Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This has been something people have been asking for for years, so it's pretty awesome to see them finally achieve it for the most fitting event possible .

I do kinda hope we see him in the suit even if we'll probably have plenty of suited up super-people in the story. I wonder if they'll manage to fit in Erica Durance as Lois since she's Allura on Supergirl now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    I'm waiting for news on Dean Cain...
    I think Cain is persona non grata with the DC TV people given they completely dropped his character from the show.

Cains said some weird right wing stuff recently that didnt help.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just bring back Welling and Rosenbaum and make a bigger budget METROPOLIS show on the DCU. A sequel to Smallville but a more mature series with the production value of Titans and Doom Patrol and not the cheap backyard look of the CW.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    he won't wear the classic suit, imo. I really don't care. More excited if Rosembaum shares the screen with Jon Cryer Lex!

Overall, hoping the whole thing is decently written and that Superman in general is done justice... expecially Routh.
    I LOVE Tom but I agree with everything you said, he won't wear the suit. I definitely want to see Michael back as well and Routh deserves a proper send off.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I just had an awful thought. What if the Smallville-verse is one of the ones destroyed by the anti-Monitor?
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

Since the first episode will be a Supergirl episode, it would really shake things up if she died at the end of that episode. This wouldn't take Melissa Benoist out of the event--because there are multiple Kara Zor-Els. And I expect by the end of the whole thing, in January 2020, everything will be rebooted in one universe, so Supergirl could always come back.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Welp, looks like we got one thing we wanted. Erica Durance is coming back as Lois:

https://www.newsarama.com/47036-smal...hs-report.html
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

YESSSSS!!!!!! That's 2 down and 3 to go for Michael, and a bonus for Justin (a long shot but a girl can dream).

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Welp, looks like we got one thing we wanted. Erica Durance is coming back as Lois:

https://www.newsarama.com/47036-smal...hs-report.html
    Nice. I'm sure popping up on Supergirl helped .

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    YESSSSS!!!!!! That's 2 down and 3 to go for Michael, and a bonus for Justin (a long shot but a girl can dream).

Lois and Clark sweetness is back, baby.

We just need Rosembaum...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Keep in mind that as recently as last month at a convention panel,both Welling and Rosenbaum both denied they had been asked to participate.

My guess? Rosenbaum will be joining Tom and Erica.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

It occurs to me: they keep saying Welling and Durance are playing Clark and Lois 'about 10 years after the end of Smallville', but does that mean after he becomes Superman, or after the epilogue where he's been Superman for 7 years? They could play their real ages this time. That'd especially be interesting because it'd - like in the real world in terms of age, even if they were playing versions of him in different parts of his life - position Welling and his Superman as a direct counterpart to Routh, especially if they're both wearing Returns suits. Welling Superman presumably being a fairly classic Reeve inspired take with his Lois at his side, having achieved his happily ever after, whereas Routh...well, he's the Kingdom Come guy, he already played a melancholy Clark, and even if she's not dead his Lois sure ain't gonna be there. He's the tragic ending opposite Welling, and as such potentially the two ghosts of Christmas Future to Hoechlin for his Superman's future as he enters fatherhood.

Also: there are three versions of Superman in Crisis on Infinite Earths, one is *absolutely* going to die and I sure hope it's not Hoechlin, even that show he needs to get that they'll never give him aside. Oh, also, bring Teri Hatcher back as the third Lois to join Durance and Tulluoch since her husband died taking a Kryptonite egg to the face, the potential for a widowers-getting-back-out-there romance between her and Routh providing the requisite CW soap.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    It occurs to me: they keep saying Welling and Durance are playing Clark and Lois 'about 10 years after the end of Smallville', but does that mean after he becomes Superman, or after the epilogue where he's been Superman for 7 years? They could play their real ages this time. That'd especially be interesting because it'd - like in the real world in terms of age, even if they were playing versions of him in different parts of his life - position Welling and his Superman as a direct counterpart to Routh, especially if they're both wearing Returns suits. Welling Superman presumably being a fairly classic Reeve inspired take with his Lois at his side, having achieved his happily ever after, whereas Routh...well, he's the Kingdom Come guy, he already played a melancholy Clark, and even if she's not dead his Lois sure ain't gonna be there. He's the tragic ending opposite Welling, and as such potentially the two ghosts of Christmas Future to Hoechlin for his Superman's future as he enters fatherhood.

Also: there are three versions of Superman in Crisis on Infinite Earths, one is *absolutely* going to die and I sure hope it's not Hoechlin, even that show he needs to get that they'll never give him aside. Oh, also, bring Teri Hatcher back as the third Lois to join Durance and Tulluoch since her husband died taking a Kryptonite egg to the face, the potential for a widowers-getting-back-out-there romance between her and Routh providing the requisite CW soap.
    Considering Routh is leaving Legends and the DC TV shows in general, I could kind of see them killing off his Superman.

Astonishing Member

Teri's Lois surviving her Clark is probable and i wouldn't mind seeing it even if I want Dean to join in.

I think Routh's Superman is going to end up sacrificing himself so Hoechlin doesn't. So he can have the life with Tulloch's Lois & their child that Routh was denied with Kate Bosworth. The way Guggenheim has talked about how Routh is playing a Coda to his Superman and Kingdom Come make that make sense to me.

Maybe Welling and Durrance will be the Earth 2 role here and go off into their little pocket dimension at the end to live happily ever after. Durrance's announcement mentions she's going to show up in multiple episodes as well, so maybe the Supermen will have a more significant role than Ship did as 90's Flash last year.