The legacy continues...

Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The legacy continues...

That is awesome.

variant for U.S.AVENGERS #1

BANNED

I almost lost my interest in collecting the USG comics.

First is, the comic shop where I order comics was not able to provide me issue #5 and it was the issue that I've been looking forward the most because it is where how SG defeated Doom. (Thanks Tiamatty for the digital code)

Second is, I kinda have second thoughts sharing it to my friends because of the way it is drawn.

Third, beautiful art is more effective in reading comics.

I have to admit, I didn't read #6 to 10 seriously especially that I'm not a fan of Mole Man.

But what made me continue to collect it?

She is one of my favorite comic character.

I thought that I already started collecting it so I should finish it even if I missed one so I won't missed more.

I've felt closer feelings for Ryan North and Erica Henderson as a writer and artist, thanks to their page of replying to fans letters.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 10-01-2016 at 04:06 PM.

BANNED

When you see the word or hear the word "Unbeatable" , do you think of Squirrel Girl?

Well, it actually happened to me last night while I was walking and I saw a guy wearing a shirt with a print "Unbeatable" and I though of Squirrel Girl right away.

And that's how I have realized why it's a good thing to put an adjective to a certain comic character because the word will be connected/synonymous to them.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    When you see the word or hear the word "Unbeatable" , do you think of Squirrel Girl?

Well, it actually happened to me last night while I was walking and I saw a guy wearing a shirt with a print "Unbeatable" and I though of Squirrel Girl right away.

And that's how I have realized why it's a good thing to put an adjective to a certain comic character because the word will be connected/synonymous to them.
    Yes I do actually! not a big fan of mole man fan either but it was good. pretty funny when she overheard one the students referring to her a " woodchuck chick"
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl continues to be a highlight of my month. Before I read every issue, I wonder if it can be as funny and clever as the last. Of course, it always is.

Honestly the only reason I'm not reading USG is the art. And it's a biiiig reason.

I've never actually hated someone's work before. I tend to say stuff like "it isn't for me" and stuff. But this art is soooooooo bad. I showed it to so many people and they all laughed at it. Made fun of me for reading Marvel comics.....

I really like Doreen. I want to read more about her. But I don't my eyes to suffer while doing that.

Anyone else love her and Tippy Toe making Vermin's rats go on strike in New Avengers?
    I surrender to the Contest

I did! Al Ewing really nailed their voice in this issue, which isn't the easiest thing to do. In All-New Wolverine, Tom Taylor didn't try to make Doreen speak like she does in her own ongoing, but her overall behavior was unmistakably in character. In New Avengers, it was sometimes hit or miss, but this time was perfect

I loved it when SG and powerman did those thunderclaps. shows that despite her small size she's got a lot of strength. I'm hoping SG gets enraged at garret shooting roberto
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Amazing Member

I finished reading the OGN already, and I was not even a little disappointed, well worth the $20. It's a lot of fun just tracing the logic of it, how she works it out so she has ways of defeating the much more powerful characters (even if they are not always really that plausible), there's this big crazy flow chart at the end that lays it out.

Anyway regarding Dmouse's last comment, you see an (IMO) even more extreme exhibition of strength in the OGN. Minor spoiler below:

Right at a the beginning, before she lies under that one side of the railroad tracks, she straitens out the other side with her bare hands. I mean I just saw Luke Cage bend a bunch of guns on Netflix, and the cross section of a train rail is far larger than a gun, even given that it's lower grade steel, it's still going to be a lot harder to bend. For some perspective, here is a machine that normal people use to prebend train rails. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npSjjFTXwL4

To be honest I feel like North may be overemphasizing her strength and durability at the expense of speed and agility, minor gripe, and it might just be me, I tend to think the acrobatic stuff, and outmaneuvering an opponent rather than overpowering is more fun to watch--SG could be a lot of fun on screen if she navigated the urban landscape the way squirrels navigate tree tops. If you think about jumping 100 or so feet vertically (She has been regularly seen clearing the tops of trees in deciduous forests, which in the US, is about an 85 foot canopy height). The physics are pretty boilerplate, and she would need to accelerate to about 55 mph, in about .02 seconds. Applying some 23000 lbs of force to the ground (depending on how deeply she bends her knees). To me what's remarkable about that (by superhero standards) is not so much the force, but the ability to apply that force in such a sort time. It might make SG one of the most explosive (in the athletic sense) characters in Marvel's stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    I finished reading the OGN already, and I was not even a little disappointed, well worth the $20. It's a lot of fun just tracing the logic of it, how she works it out so she has ways of defeating the much more powerful characters (even if they are not always really that plausible), there's this big crazy flow chart at the end that lays it out.

Anyway regarding Dmouse's last comment, you see an (IMO) even more extreme exhibition of strength in the OGN. Minor spoiler below:

Right at a the beginning, before she lies under that one side of the railroad tracks, she straitens out the other side with her bare hands. I mean I just saw Luke Cage bend a bunch of guns on Netflix, and the cross section of a train rail is far larger than a gun, even given that it's lower grade steel, it's still going to be a lot harder to bend. For some perspective, here is a machine that normal people use to prebend train rails. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npSjjFTXwL4

To be honest I feel like North may be overemphasizing her strength and durability at the expense of speed and agility, minor gripe, and it might just be me, I tend to think the acrobatic stuff, and outmaneuvering an opponent rather than overpowering is more fun to watch--SG could be a lot of fun on screen if she navigated the urban landscape the way squirrels navigate tree tops. If you think about jumping 100 or so feet vertically (She has been regularly seen clearing the tops of trees in deciduous forests, which in the US, is about an 85 foot canopy height). The physics are pretty boilerplate, and she would need to accelerate to about 55 mph, in about .02 seconds. Applying some 23000 lbs of force to the ground (depending on how deeply she bends her knees). To me what's remarkable about that (by superhero standards) is not so much the force, but the ability to apply that force in such a sort time. It might make SG one of the most explosive (in the athletic sense) characters in Marvel's stable.
    yeh I think the strength side is overstated by ryan by quite a bit. always felt marvel could present SG very differently and do a lot more kick-ass moments. don't get me wrong, I'm loving the humour but when I look at doreen in a more objective way it's clear to me she's more powerful than daredevil/black widow/new wolverine/deadpool and most others in the "enhanced strength" catagory. when she and white tiger took out the 3 S.H.I.E.L.D "hulks" it was a classic and not something I see doreen doing enough of