Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Having Smallville's Lois & Clark on Crisis on Infinite Earths feels so appropriate. Glad they made this happen, even if they are likely only going to be given very brief cameos.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think Routh's Superman is going to end up sacrificing himself so Hoechlin doesn't. So he can have the life with Tulloch's Lois & their child that Routh was denied with Kate Bosworth. The way Guggenheim has talked about how Routh is playing a Coda to his Superman and Kingdom Come make that make sense to me.

Maybe Welling and Durrance will be the Earth 2 role here and go off into their little pocket dimension at the end to live happily ever after. Durrance's announcement mentions she's going to show up in multiple episodes as well, so maybe the Supermen will have a more significant role than Ship did as 90's Flash last year.
    I really hope they don't get rid of the Smallville-verse. I know a sequel series is more or less off the table but I still like the idea that it's still out there somewhere.
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think Routh's Superman is going to end up sacrificing himself so Hoechlin doesn't. So he can have the life with Tulloch's Lois & their child that Routh was denied with Kate Bosworth. The way Guggenheim has talked about how Routh is playing a Coda to his Superman and Kingdom Come make that make sense to me.

Maybe Welling and Durrance will be the Earth 2 role here and go off into their little pocket dimension at the end to live happily ever after. Durrance's announcement mentions she's going to show up in multiple episodes as well, so maybe the Supermen will have a more significant role than Ship did as 90's Flash last year.
    I have a feeling they will tease Kara's death to start,then make it seem Hoechlin's Supes will make the ultimate sacrifice in her stead,but Routh's Supes will make the sacrifice play at the last possible moment instead. Providing it follows the original Crisis arc, I could see the final "killing" blow to the anti-monitor be delt by Supergirl,Hoechlin Supes and Welling Superman.

At the end,I think it's highly likely Smallville Supes and Lois end up alongside Oliver and Felicity in the Paradise dimension. Arrowverse Superman and Lois survives,but they decide to go back to Argo and Clark stays retired (but ready to help out when needed) leaving Kara to be the main Super on the newly merged Earth Prime.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 09-21-2019 at 03:37 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I have a feeling they will tease Kara's death to start,then make it seem Hoechlin's Supes will make the ultimate sacrifice in her stead,but Routh's Supes will make the sacrifice play at the last possible moment instead. Providing it follows the original Crisis arc, I could see the final "killing" blow to the anti-monitor be delt by Supergirl,Hoechlin Supes and Welling Superman.
    That is more or less how I see it all going down. The "Kingdom Come" aspect works with Routh's SR's Superman essentially how things left of (particularly with how Guggenheim has said you don't need Superman's retirement or Lois' death to do a take on Kingdom Come). He'll basically take the Captain Marvel role and stop Hoechlin's Superman and put himself in harms way. It'll be "You have a chance to do what I never could..." or something like that. I expect many mournful looks from Routh to Tulloch & the baby.

At the end,I think it's highly likely Smallville Supes and Lois end up alongside Oliver and Felicity in the Paradise dimension. Arrowverse Superman and Lois survives,but they decide to go back to Argo and Clark stays retired (but ready to help out when needed) leaving Kara to be the main Super on the newly merged Earth Prime.
    There would be a certain poetic symbolism of the two "founders" of the CW comic universes getting to ride off into a paradise dimension at the end of this all. And I just don't see them setting up Hoechlin's Superfamily and then killing him off. They are keeping that show in their back pocket. I don't see a Superman show coming while Supergirl is on the air, but they definitely will want to keep that avenue open for when Benoist decides she's done with Supergirl (probably 2-3 more seasons). They filled the dark vigilante role of Arrow with Batwoman. CW and WB's will keep the Arrowverse going for as long as possible.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's safe to say there is no demand for lana. Its kinda wierd even in a show called smallville lois became more important. I mean, when we think of smallville it is always has lana and pete. And they were the original main cast of the show as well. But, the show is remembered for Lionel, lex, lois.. Etc instead . I wonder if the jimmy olsen jr will make an appearance.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I want superpowered Lana Lang to save the universe and give her life so worlds can live, thus cementing herself as the greatest hero that's ever lived.

It's funny cause Routh and the Supergirl show guy are both the worst cast Superman actors I've ever seen, but Welling looks more like Superman than ever before. Next to them he'll look like Superman walked off the page. I'll tune in for his part.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-21-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I want superpowered Lana Lang to save the universe and give her life so worlds can live, thus cementing herself as the greatest hero that's ever lived.

It's funny cause Routh and the Supergirl show guy are both the worst cast Superman actors I've ever seen, but Welling looks more like Superman than ever before. Next to them he'll look like Superman walked off the page. I'll tune in for his part.
    Well, lana did get superpowered. But, she literally became kryptonite for clark

The potential destruction of Earth Smallville and Earth Donner Superman is bothering me too. But I think there’s a good chance they survive the crisis. Think about it, the purpose of the original comic COIE was that dc wanted to get rid of the multiverse at that point. They wanted one Earth, and the rest of it gone. I very much doubt that’s the case for the Arrowverse, since they loooove using the multiverse. I’m now expecting a more happier ending. The death of Green Arrow and the merging of earths 1 and 38 will be more than enough for this event to have an impact/consequences. I wouldn’t be surprised a bunch of universes are destroyed but are brought back in the end via Oliver’s sacrifice.

Yeah, I'm curious as to whether or not they are going to pull the merger or not. I think the set up, with half the episodes closing out the the fall season and then the two part conclusion airing on the same day in January, almost seems ideal to pull the merger as the cliffhanger, spend a little time establishing the merged universe when they come back and then the ultimate defeat of the Anti-Monitor in the finale fits the COIE original publishing model too well.

But they do seem to love playing with the Multiverse. But the crossovers once a year doesn't really require a multiverse to pull off. Flash is really the only show that uses the multiverse on the regular and most recently only with respect to the ongoing Wells gag. They can still keep Black Lightening and Supergirl relatively separate and still on the same Earth, and open them up for crossovers without Cisco or breaching necessary. They really seem to be trying to play up the "World's Finest" with Kara and Batwoman.

Plus, if they pull a merger now, they can always unmerge with an Infinite Crisis in a few years.

Retired

It would be funniy if Annette O'Toole made a cameo and Brandon Routh's Superman said "Lana, is that you?"

It will be confusing for everyone as the same actors have played different characters in the multiverse.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I just had a funny thought...what if Smallville Earth becomes the stand in for the Paradise dimension?

That way, Smallville Lois and Clark get their earth back and their happy ending.

Keep in mind too, that We saw someone looking an awful lot like Smallville Green Arrow dead at the start of the Elseworld story last season. Maybe Smallville Earth needs a replacement Oliver Queen,and with his purpose fulfilled In the Arrowverse,he decides to come to Smallville Earth to fight the good fight there until Felicity joins him there in the future?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

How are they going to address the big elephant in the room,chloe?she was green arrow's wife and had a kid with him

Probably just ignore her and Hartley’s Green Arrow. They went off to Star City by the end of Season 10 or 11, didn’t they? With Green Arrow working for Argus or the DEO or whatever it was called. So there’s no need to address them at all if they start out in Metropolis or Smallville.

Probably just ignore her and Hartley’s Green Arrow. They went off to Star City by the end of Season 10 or 11, didn’t they? With Green Arrow working for Argus or the DEO or whatever it was called. So there’s no need to address them at all if they start out in Metropolis or Smallville.
    Or they could say she died. Have the green arrow hook up with smallville black canary. They did have a thing in the show.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    How are they going to address the big elephant in the room,chloe?she was green arrow's wife and had a kid with him
    In the comics, they moved off to Star City. So they aren't in the picture anymore. I don't think they are going to feature anyone else. I doubt they are going to kill off the Smallville-verse. They know people love the show despite...her.
    Assassinate Putin!