Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4686929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1444
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Marvel Rising?

It just finished its first episode about two minutes ago. For a kid's show, I thought it did a pretty good job. I enjoyed Milana Vayntrub's voice acting, she definitely felt like she was getting into the part. I didn't love all the dialogue, but it is a kid's show and it was great when it wasn't breaking the fourth wall.

I really should go over to the Spider side of things and see if they have a thread because I thought Dove Cameron was great as Gwen Stacy. This role was definitely better for her than when she was on Agents of SHIELD. Speaking of, Chloe Bennet was a fun casting choice as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Marvel Rising?

It just finished its first episode about two minutes ago. For a kid's show, I thought it did a pretty good job. I enjoyed Milana Vayntrub's voice acting, she definitely felt like she was getting into the part. I didn't love all the dialogue, but it is a kid's show and it was great when it wasn't breaking the fourth wall.

I really should go over to the Spider side of things and see if they have a thread because I thought Dove Cameron was great as Gwen Stacy. This role was definitely better for her than when she was on Agents of SHIELD. Speaking of, Chloe Bennet was a fun casting choice as well.
    Ohh yeah that must have been what I was thinking of. Thanks.

The next part of the comic comes out tomorrow! Lots of action and it has a fun gaming theme in parts, it looks like. Very excited! Really hoping these continue, I'd love to see a Spider-Gwen/SG, or a Ms. Marvel/Ironheart (even though she has been targeted towards a slightly higher age group, there's no reason she can't work as an all ages character). And Moon Girl should and likely will have many crossovers with all those characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Marvel Rising?

Ohh yeah that must have been what I was thinking of. Thanks.

The next part of the comic comes out tomorrow! Lots of action and it has a fun gaming theme in parts, it looks like. Very excited! Really hoping these continue, I'd love to see a Spider-Gwen/SG, or a Ms. Marvel/Ironheart (even though she has been targeted towards a slightly higher age group, there's no reason she can't work as an all ages character). And Moon Girl should and likely will have many crossovers with all those characters.

How about Gwen, Doreen and Laura? Laura's previously teamed up with them both in All-New Wolverine, Gwen in an annual in which they got body swapped, and Doreen in the issue that introduced Jonathan the Actual Wolverine.

Since Riri's a Champion now, seeing Kamala and her together wouldn't be a shock. It's not like their friendship needs explaining. The only problem is that Kamala's solo rarely uses the Champions (only Miles and Sam have ever shown up I think).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-15-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How about Gwen, Doreen and Laura? Laura's previously teamed up with them both in All-New Wolverine, Gwen in an annual in which they got body swapped, and Doreen in the issue that introduced Jonathan the Actual Wolverine.

Since Riri's a Champion now, seeing Kamala and her together wouldn't be a shock. It's not like their friendship needs explaining. The only problem is that Kamala's solo rarely uses the Champions (only Miles and Sam have ever shown up I think).
    Doreen and Laura is interesting and I hope it gets explored more. I think Doreen would greatly admire Laura's determination and ability to overcome terrible experiences, while also struggling with accepting her past initially. And Laura would admire Doreen's optimism and fun nature, aspects of personality that Laura struggles with. They are a total odd couple but I could see a friendship developing further based on how each of them have very different strengths and experiences.

I kind of like how Ms. Marvel is its own thing and doesn't reference other happenings too much (it does sometimes, but not to a great extent). The downside is we don't get things like Riri's and Kamala's relationship explored as much... Back to Doreen, of the characters we've talked about, I think they all have potential to develop great relationships with her, but Kamala seems like the most natural fit. But I'm just looking forward to more interactions between SG and any of these women, really.

Mighty Member

I was thinking about the new West Coast Avengers book... Do you think Doreen would be fun as a guest star? I could see her fitting the tone nicely. I also think Nancy (who would be along for the West Coast trip, of course) would very much click with Kate and America. I generally like keeping SG off doing her own thing, with a few exceptions, but this is a match that could really work. How about yall?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I was thinking about the new West Coast Avengers book... Do you think Doreen would be fun as a guest star? I could see her fitting the tone nicely. I also think Nancy (who would be along for the West Coast trip, of course) would very much click with Kate and America. I generally like keeping SG off doing her own thing, with a few exceptions, but this is a match that could really work. How about yall?
    It'd be interesting to see Quentin's reaction to Doreen too. I bet he'd compare her to Nature Girl, another Generation Xer.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

It'd be interesting to see Quentin's reaction to Doreen too. I bet he'd compare her to Nature Girl, another Generation Xer.
    Oh yeah for sure... I can definitely hear him calling her a Nature Girl knock off. I think an unrequited love story would be interesting too. Quire has fallen for out of his league, very with-it and confident women before... Idie and there's another one that I can't remember at this point.

The showdown between Nancy and Quinton would be very entertaining, I'm sure...

So, Ryan North didn't create Doreen's usage of trading cards to identity people...

That's from 2006's GLX-Mas Special by Dan Slott. Art by Matt Haley.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-26-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Mighty Member

So, Ryan North didn't create Doreen's usage of trading cards to identity people...

That's from 2006's GLX-Mas Special by Dan Slott. Art by Matt Haley.
    Slott did some great stuff with GLA. I know he's pretty much A-listers only at this point but I'd love for him to come back to GLA for a miniseries at least. I never want North to stop writing USG but Slott would be near my top picks to take over if North ever leaves.

how is her portrayal in the cartoon show?

Marvel Rising? She's not out of character at least.

Really excellent video about Squirrel Girl that encapsulates everything great about her:

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Ahhh, very cool. Thanks for this (SG video).
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet