to look like bad guys saying no to Morrison, the first (and as it turned out only) star of the British Invasion to helm one of their core titles, so they ended up looking like fools when they clumsily tried to revert to the status-quo.

Considering how many heads got turned by "Moira X" and how well it was received, I doubt people are going to go, "Psych! Moira just thought she was a mutant, the memories were impanted by the identical triplet sister of yada-yada-yada". I think that's going to stick and continue.
    I meant their status quo, since Morrison made it look like mutants would eventualy have an optmistic future, and then **** like Wanda wiping out mutants happened to make mutants really miserable, and then Marvel trying to villify them for reasons... Haven't read Hickman's stuff on X-Men yet, but I hear that he's going on a more optmistic route with X-Men, and I was wondering if once he's done, other writters will make a House of M 2: Electric Bugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And then Ben Reilly, as the Jackal, used said half-eaten corpse as raw material to "reanimate" a new Billy Connors that had to be turned into a Lizard like his father to survive when Ben went off the rails over Peter calling him out on what he was doing and tried to wipe out the human race so he could "reanimate" them all.
    I like it how this escaled from "Some guy killed his family" to "Some guy ate a kid's corpse" to "Some lunatic wants to kill everyone", if it weren't for Hunted, I'd be wondering if anything related to Billy would have multiversal genocides with the kind of escalation his presence was having

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I meant their status quo, since Morrison made it look like mutants would eventualy have an optmistic future,
    In what sense? I re-read Morrison's run recently and I didn't get that sense of things at all. It opens with the genocide of Genosha. Then we have internal schisms in mutantkind leading to the riot at Xavier's mansion and the death of a student on campus, and then the finale, Here Comes Tomorrow is very much a DOFP-style rumination and the way to avert it is apparently...Cyclops snogging Emma on Jean's grave. Basically Morrison's run peaks at Riot at Xavier's. And the rest of his run while having moments here and there is a poor and weak finish.

There was stuff like Mutant Town and a sense of mutants forming culture and identity and so on. But Morrison didn't exactly show that as utopian or without complications.

...and then **** like Wanda wiping out mutants happened to make mutants really miserable, and then Marvel trying to villify them for reasons...
    Again, rights issues. And so on.

Haven't read Hickman's stuff on X-Men yet, but I hear that he's going on a more optmistic route with X-Men,
    Based on his run on FF and Avengers, I think he'll put the Merry Mutants through the ringer but eventually have them land on their feet and recover and reclaim themselves. His run on FF begins with the phrase 'Solve Everything', and the Avengers begins with the phrase 'Everything Dies" and the conclusion of Secret Wars 2015 is "Everything Lives". So ultimately there was a solution to everything.

...and I was wondering if once he's done, other writters will make a House of M 2: Electric Bugaloo
    Not if Disney sell the rights of X-Men to someone else, which they are not likely to do so.

The reasons for House of M and the moratorium that Quesada declared on the X-Men corner was transparently and brazenly a case of the rights issues with Marvel handicapping an IP whose rights they didn't have full control over in favor of IP which they fully controlled.

Now that this isn't a problem, I don't see any need for "no more mutants".

If Hickman writes an awesome run one which writers after him want to pick up and follow threads on, then I don't see why there would be similar reversals.

House of M happened because Quesada didn't feel like Mutants were an actual minority with so many of hem running around. It wasn't a rights issues thing. Though that did start affecting the line more seriously later in regards to the Inhumans push.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In what sense? I re-read Morrison's run recently and I didn't get that sense of things at all. It opens with the genocide of Genosha. Then we have internal schisms in mutantkind leading to the riot at Xavier's mansion and the death of a student on campus, and then the finale, Here Comes Tomorrow is very much a DOFP-style rumination and the way to avert it is apparently...Cyclops snogging Emma on Jean's grave. Basically Morrison's run peaks at Riot at Xavier's. And the rest of his run while having moments here and there is a poor and weak finish.

There was stuff like Mutant Town and a sense of mutants forming culture and identity and so on. But Morrison didn't exactly show that as utopian or without complications.
    Huh, I guess I remembered it very horribly then, I should read it again to see what really happened, and what made me reach such a conclusion.

The reasons for House of M and the moratorium that Quesada declared on the X-Men corner was transparently and brazenly a case of the rights issues with Marvel handicapping an IP whose rights they didn't have full control over in favor of IP which they fully controlled.

Now that this isn't a problem, I don't see any need for "no more mutants".
    You sure? I remember it was Quesada thinking that there are too many mutants, and wanted to trim their numbers, could be both though, or maybe I'm wrong about this too.

If Hickman writes an awesome run one which writers after him want to pick up and follow threads on, then I don't see why there would be similar reversals.
    "If" is the big problem here, because we may get a writter after him who, if we assume Hickman makes the future look brighter, said next writter may hate it for not being "real X-Men" and make them miserable again.

Not saying that it will happen, just that it's a possibility, comic books do love their status quo after all, it'd be nice if a change happened, a good one of course lol.

So... what do you think of Latveria rejecting Krakoa's offers? That has some implications.