Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This is the only reason why i will probably watch the crisis.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I do wonder what suit they’ll go with (man do I hope he’s wearing the suit lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I do wonder what suit they’ll go with (man do I hope he’s wearing the suit lol).
    Just had a thought... if he keeps the almost buzz-cut he's had off and on lately, it could be the "Truth" suit...
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Michael Rosenbaum declined to be part of the crossover: https://twitter.com/michaelrosenbum/...26751461019648

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Michael Rosenbaum declined to be part of the crossover: https://twitter.com/michaelrosenbum/...26751461019648
    That's a shame. So I guess all of the convention talk was...talk. I understand how frustrating it's got to be to give an answer right now with so few details, but they aren't going for an Emmy here. They're doing a grand big thing for the fans of these characters. And even though he says "little money"...well, c'mon, what else is he doing these days?

Welling has said for years how he's grateful for the show, but that it was in his rear-view. He's even commented on turning down the Superman role on Supergirl, because he didn't want it. But he came back for this, because he knows what it means to his fans, and it's going to be a quick shoot. Very disappointing about Rosenbaum.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's talked about doing an animated spinoff with Welling so I don't see why he'd be so adverse to this.
    Assassinate Putin!

The biggest problem with the Smallville finale was that they left Lex in such a weird place. So he loses all his memory (so was his whole journey for the first 7 or 8 seasons pointless?) but he somehow becomes president. If they did bring him back, I have no idea how they’d address that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    The biggest problem with the Smallville finale was that they left Lex in such a weird place. So he loses all his memory (so was his whole journey for the first 7 or 8 seasons pointless?) but he somehow becomes president. If they did bring him back, I have no idea how they’d address that stuff.
    The Season 11 comic addressed it throughout so if they are picking up off that (and it was supposed to be canon) there wouldn’t have been any real issues.

It’s surprising he turned it down. I get the timing thing, but his response kinda makes it sound like he didn’t think he’d have a big enough role or payday.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

That sucks, but don't blame him; I have to assume he was going to be essentially a walk-on cameo and therefore was offered a different deal than the clearly major players of the crossover, because I can't see Welling having agreed under circumstances like that.
    Buh-bye

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Screw all the nostalgia stuff and the CW shows, just let Welling play a Superman with a budget and good writing behind him in an interesting new flick or show.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Screw all the nostalgia stuff and the CW shows, just let Welling play a Superman with a budget and good writing behind him in an interesting new flick or show.
    Actually, I'd be all for having all of that for Routh. He (with Cavill close behind) is probably the most-screwed actor to ever play Superman, and it'd be nice to right that wrong.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Actually, I'd be all for having all of that for Routh. He (with Cavill close behind) is probably the most-screwed actor to ever play Superman, and it'd be nice to right that wrong.
    Cavill's my favorite Supes, but I'd be SO down for a show starring Routh. He was awesome in Returns, he just didn't have a strong script. Plus, he looks like Superman way more now than he did 13 years ago.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Retired

As much as I like Tyler Hoechlin, my favourite living Superman actor is Brandon Routh. And it's as much for how he carries himself as a person as what he was allowed to do in SUPERMAN RETURNS. So ideally, if CW were to do a Superman related spin-off show, then I'd want Routh as Clark and Ford as Lois. Maybe in the post-Crisis universe, it works out that they were always the Lois and Clark of that world and Melissa Benoist's Kara was always his cousin. For the sake of not having Superman compete directly with Supergirl--the Lois and Clark show could have them raising and guiding their son to become the next Superman.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

A bit disappointing, but I'm guessing his role would have been very minimal. Honestly we don't know in what capacity Welling and Durance will appear and to what extent. With all the people they've announced,plus other surprises yet to come I'm sure,
    It's a given most of these will be quick cameos at best,as the focus of the story will be on our core Arrowverse cast.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.