Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Marvel 616 Politics did a 616 Things feature on Squirrel Girl. They looked at 6 things you should know, 1 thing you might not know, and 6 things that should happen with Doreen. Since her book came out today, I thought it'd be appropriate to repost the article. Check it out here and follow them on Facebook here!
    Thanks a lot.

BANNED

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #4.

Well, I did buy the first issue. And it was fun, quirky, and essentially what I expected from the book.

But, as I feared, the art was a huge turn off for me. Im generally the kind of reader who can overlook the art, but I had a really hard time getting past this. I generally enjoy unconventional art styles in comics, but this just did not suit my tastes at all. Which is a shame (for me) since I rather enjoyed the book otherwise.

I might try the second issue and see if I can adjust. But unless my wife really enjoys it (she hasnt had a chance to read this week's books yet) I dont know how long I'll be sticking around. But for those who really enjoyed the book, because or in spite of, the art, Im happy for ya.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I did buy the first issue. And it was fun, quirky, and essentially what I expected from the book.

But, as I feared, the art was a huge turn off for me. Im generally the kind of reader who can overlook the art, but I had a really hard time getting past this. I generally enjoy unconventional art styles in comics, but this just did not suit my tastes at all. Which is a shame (for me) since I rather enjoyed the book otherwise.

I might try the second issue and see if I can adjust. But unless my wife really enjoys it (she hasnt had a chance to read this week's books yet) I dont know how long I'll be sticking around. But for those who really enjoyed the book, because or in spite of, the art, Im happy for ya.
    I see. I totally understand. I'm not a fan of the art too. But Squirrel Girl is one of my favorite comic characters so I will buy every issue of it, no matter what.

I hope your wife will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I see. I totally understand. I'm not a fan of the art too. But Squirrel Girl is one of my favorite comic characters so I will buy every issue of it, no matter what.

I hope your wife will love it.
    So do I. I like supporting unusual titles with different leads than the usual suspects. But I just could not get past the art. What's up with her upper lip? It looks like she's trying to do an Elvis impression in every panel.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So do I. I like supporting unusual titles with different leads than the usual suspects. But I just could not get past the art. What's up with her upper lip? It looks like she's trying to do an Elvis impression in every panel.
    I know. I hope you'll get used to it. Hopefully.

Well, im not still not a big fan of the art, but i think that it fits the tone of the story.

Anyways, even after a week, i still laugh everytime that i remember this:

BANNED

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Bout my Issue of THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #1 the day it came out!

Say, The Art is ok, not my Favorite, but by the end it had a nice flow to it, espically the parts where Doreen is Trying to figure out HOW to beat Kraven! That made me laugh SO HARD! XD

The story got Fun Fast and Having the Backdrop of Doreen going to College is a nice touch, reminds me of young Peter Parker, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

The Dialogue is Funny, adding in the Deadpool Super-Villain Info Cards was a Laugh and how her interact with her squirrel friends, roommate and Kraven where nicely executed!

Most of all, the Best parts where her Friendship and interactions Tippy Toe and How she beat Kraven was clever IMO.

Indeed this Comic will remain on my Pull List at my Local Comic Store Indeed!

Congrats to Doreen for Having her Solo Issue have a Nice Premiere, It has My Support!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I think a poster for the above Art Adams pic came out today too!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Bout my Issue of THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #1 the day it came out!

Say, The Art is ok, not my Favorite, but by the end it had a nice flow to it, espically the parts where Doreen is Trying to figure out HOW to beat Kraven! That made me laugh SO HARD! XD

The story got Fun Fast and Having the Backdrop of Doreen going to College is a nice touch, reminds me of young Peter Parker, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

The Dialogue is Funny, adding in the Deadpool Super-Villain Info Cards was a Laugh and how her interact with her squirrel friends, roommate and Kraven where nicely executed!

Most of all, the Best parts where her Friendship and interactions Tippy Toe and How she beat Kraven was clever IMO.

Indeed this Comic will remain on my Pull List at my Local Comic Store Indeed!

Congrats to Doreen for Having her Solo Issue have a Nice Premiere, It has My Support!

Yehey. I'm so glad you like it CJStriker. I don't have my copy yet. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

Loved the issue, but the art really turns me off from it.

Marvel is known for lovely heroic artwork that flows and creates excitement... Squirrel Girl on the other hand looks like a newspaper comic from the 1950s drawn by a 3 year old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    Loved the issue, but the art really turns me off from it.

Marvel is known for lovely heroic artwork that flows and creates excitement... Squirrel Girl on the other hand looks like a newspaper comic from the 1950s drawn by a 3 year old.
    I know what you mean. We want her to look at least cute and adorable. But let's just accept it. What is important is the story.

Also, Henderson drawing on Doreen is mostly ok. So, let's just be positive. We'll get used to it.

Squirrel girl is so bomb, I love that she is getting the fanfare she deserves, My Buddy Jon talked about her comic in this ep:

Last edited by tomstewdevine; 01-15-2015 at 08:33 AM.

BANNED

Henderson Helps "The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl" Make Her "Marvel Puzzle Quest" Debut: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58512

Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 01-16-2015 at 05:57 AM.