Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1444

I use Marvel Unlimited and I'd heard good things about Squirrel Girl's series, so I've been reading it today and it's a blast. I think I might be a fan of the character now. Love the supporting characters and the quirky art suits the writing perfectly.

If they did so it was subtle. I like this approach. The issue was about their friendship. And the issue was on target.

Hints are simply hints. If they mean anything its at the background to their sweet friendship. They may mean something or may not at all. Though it looks more likely that they mean something.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-17-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    I use Marvel Unlimited and I'd heard good things about Squirrel Girl's series, so I've been reading it today and it's a blast. I think I might be a fan of the character now. Love the supporting characters and the quirky art suits the writing perfectly.
    Glad to hear from you that you are reading and enjoying it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It was Mole Man. He accused Nancy of loving Squirrel Girl, which she had zero interest in responding to.

And yeah, there were moments in the latest issue that gave me a distinct romantic vibe.
    Oh yeah! Thanks. It seemed like Nancy was surprised it was so obvious to someone and was embarrassed. How did you all read that scene?

funny I saw it as more like Sisters than sexual when they realised and admitted what they meant to each other. A profound note to go out on, well done ryan and erica
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

There was a Marvel Rising Doreen/Kamala teamup in the July solicits...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan North
    There's going to be a Squirrel Girl/Ms. Marvel miniseries! It's called MARVEL RISING and me and @GWillowWilson and @Gothamette are writing it and here's the cover by @gurihiru :0
    So, it's a mini, not a one-shot! And someone asked if it's the Earth 616 versions. Ryan replied that it is. So it's not AU either.
    https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/statu...21471747674112
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I do not believe that either Doreen or Nancy are straight for a second. Mind you I don't believe any human is 100% straight, but these two especially.

However, I actually really like they didn't go the explicit romantic route with the story. Regardless of the genders involved, stories about the power of a romantic relationship are far more common than stories about truly loving friendships between two people. And North and Henderson executed this one perfectly.
    This is another sign the book works on so many levels. Younger kids who often don't appreciate little hints will see a long powerful friendship. It's basic and an enormous part of this series. Old fans like me who are used to looking at every detail will read this and roll dice to find a Kinsey score but discover, it's not about the physicality, it's about the love. It's the Billy Mack and his manager pair in Love Actually. It's a non-sexual love, but still powerful. or it's not.

If seasoned readers have gotten to the point where they don't need to know, then the basic emotions are all that's needed. They are what matters. This is both deep and simple and I am fortunate to have gotten in on the ground floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So, it's a mini, not a one-shot! And someone asked if it's the Earth 616 versions. Ryan replied that it is. So it's not AU either.
    I am getting that. Thanks for sharing!

Astonishing Member

Another classic moments from Dorreen within Today's AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER #689.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This is another sign the book works on so many levels. Younger kids who often don't appreciate little hints will see a long powerful friendship. It's basic and an enormous part of this series. Old fans like me who are used to looking at every detail will read this and roll dice to find a Kinsey score but discover, it's not about the physicality, it's about the love. It's the Billy Mack and his manager pair in Love Actually. It's a non-sexual love, but still powerful. or it's not.

If seasoned readers have gotten to the point where they don't need to know, then the basic emotions are all that's needed. They are what matters. This is both deep and simple and I am fortunate to have gotten in on the ground floor.
    Non-sexual love is so underused in comics. If the characters are male and female or gay and gay, forget it. The only story we get is the "will they or won't they" one.

I would like SG to explore a non-sexual love between SG and Nancy. Or if they want to go another route, it would be really awesome for SG to explore an aspect of sexuality that gets overlooked, in which a person has homosexual feelings, but only for one specific person. It happens. It would be interesting if SG had either Doreen or Nancy to be usually straight, but develop sexual feelings for the other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A mini with the two characters that got me regularly reading Marvel books and written by the two writers who got me regularly reading Marvel along with the writer of one of my favorite DC runs...can't see myself being interested.

Mighty Member

A mini with the two characters that got me regularly reading Marvel books and written by the two writers who got me regularly reading Marvel along with the writer of one of my favorite DC runs...can't see myself being interested.
    Yeah this is a dream team up for a lot of people, myself included. It makes so much sense to me and I'm glad Marvel agrees. They are so well suited to be friends it's crazy. I'm waiting for the day when SG founds a team with Ms. Marvel... it's inevitable... I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Non-sexual love is so underused in comics. If the characters are male and female or gay and gay, forget it. The only story we get is the "will they or won't they" one.

I would like SG to explore a non-sexual love between SG and Nancy. Or if they want to go another route, it would be really awesome for SG to explore an aspect of sexuality that gets overlooked, in which a person has homosexual feelings, but only for one specific person. It happens. It would be interesting if SG had either Doreen or Nancy to be usually straight, but develop sexual feelings for the other.
    I'm not sure USG isn't already exploring this. We've seen scenes with the two of them obviously loving one another. How much more could be added to the story if we got the "details"? I don't think they're needed. Doreen and Nancy got their life with each other. We know they're BFFs and that's what's important here. Personally, I'd rather it be left open to interpretation in order to spark conversation.

And the art already looks like a step-up from the cartoon .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm not sure USG isn't already exploring this. We've seen scenes with the two of them obviously loving one another. How much more could be added to the story if we got the "details"? I don't think they're needed. Doreen and Nancy got their life with each other. We know they're BFFs and that's what's important here. Personally, I'd rather it be left open to interpretation in order to spark conversation.
    I agree, it's my preference that they continue the current story of non-sexual love. I'm saying that if they chose to go a different route, I think doing something other than having them both be gay/bi would be interesting.