Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Michael Rosenbaum declined to be part of the crossover: https://twitter.com/michaelrosenbum/...26751461019648
    I said it in the TV thread, and I'll say it here- sorry he got lowballed, but I won't miss him. He was never LEX LUTHOR to me, and he can't hold a candle to Cryer's Lex.

Now, if they had wanted him to, say, play an alternate Wally West- well, THAT would have been fun.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think this might be more of a cameo than full-fledged appearance from tom and Erica.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The Season 11 comic addressed it throughout so if they are picking up off that (and it was supposed to be canon) there wouldn’t have been any real issues.

It’s surprising he turned it down. I get the timing thing, but his response kinda makes it sound like he didn’t think he’d have a big enough role or payday.
    I'm not surprised at all. They couldn't even keep him for the entire run of Smallville, where he was a lead actor. Why would he show up for a cameo in a universe he wouldn't be the sole Lex Luthor, especially if they won't even show him a script?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I said it in the TV thread, and I'll say it here- sorry he got lowballed, but I won't miss him. He was never LEX LUTHOR to me, and he can't hold a candle to Cryer's Lex.

Now, if they had wanted him to, say, play an alternate Wally West- well, THAT would have been fun.
    Cryer's lex is that good? I don't watch supergirl. But, rosenbaum played damn good lex. There was the scene with lex beating clark. It was very awesome.

Incredible Member

Cryer was a great Lex but I think is unfair for him and Rosenbaum to make comparations. Rosembaum was a Lex in development, he tried to be good for years and made his own version of the character. By the other hand, Cryer's Lex was already established as a super villain, had many resources and even had his super suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    That sucks, but don't blame him; I have to assume he was going to be essentially a walk-on cameo and therefore was offered a different deal than the clearly major players of the crossover, because I can't see Welling having agreed under circumstances like that.
    I bet he would've needed to shave his head again too. Not worth it for a walk on cameo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I totally understand why Rosenbaum felt the need to pass, even though I'm disappointed he won't be a part of the big event.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I bet he would've needed to shave his head again too. Not worth it for a walk on cameo.
    They'd just do a bald cap, like they did for the Smallville Finale.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'm torn. Love seeing old favorites reprise their roles, but don't really want those respective universes to become cannon fodder for CRISIS. I'd rather just think that John Wesley's Shipp's Barry and Tom Welling's Clark had happy endings than see their worlds obliterated just for the opportunity to see them on screen again for five minutes. That's a heavy price to pay. Also, the tone of those universes was radically different than the Arrow-verse writing style, so I'm not sure how it'll fit. But I'll watch eagerly and hope for the best.
    Last edited by David Walton; 09-26-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Retired

I just think of them as alternate worlds that are remarkably similar to the original TV show worlds, but with some differences. In the comic books, I don't think the Crisis really destroyed the Earths that had all existed before COIE--and I'll feel the same about this Crisis.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I wonder if they're going for the "retired" Superman look in this one. That would be a good excuse to keep him out of costume.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I just think of them as alternate worlds that are remarkably similar to the original TV show worlds, but with some differences. In the comic books, I don't think the Crisis really destroyed the Earths that had all existed before COIE--and I'll feel the same about this Crisis.
    Funny, DC has been trying to make your perspective official for years, and they can never quite get there.

I wasn't a DC reader until the 90s, and I became interested in pre-Crisis continuity through articles in Wizard Magazine. I was excited about Hypertime but that concept was abandoned before the ink had dried on THE KINGDOM's final issue.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Assassinate Putin!

I just had a thought... this might become a sort of path decision thing for the Arrowverse Superman.

From the pictures, Smallville Clark looks fairly retired. But SR Clark, in the Kingdom Come model, will be alone and still fighting.

So Arrowverse Clark might see it as the multiverse telling him that he can't have a family and also be Superman. And since he has a family, and Supergirl is "better than him anyway," he can be comfortable in his decision for them to stay in New Kandor.

I mean... I hate it. But I can absolutely see them doing it.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/