Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default Tom Welling's Clark Kent returns for Crisis on Infinite Earths

No word on if he'll wear the suit or not.

“For eight years, Arrow has stood on the shoulders of Smallville. Simply put, there would be no Arrow, and no Arrowverse, without it,” (Marc Guggenheim) said. “So when we first started talking about Crisis on Infinite Earths, our first, second and third priorities were getting Tom to reprise his iconic role as Clark Kent. To say that we’re thrilled would be a Superman-sized understatement.”

As opposed to Routh where it's at least ambiguous whether he's a Kingdom Come-ified take on his Returns character or just a new Superman altogether, this is explicitly going to be Smallville Clark about a decade on.
    Buh-bye

Haha holy ****! Please let him be in the suit. And please God let Smallville Lex be there too.

he won't wear the classic suit, imo. I really don't care. More excited if Rosembaum shares the screen with Jon Cryer Lex!

Overall, hoping the whole thing is decently written and that Superman in general is done justice... expecially Routh.

If Welling wears the suit, then he's not really the character from Smallville because that Clark didn't wear the suit (the shirt rip in the last shot doesn't count). If old actors are going to reprise roles, then (imo) they need to wear what we recognize them as, otherwise it's "just another" Superman character.

It's easy enough to explain why he doesn't have his suit, too. "My suit was destroyed fighting the Anti-Monitor before I landed on this Earth." Then Cisco can whip him up a red leather jacket with the S & we're off

I wonder if Durance's Lois and Rosenbaum's Lex come along too...it would be nice to see those characters again, even if it inevitably means that the world we spent 10 seasons watching was ultimately destroyed.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

(head explodes)
    Assassinate Putin!

On another note...I hope these guest stars (Welling, Routh's Superman, Shipp's 90's Flash, etc) get to pop up before the Crisis actually begins, just to remind the audience why they should care about these "side characters". I'd just like to see these people do some cool things, and Crisis being only 5 episodes means all of the characters are going to be little more than extended cameos. It's going to feel a little rushed.

But if the CW shows all had a "Countdown to Crisis" week or something, that'd be great! Routh's Superman could guest on Supergirl, Shipp's Flash on Flash, Welling on Arrow. Could be fun, and a little more time with them.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Somebody save me!!! I don't care how ya do it!

So what you're saying is that we are FOR SURE getting a Smallville sequel series with Welling as Superman! (puts fingers in ears and runs away refusing to hear anything else) LALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOOOOOOU!!!!
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This series had the weirdest way Clark's powers worked

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So what you're saying is that we are FOR SURE getting a Smallville sequel series with Welling as Superman! (puts fingers in ears and runs away refusing to hear anything else) LALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOOOOOOU!!!!
    Lol that must be what they meant when they said they were reworking Metropolis

YES!!! This is amazing! You expect seeing previous actors returning for team ups for stuff like Doctor who, but I never thought we’d get something like this with Superman.
    Anyway Vandervoort and Harley as Kara (maybe as Powergirl?) and Oliver have gotta come back too.

Amazing Member

If he wears the Red Jacket+Blue shirt combo I will already be sastified with the his physical appearence.

perfect time for it hopefully he will play a big enough role and he doesnt die cause they have 2 other supermans in this too. ah the predecessor to the arrowverse finally makes his appearance.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm waiting for news on Dean Cain...
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    YES!!! This is amazing! You expect seeing previous actors returning for team ups for stuff like Doctor who, but I never thought we’d get something like this with Superman.
    Anyway Vandervoort and Harley as Kara (maybe as Powergirl?) and Oliver have gotta come back too.
    In the comics, GA and Chloe ran off to Star City. Which might be for the best here.
    Assassinate Putin!