Mighty Member

Default Young Justice Member getting own book?

Hello
    I read here
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2019/page33

that it was said that a YJ member will get his/her own book, according to an Interview.

I didnt read the interview, but its the Amethyst Series OR is also another YJ member getting his/her own series?

It could be Tim and Steph. Bendis said they are being used by the Batbooks soon.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Here's the relevant part.

Nrama: Brian, are there any other DC characters you want to bring to the Wonder Comics group? Maybe some Young Justice characters with their own solo series?

Bendis: Yes, yes. Amethyst is going to be coming up next by Amy Reeder. She’s been working on it all year. It’s gorgeous.

I get a bit hyper about this, I love this imprint. After that we’ll be doing a Jinny Hex one-shot, and then we have a couple more coming – one of which is a Young Justice character and another writer literally this week just hit me with the best pitch ever. That was not on our radar, but I think it's going to go because it's such a good idea.

Nrama: I’m just hoping for more Stephanie Brown. That’s who I would like to see.

Bendis: Oh, thank you. Yeah, no, people really responded well to Tim and Stephanie. There's Bat office plans with that stuff, I do know. So that’s being taken care of. But if it wasn't, I would've definitely grabbed both of them for something because, obviously, I'm enjoying writing them a great deal.

But yes - look for more Wonder Comics over the year. We're not going to have like four come out at once, like when we launched, but when they're ready, they're going to come out.
    Neither Amy nor Tim are what is meant by another YJ member getting a book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm 100% sold on Amy Reeder's Amethyst book! Sounds dope.

My guess is Teen Lantern. Hopefully they save Wonder Girl for when I can write her, ha ha (but I'm serious).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm gonna guess Tynion's gonna bring Tim and Steph back to his bat book since he likes them, so it won't be them.

Hey this is referring to what I posted.

Well having read the interview again, it seems the Young Justice part might have to do with the oneshots, he mentions the Jenny Hex one-shot, how there is a couple more [oneshots], one of which is a Young Justice character.

And I think it's safe to assume that it's possibly Teen Lantern, since Jenny who is very new is also getting a one-shot.

Which means the idea that was recently pitched by a writer is possibly a mini involving a teen/young character that's not related to a current Young Justice member.

Which means it's probably a Teen Titan? Could be a way to reintroduce someone who hasn't appeared since New 52 removed most of them.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which means it's probably a Teen Titan? Could be a way to reintroduce someone who hasn't appeared since New 52 removed most of them.
    I feel like it'll probably be Beast Boy or Raven.Neither of them have shown up in a while.Now that I think on it, the only relevant characters associated with the TT franchise who haven't been derailed recently are Beast Boy, Raven and Terra.

Although Aqualad (Jackson not Garth) has been showing up in Aquaman recently.Maybe he's getting a series as part of a push?

Actually, it hasn't been too long since Gar and Rave showed up. They both appear in the Titans: Burning Rage title, which reprints the Teen Titans Walmart Giant. And both Titans and Raven: Daughter of Darkness only ended earlier this year.