Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1444

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This isn't the new design for the comics - it's for a cartoon.
    The fear that the comic's look will change to match the cartoon's is a real fear. It's existent for Marvel's movie characters as well.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Capt. Cleghorn's right: it's her face that makes me sad: she's got that Disney Princess face, generic, anonymous, characterless...
    Hope Digifiend is right; it's the face for a cartoon, not a design for the comics.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

It's the hair too. It'll look odd if she still has the short hair from Erica's design on the covers but is sporting a braid on the interior art.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This isn't the new design for the comics - it's for a cartoon.
    Lol. And i thought that was after the departure of Erica.

Then i would say its good. Disney has been known for generic princesses in other media. Can't really blame them with the kind of things they do. Like Captain Marvel being like their twentieth film. Still i want variety. While they did not get the face right they got the physique. Will give them credit for that.

I had not got last month's issue, as well as this. Finally read them. And the last issue was something amazing. I loved it. Its nice that they put in this complication. Surfer was innocent. So, they turned against each other again. I loved how Doreen solved them all. First between two parties. Next all of them. Nancy got the powers and Doreen gave a wonderful advice. While admitting her being imperfect too. Tippy Toe's epic fail with power cosmic. Toilet for so many aliens.

I loved the con artists. Too muscular two year old. Realizing their mistake. The final panel showing all the stuff they did. Even Spider-man asking for Loki's space suit. The last issue was really packed and amazing in my opinion.

well I like the outfit, the face is generic disney, the hair is for sure too long she's always had short hair as cannon though the one criticism i had on erica's SG was that it was a bit too short, still she looks like a small powerhouse and that's good
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Mighty Member

I never care too much how characters look in various media, but I do think it's important that SG doesn't become classically cute and stays a bigger, athletic, realistically proportioned human (except for the tail, of course). Her not being stereotypically pretty, and more importantly how she doesn't care about that and defines herself using her own terms, is a huge part of the character and her message.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Daniel22: Very well stated. I'm in complete agreement.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Solicitation change: issues 32 and 33 will now be drawn by Derek Charm. Erica leaves with issue 31. Interview:
    https://www.newsarama.com/39447-unbe...interview.html
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

wow still sad the erica's going but derek charm's art close to what erica has been doing
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dmouse View Post
    wow still sad the erica's going but derek charm's art close to what erica has been doing
    Man talk about some big shoes to fill. Erica has completely defined how SG and her whole world looks. I haven't read anything by Charm but I looked at a bunch of stuff online and I like it. He has charm and a distinct style, which I think is important for SG. The last thing I'd want is for the art to be nondescript or generic. I think a highly stylized style really works best for SG.

BANNED

Wow, um. So that may have been the best issue of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

spoilers:
    Also, anyone else think of the series finale of Futurama at the end? I may have teared up a bit.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Fans of SQUIRREL GIRL should start rejoicing within AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER #688.

Yeah,
    spoilers:
    she's finally defrosted! Avengers Assemble!
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Yeah,
    spoilers:
    she's finally defrosted! Avengers Assemble!
    end of spoilers

It would be awesome if a totally unexpected character like SG ends up saving the day, Rick Jones from the Kree-Skrull War style. I don't see it happening but it would be a really cool twist if she plays a major part in the ending.