Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1444
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreshGuy View Post
    Don't forget Marvel Rising #0 is out tomorrow, it looks really interesting!
    It's super fun. Warning that it's only ten pages, but it's free, so can't really complain.

And not sure if this is common knowledge yet or not, but the book tells us that Issue #0 leads to Marvel Rising Alpha, then SG/ Ms Marvel, then Ms Marvel/ SG, then Omega, coming out over the summer, monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I didn't know that show got dropped. It would have been the first superhero cartoon I'd have watched since... Black Panther, I guess.
    New Warriors was live action. It was meant to be on Freeform.

Here's a preview of Rising #0. I like how the narration boxes match the solo books.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...rvel-rising-0/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Warriors was live action. It was meant to be on Freeform.

Here's a preview of Rising #0. I like how the narration boxes match the solo books.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...rvel-rising-0/
    Oh ok thanks. I'd rather see SG on a better network so I'm ok with the cancellation.

Yeah I liked that too. Looks like they are doing it in the different company crossover style, where the SG team does SG/Ms Marvel and the Marvel team does Ms Marvel/SG. That's great to me, I love both characters, both have been largely in the hands of a very few writers, and North and Wilson are the two writers I think will make a story I'll love with those two women.

I really enjoyed the Marvel Rising. The only thing that seemed odd is Doreen used to be a part of AIM when she was a New Avenger but it was odd she didn't mention it when AIM showed up

Probably because of what happened in Avengers 690. Lightning and Red Wolf had encountered some AIM guys who said they'd be happy to work for Monica, or MODOK. Toni Ho responded by rebranding her American Intelligence Mechanics as RESCUE. So, yeah, it's been established that AIM are bad guys again.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Who are the woman with the colander for a head and the woman at the top right in white with the high beams?

Who are the woman with the colander for a head and the woman at the top right in white with the high beams?
    The one in white might be silver a mercenary industrial operative as for collander girl absolutely no idea he probably made it up
    just thought there's not a female night crawler is there?
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Dmouse View Post
    The one in white might be silver a mercenary industrial operative as for collander girl absolutely no idea he probably made it up
    just thought there's not a female night crawler is there?
    That character actually IS called Colander Girl. She's Forbush Man's sidekick, from Not Brand Echh. The other one is another parody character, Milk, from What The?. And yeah, that's a gender swapped Nightcrawler.

Astonishing Member

Nope.....she's known as Nocture an EXILE who's an Daughter of Nightcrawler and the Scarlet Witch (no joke..!!) from an alternate reality who was a part of Blink's Team originally.

Mighty Member

That character actually IS called Colander Girl. She's Forbush Man's sidekick, from Not Brand Echh. The other one is another parody character, Milk, from What The?. And yeah, that's a gender swapped Nightcrawler.
    What! Forbush man is beyond needing a sidekick.

I wish Not Brand Ecchh would come out at least two or three times a year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Nope.....she's known as Nocture an EXILE who's an Daughter of Nightcrawler and the Scarlet Witch (no joke..!!) from an alternate reality who was a part of Blink's Team originally.
    And who also spent some time in the 616 as a member of Chris Claremont's NEW EXCALIBUR, where she was best friends with Dazzler for a while.

What! Forbush man is beyond needing a sidekick.

I wish Not Brand Ecchh would come out at least two or three times a year.
    It could at least be a regular annual. That Legacy issue was good!

Mighty Member

It could at least be a regular annual. That Legacy issue was good!
    It was easily my favorite of the five one shots. I loved "Secret Wars Too" and the Fear Itself one (I liked it more than the actual event, really).

I thought "Foom" was going to be a regular thing again and was super excited. I would love to see Foom return and feature a regular "Not Brand Ecch" section. Marvel was on fire with the comedy books for a while (Howard, Ant Man, GLA, FoolKiller, etc) and the only one left is SG... But SG is more than just a comedy book.

Speaking of Doreen's solo, here's the preview for #32, with new artist Derek Charm.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...irrel-girl-32/

And it looks like Marvel Rising is in play here.